Wiki Posts
Search

ComAir 1st row legroom, how to tell?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:13 pm
JRF
Original Poster

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Talking ComAir 1st row legroom, how to tell?

Every once in a while I wind up on a ComAir CRJ and the first row has extra legroom.

Does anyone know how to spot one of these planes. Often times I can see the plane at the gate but don't know if I should request a seat change to row 1C or 1D.
Old Jul 17, 2004, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
JRF, the Embraer RJ 135 has extra leg room in the first row. See here: http://www.delta.com/travel/plan/air...-er3/index.jsp. It might also be the Embraer 145: http://www.delta.com/travel/plan/air...-erj/index.jsp. You'd have to look at your flight schedule to see if that's the type of aircraft you are on. I believe it's difficult to tell from looking at the outside of the plane if it's an Embraer RJ 135, 145 or a Canadair Regional Jet with 50 seats.

Last edited by Traveller; Jul 17, 2004 at 8:47 pm Reason: To fix the links. I tried to make them fancy, but failed. :(
Old Jul 17, 2004, 11:38 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
i thought the extra room planes were the 40 seaters -- if the first row is row 3, you want it.

CRJ's and ERJ's are easy to tell apart -- CRJ's have winglets. (some of CO's ERJ's have winglets, too, but i don't think any of the DL connection ERJ's are the XR's with winglets..) otoh, you'll have a very tough time telling the 40-seat and 50-seat CRJ's apart, since they're the same plane, just equipped with a different number of seats.
Old Jul 18, 2004, 9:41 am

Programs: Delta-Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott-Lifetime Titanium. Priority Club-Platinum
Originally Posted by JRF
Every once in a while I wind up on a ComAir CRJ and the first row has extra legroom.

Does anyone know how to spot one of these planes. Often times I can see the plane at the gate but don't know if I should request a seat change to row 1C or 1D.
Seat1A is correct...you want the CRJ-40, row 3.

Now if I could just figure out what's inside those mysterious pods where the seats used to be...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.