Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help! Delta: DTW-PVR for October

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion
Need Help! Delta: DTW-PVR for October

I'm seeing nothing but higher-than-competition fares for DTW-PVR on Delta...(even alternative airports like LAN or FNT) +$1,200 per person...
I need to use them as I'm a mileage whore and I also get the perks (don't hate!).
Here's my question...
I checked their online seat maps and most of the flights show over 90% available seats. Does this mean that these are unpurchased seats?
IF that's the case, I might assume that fares will start working their way down.
Any thoughts/tips?

dates in question are Oct 16-23

Last edited by Renaissanceman; Aug 5, 2016 at 7:57 am
Old Aug 5, 2016, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
No, the seat map does not reflect the loads/number of tickets sold for that flight. Most pax decline to pay for ASR and are happy to get their seats at check-in. You can easily find flights with a lot of unassigned seats but in reality the flights are sold out. Forget about predicting the loads on a flight based on the seat map.

In general, fares tend to go up rather than down closer to departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.