Wiki Posts
Search

SkyMiles Account History Site down?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2004, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold
SkyMiles Account History Site down?

Does anyone know if the SkyMiles Account History page is in an outage? I have been trying to bring it up since last night, and still today I am getting the same error:

Account History
Error: System Unavailable
We're sorry, but the system is currently unavailable. Please try again later, or call Delta's automated telephone system at 1-800-325-3999. (Outside the U.S., the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, The Bahamas and Canada, call 404-714-2300.)

For assistance, please send us an E-mail message.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
It's working for me, I was just able to go to the Skymiles tab and see my history.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
It's working for me, I was just able to go to the Skymiles tab and see my history.
Hmmm... maybe Air France's after-flight processes are as bad as their airport processes and somehow gummed me up with Delta...
Old Jun 28, 2004, 8:24 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I,too, am able to access my account information - both late last evening and about 45 minutes ago.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
I cannot access my account on line and getting the same error message posted earlier. As of today, Tuesday, June 29, 10:20 AM EDT.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tonypct
I cannot access my account on line and getting the same error message posted earlier. As of today, Tuesday, June 29, 10:20 AM EDT.
It's still down for me... I called Delta half an hour or so ago, and the gentleman at web site support (who amazingly answered in one ring, without going through any automated system, wow!) told me that the system actually *was* down. I replied "since Sunday??" and he didn't seem phased.

It seems odd that some people can access their accounts while others can't. Although, I would assume with the large size of the database (there are what, 35 million SkyMiles members?) that it is partitioned, with different clusters of servers handling different groups of accounts. Sounds like we just might be the unlucky ones.

But I still find it really odd that they would tolerate their systems being down for going on 48 hours now.

Chris
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:46 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I find it a little curious myself. Yesterday I WAS able to access my account as noted above but have not been able to do so all morning today (ie Tuesday, 06/29/04). So much for the partition theory!!
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Just checked. It's still down, as of 9:49AM, CST.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I find it a little curious myself. Yesterday I WAS able to access my account as noted above but have not been able to do so all morning today (ie Tuesday, 06/29/04). So much for the partition theory!!
I've experienced the same pattern. Not sure if that invalidates the partition theory - maybe it's a rolling blackout. I'm sure I've just revealed my ignorance of things infotechnical.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 9:03 am

It is intermittent and does indeed seem to be down for some of us.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Dead for me too.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 1:55 pm

still can't log in as 3:55 PM Esatern Time
Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:09 pm

Good Luck-You'll need it

Originally Posted by gofly
still can't log in as 3:55 PM Esatern Time
I have been unable to access my history file since early May. I haved called and e-mailed everybody but the President to no avail.They are aware of the problem but apparently can't fix it
I quit trying a few weeks ago. Maybe if enough people complain something will be done.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ridgepath
I have been unable to access my history file since early May. I haved called and e-mailed everybody but the President to no avail.They are aware of the problem but apparently can't fix it
I quit trying a few weeks ago. Maybe if enough people complain something will be done.
Well this is just insane. I have a friend who works at DL but he's in logistics, but maybe he can raise a little more hell than I can. It's very bizzare, since until now, I've never had any issues with delta.com.

Still down at 22:37 London time.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Still down, as of 6/29/04, 4:42pm CST.

Maybe their servers were hit by one of those everyday MS virii.

Originally Posted by ChrisAtlanta
Does anyone know if the SkyMiles Account History page is in an outage? I have been trying to bring it up since last night, and still today I am getting the same error:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.