Wiki Posts
Search

Executive Sighting...

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2004, 7:03 pm
tph
Original Poster

Executive Sighting...

On a flight yesterday from ATL - SLC I noticed the flight attendants were shaking someones hand at the front of the plane. They were also noticeably extra sweet and accomodating. (Not that they aren't always..)
Well who should come sit down accross from the isle from me?....
Ms. Vicki Escarra! Even the the man in charge of baggage handling came to give her an update of the baggage and promised to get them out on time.
It was quite interesting, as all the employees were certainly on their guard and kept themselves busy.
I didn't talk with her...sorry. I'm sure other people on Flyer Talk would have talked her ear off, but I was chicken. She watched the movie, ate breakfast, did a little work etc..
I wonder how her upgrade works!
Not quite a celebrity sighting, but interesting...
Old May 7, 2004, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Were you in first?
Old May 7, 2004, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
You have to be kidding!!

Originally Posted by Traveller
Were you in first?
If not, then that's got to be the biggest news this year....I can see the headline in the AJC:

Delta Executive Samples World Class Coach Product

Was she working on her resume by any chance???
Old May 7, 2004, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don
Was she working on her resume by any chance???
You got me laughing my a** off!!! Thanks!
Old May 7, 2004, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I almost wish I was flying Delta again!!!

D@mn!!! I sure would like to sit with her on a flight
Old May 8, 2004, 12:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mikey1003
D@mn!!! I sure would like to sit with her on a flight
I'm certainly not a Ms. Vicki fan but even you'd have to admit, Mikey, that this could be termed cruel and unusual punishment.
Old May 8, 2004, 6:33 am

Grinstein Sigthing

About three weeks ago, I was in the ATL CRC A Centerpont where I found Mr. Grinstein watching TV and sipping on what appeared to be a cola.

I went over, said hi and introduced myself. I look a little young for my age(24) so, I usually do not get tons of respect from older gentlemen but, Mr. Grinstein was very friendly and welcoming. He asked me to sit with him and chat but, I needed to use the restrooms and get a move on for my flight. In hindsight, I wish that I had sat with him as he seemed to really care about what frequent travelers thought and he might(really big might) shed some light on what his plans are for DL.

Dan
Old May 8, 2004, 9:15 am
tph
Original Poster

Yes, we were in first. A 763 in seats 3 B and 3C. She did laugh anonoyingly loud at the funny parts in "Along Came Poly"
Old May 8, 2004, 9:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dan1431
He asked me to sit with him and chat but, I needed to use the restrooms and get a move on for my flight. In hindsight, I wish that I had sat with him as he seemed to really care about what frequent travelers thought and he might(really big might) shed some light on what his plans are for DL.
Yep, there's always another flight, but when will you have another chance for that type of interaction? I would have stayed and talked for as long as he was willing (guessing that his interest in our conversation would have waned long before mine).
Old May 8, 2004, 9:25 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
I think it is kind of sad that seeing "Along Came Polly" took precedence over an unique chance for Ms. Vicki to engage in meaningful dialogue with her seat mate(s). But it does shed light over the apparent disconnect between Delta's perception of what is on FF's mind and what we read here actually is on their mind.
Old May 8, 2004, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
About three weeks ago, I was in the ATL CRC A Centerpont where I found Mr. Grinstein watching TV and sipping on what appeared to be a cola.

I went over, said hi and introduced myself. I look a little young for my age(24) so, I usually do not get tons of respect from older gentlemen but, Mr. Grinstein was very friendly and welcoming. He asked me to sit with him and chat but, I needed to use the restrooms and get a move on for my flight. In hindsight, I wish that I had sat with him as he seemed to really care about what frequent travelers thought and he might(really big might) shed some light on what his plans are for DL.

Dan
I would have just missed my flight if he had invited me to sit with him and chat.
Old May 8, 2004, 9:34 am

Programs: DL: Diamond
I think Delta executives should fly in coach. If it's good enough for us then it should be good enough for them. But of course not... who would want to sit back there??
Old May 8, 2004, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I would have been a perfect gentleman

Originally Posted by Cholula
I'm certainly not a Ms. Vicki fan but even you'd have to admit, Mikey, that this could be termed cruel and unusual punishment.
Just to talk to her about the errors of her ways would have been a treat!
Old May 8, 2004, 9:59 am

Exclamation I would pay...

Originally Posted by mikey1003
Just to talk to her about the errors of her ways would have been a treat!
big money to be a fly on that wall!
Old May 8, 2004, 10:04 am

Question I Wonder if he would have had to pay...

He asked me to sit with him and chat but, I needed to use the restrooms and get a move on for my flight.
If he had missed his flight would "I was chatting with Jerry Grinstien" have been a good enough excuse to get out of paying that $25 fee?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.