Old May 23, 2004, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Seating 767-400???

What might be the best seats for two on a 767-400 LAX/ATL? Thanks
Old May 23, 2004, 3:34 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ejflaro
What might be the best seats for two on a 767-400 LAX/ATL? Thanks
7E and 7F -- They are crew rest seats on longer flights.
Old May 23, 2004, 3:42 pm

ejflaro, try doing a "search" in the future. This topic has been asked many times.
Old May 23, 2004, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by jfulcher
7E and 7F -- They are crew rest seats on longer flights.
I agree that 7E and 7F have a ton of extra room and my wife and I try to get them whenever possible. The one downside to them, however, is that unless you have quite long legs you can't utilize the footrests as they are too far forward (because of the extra space). Still, the extra room is great.
Old May 23, 2004, 6:47 pm

http://www.seatguru.com/delta/B764.shtml
Old May 25, 2004, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by atl runner
I agree that 7E and 7F have a ton of extra room and my wife and I try to get them whenever possible. The one downside to them, however, is that unless you have quite long legs you can't utilize the footrests as they are too far forward (because of the extra space). Still, the extra room is great.
What are the legrest like? Do they come out from under *your* seat or are they attached to the seat in front of you? Are the legrest the same for 7EF as the rest of the FC cabin?

thanks
Old May 25, 2004, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by 767400
What are the legrest like? Do they come out from under *your* seat or are they attached to the seat in front of you? Are the legrest the same for 7EF as the rest of the FC cabin?

thanks

The foot rest is attached to the seat in front of you and is the same for 7EF as the rest of the FC cabin, which means that you have to be about 7 feet tall to use it when sitting in 7EF. However, the extra leg room more than makes up for the fact that the foot rest is nearly impossible to use.

Last edited by leapinglizard; May 25, 2004 at 11:13 am Reason: clarity
Old May 25, 2004, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by leapinglizard
The foot rest is attached to the seat in front of you and is the same for 7EF as the rest of the FC cabin, which means that you have to be about 7 feet tall to use it when sitting in 7EF. However, the extra leg room more than makes up for the fact that the foot rest is nearly impossible to use.
Yes, I concur. The footrests would be usable by Shaq but that's about it. But he'd find the seat way too narrow.
But, if they're available, take them.

Last edited by atl runner; May 25, 2004 at 12:12 pm
Old May 25, 2004, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Silver
If my wife and son are in 4 A&B on this configuration and I want to sit across from them, which seat do I want? I would assume 4C, but some aircraft configurations differ by equipment type.
Old May 25, 2004, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cornered in CVG
If my wife and son are in 4 A&B on this configuration and I want to sit across from them, which seat do I want? I would assume 4C, but some aircraft configurations differ by equipment type.
The center row is, I think, slightly offset from the A/B seats, but not enough to make a significant difference (if I'm even right--it might be the offset is with the E/F seats). Regardless, I'm almost certain 4C is your best option. Anybody with a more definite idea, please help out here.

Last edited by atl runner; May 25, 2004 at 12:30 pm
Old May 26, 2004, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Seats 7 E&F are taken on the flight we will be on, but seats 3A&B are available. On SeatGuru, it looks like there is a lot of room before the bulkhead for these seats as compared to the other bulkhead seats. Does anybody know if that is the case?
Old May 26, 2004, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Seats 7 E&F are taken on the flight we will be on, but seats 3A&B are available. On SeatGuru, it looks like there is a lot of room before the bulkhead for these seats as compared to the other bulkhead seats. Does anybody know if that is the case?
I'm not sure about your specific question but I thought I would point out that with bulkhead you will not have the footrests (because there is no seat in front of you that they could be attached to). Of course, you wouldn't have been able to use them in 7E/F either (as pointed out in posts above) but that is a lot more room than even bulkhead will give you. I like the footrests if I can't get 7E/F but everyone is different in what's important to them.
Old May 26, 2004, 3:16 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
I sat in 3A on a 767-400 one time, and I don't recall the legroom being unusually low or high.

I hate bulkhead seats, so when I saw my seat assignment of 3A on the GIDS, I thought "Oh, goody gumdrops, no bulkhead". Surprise, surprise, I boarded the plane and the seat I thought was 3A was actually 5A.
Old May 26, 2004, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by lofly
ejflaro, try doing a "search" in the future. This topic has been asked many times.
This thread may also help answer your questions:

767-400 FIRST CLASS ROW 7
Old May 27, 2004, 9:45 am

One thing seatguru doesn't mention about the 767-400 DL configuration is that there is a big advantage to the left side (ABC) seats in F. This is because both F lavs are on the left, and if you are in a DEF seat, the only way to cross over is through the F galley. The cross-over passage also holds the jump seats, and is absurdly narrow, so if a F/A is seated in a jump seat at anytime during the flight, it is literally impossible to pass by. The F/A has to stop her/his conversation, get up, move out of the way, and let you by.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.