DL 757's with J class

Old Apr 11, 04, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Question DL 757's with J class

I am looking at a flight from CVG-ATL next weekend when picking my seats I noticed that it was J class and the itin. says Biz rather than first. Is this the same thing as B/E, what is it like? Any seat better than the others? It's only an 1 hr. but I would like to have the best seat. (BTW, seatguru has nothing about these J/Y 757s) Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 04, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by dspringer28
I am looking at a flight from CVG-ATL next weekend when picking my seats I noticed that it was J class and the itin. says Biz rather than first. Is this the same thing as B/E, what is it like? Any seat better than the others? It's only an 1 hr. but I would like to have the best seat. (BTW, seatguru has nothing about these J/Y 757s) Thanks!
Well, it's not that much different. These are planes configured for latin america business class, mostly a marketing move. There are no seats where 6A and 6B would be. There is some kind of manual footrest but I didn't notice any extra pitch.
Old Apr 11, 04, 11:39 pm

I have been on one of these 757s when we had an equipment change. True there is not much difference in the first class cabin or the seats. However, the AB side of the cabin has only 5 rows and there is considerably more pitch on that side of the aisle.
Old Apr 11, 04, 11:45 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
It could be a regular domestic F seat too...

Careful though... it could be a regular 757 too. I've been on many LAX-SLC flights that were codeshares with Aeromexico, and they said "Business Class", but in reality, it was the normal 757 with domestic first class seating.
Old Apr 12, 04, 1:34 am
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Starriott Ambassador, National Exec Elite
It probably will be a standard domestic 757 layout, but I was once on a 757 that had extra leg room and even a leg rest, although it did not have BusinessElite pitch or a power-operated seat. Apparently, hiding somewhere in the fleet at one time, some 757 aircraft were configured this way for some of the long haul South American stuff. They may no longer exist (converted to Song, perhaps) as I haven't seen one since -- but it was definitely a differently-configured 757 and much more comfortable.
Old Apr 12, 04, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
It could simply mean that the flight is ongoing to SA or Central America with the same flight number. For several years, there was a DL 2095, a 757 which originated in PVD and flew to ATL with onward destination of MEX. I flew that flight many times to ATL, and the FC section was always termed "business" and upgrades were "X" instead of "V" but the airplane was just a standard DL 757.
Old Jun 18, 04, 11:12 am

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
I just flew on two of the "J" class configured 757's this week. I had ship 6901 on my ATL-DAY flight and ship 6903 on my ATL-SNA flight. There is, IMHO, a noticeabl difference in pitch. I am 6'4", and the gentlemen sitting in the aisle seat was able to get up to use the lavatory without me having to get up first. Also, the adjustable headrest is a nice feature. The lge rest is "so-so". So far, there are still 3 planes in the fleet. Let's hope they stay this way!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: