Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Medallion Qualification Stats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2004, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9th Year DL PM, Priority Club Plat, Intercon Plat Royal Ambassador, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres. Cir
Question 2005 Medallion Qualification Stats

Current Plat member with 93K MQMs. Does anyone know if 2005 qualification will allow DL Plat members to roll miles from 2004 to 2005. . .much like they did in 2003 to 2004 if you hit a certain threshold? I carried 30K miles last year and it helped tremendously.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:06 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by roadworrier
Current Plat member with 93K MQMs. Does anyone know if 2005 qualification will allow DL Plat members to roll miles from 2004 to 2005. . .much like they did in 2003 to 2004 if you hit a certain threshold? I carried 30K miles last year and it helped tremendously.

Thanks in advance.
As far as the Delta Website is concerned, this is seems to be the case (that you can roll 15/30K miles over to 2005 (or to 2006 as they would call it!) when meeting certain thresholds.

See this Link
Old Jun 17, 2004, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
No one knows.

According to this page: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/manag...fits/index.jsp (which is the referring page to the above post), it states, "Threshold Options are subject to change in the future." I don't think the thresholds have been announced for '05 yet.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by keeton
According to this page: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/manag...fits/index.jsp (which is the referring page to the above post), it states, "Threshold Options are subject to change in the future." I don't think the thresholds have been announced for '05 yet.

I realize everything is "subject to change", including "liffe-time" benefits, but by having the web page with the "reward" still on the site, they are setting themselves up for another PR catastrophee if renegging on this for 2005.

I am sure Cholula is not the only one going to some expense to reach the 150,000 mark in the belief this will render additional benefits!
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I realize everything is "subject to change", including "liffe-time" benefits, but by having the web page with the "reward" still on the site, they are setting themselves up for another PR catastrophee if renegging on this for 2005.

I am sure Cholula is not the only one going to some expense to reach the 150,000 mark in the belief this will render additional benefits!
I agree. I would be pissed if it comes off as I am on pace to get there but not because I am really trying just because business is good.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 7:03 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
I was under the impression that this would be decided on a yearly basis and nothing from the above link refers to 2005 qualifications. It states that it is for 2004 from your 2003 MQM, if I am reading correctly.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I was under the impression that this would be decided on a yearly basis and nothing from the above link refers to 2005 qualifications. It states that it is for 2004 from your 2003 MQM, if I am reading correctly.
I don't disaggree with this, however, I very much doubt that delta will nix this (unless they put something better in place). With several PM members working their way towards the 150,000+ to get the rewards this year, why would they risk further alienating their absolute top MQM getters by taking this away withoutm putting something else (better) in place?? What could be an acceptable substitute for me?: a new top tier level at 150K bringing the "old" PM benefits back (More PMU's, NAMUS, Booking of FC seat for K+ fares, working poriority benefits etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.