Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can you convince DL to check bags through when flying on 2 separate DL records?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying Song then within 70 mintues or so am taking a DL flight, which is booked separately.

Will they agree to check my bags from the Song origin to the Delta destination?

Consideration #2: Will the Delta RPU (KGB-like organization within DL) try to punish me? Do they consider my ticketing to be unlawful (unlawful by the DL rules, not state or federal statutes)? I am ticketed on a round trip DL itinerary but midway through the trip, I take another trip within a trip, coming back on Song.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:02 pm

Seems all OK. You have to show the two coupons and they will issue boarding pass and the luggage tags accrodingly.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:05 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
I've done this before with no problems. Usually if it is 1 a/l there is no trouble unless you get a real jerkoff.
Old Jun 4, 2004, 11:07 pm

I've done it twice, should not be a issue.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 9:19 am

I've done it several times under dicier (albeit legal) situations with nary an eyelash bashed.
Old Jun 5, 2004, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I've done it too but with a strange twist.

I had a Skymiles ticket from SJC to ATL and a paid ticket in a separate PNR from ATL to JAX. They offered to check bags through to JAX when I checked in at SJC but they would not check ME in at SJC for the flight from ATL to JAX. They said that record was under ATL control.
Old Jun 6, 2004, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Two Delta Tickets

Originally Posted by Skylink USA
I'm flying Song then within 70 mintues or so am taking a DL flight, which is booked separately.

Will they agree to check my bags from the Song origin to the Delta destination?

Consideration #2: Will the Delta RPU (KGB-like organization within DL) try to punish me? Do they consider my ticketing to be unlawful (unlawful by the DL rules, not state or federal statutes)? I am ticketed on a round trip DL itinerary but midway through the trip, I take another trip within a trip, coming back on Song.
In the past I have flown twice from ATL to LAX and LAX to LAS. This is an unusual routing to LAS but I did it to get triple miles during a promotion. The Delta Web site wouldn't book this, and when I called Delta they quoted a price that was greater than the sum of the individual fares (ATL-LAX, LAX-LAS). So they wrote two tickets. I was allowed to check all baggage through to LAS, but could only get boarding passes for the ATL-LAS leg. Had to pick of the boarding passes for LAX-LAS in LAX. Everything worked smoothly. This is not back to back ticketing designed to avoid a Saturday night requirement and therefore in ok with the airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.