35 elites w/out upgrade SEA to MSP

Old Sep 24, 2009, 10:52 pm
Original Poster

35 elites w/out upgrade SEA to MSP

the 757-200 has 20 first class seats, so i was a little surprised that i didn't move up to R today. it has been awhile since i haven't been upgraded, so i asked how many were on the list today. there were 35 (i was #4). i have seen mid-20s several times, but an upgrade list of 35 seems really high.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by mspnw1993
the 757-200 has 20 first class seats, so i was a little surprised that i didn't move up to R today. it has been awhile since i haven't been upgraded, so i asked how many were on the list today. there were 35 (i was #4). i have seen mid-20s several times, but an upgrade list of 35 seems really high.
40+ today for MSP-SFO. I was the only person upgraded on the flight - at the gate. R inventory never opened up. 1 no show in F.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
didnt I read that now they're upgrading any elite member's companions at 12 hours out? So that means that anyone who has a companion will be on the list at 12 hours out. So that would include all those who didnt clear in EUA plus companions. I saw a post the other day of a silver who was flying with his two daughters and all three were upgraded. I'm not sure quite whats going on but I thought I heard something like that. My partner (Gold Elite) is flying SEA-MSP-SEA this weekend and cleared the outbound at 4 days out and the inbound at 3 days out. My mom (Plat Elite) is flying MSP-SEA-MSP this weekend as well she got upgraded like 6 days out for both the inbound and outbound...
Old Sep 25, 2009, 4:37 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bmchris
40+ today for MSP-SFO. I was the only person upgraded on the flight - at the gate. R inventory never opened up. 1 no show in F.
Just out of curiosity, what fare was that?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:06 am

On the Thursday 6:30pm DCA-DTW flight, I have seen more than 50 people on the upgrade list. In fact, a few times the boarding has gone all platinums, then all golds, followed by silvers, then maybe 30 people in general boarding.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Try a Thursday DCA-SLC 5pm-ish flight, I've seen 30+ Platinums not clear. Of course DCA is tough with the heavy concentration of government employees flying on faux Y fares.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:43 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Yea... I did an afternoon flight one day that had over 80 people on the upgrade list... but I made it, on an AWARD ticket. Sure helps to be a member of the soon to be defunct 2% Club ...

Originally Posted by gleff
Try a Thursday DCA-SLC 5pm-ish flight, I've seen 30+ Platinums not clear. Of course DCA is tough with the heavy concentration of government employees flying on faux Y fares.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
DCA-DTW on the Thursday.... at least 2 years ago was running 70-100 elites deep.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 6:53 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Upgrades always seem to get a little more difficult as year-end has new elites and elites that will disappear next year all in the queue.

My guess is with all the EQM that DL has Gold and Silver next year will be losing the only benefit that makes DL better than AA, the free upgrade.

If Gold go under 50% and Silver under 25% than DL would have put the final straw in what was a great program. They surely do not have much to stand on for a FFP, with lousy awards, and having many elites sitting in the back.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:33 am

Programs: NW GE
Monday AM MSP-SFO this spring on the anteater (753), as a Silver I was #111 out of #127 on the upgrade list. Needless to say I was pretty content with 14A for that flight.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lyaec350
Monday AM MSP-SFO this spring on the anteater (753), as a Silver I was #111 out of #127 on the upgrade list. Needless to say I was pretty content with 14A for that flight.

"anteater"

Best. Name. EVAR!!11!

c|d
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by florin
Just out of curiosity, what fare was that?
K fare.

I am past 125K this year though - not sure if that was a factor. I didn't check in until about 1 hour before the flight, hoping R would open up. But I was still number 1 on the upgrade list.

Last edited by bmchris; Sep 25, 2009 at 9:41 am
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Delta GM, CO GE
And the best part is....

Originally Posted by bmchris
K fare.
As noted about a month ago: When DL begins to "upgrade" FA's on deadhead flights, NetJet pilots, company crew (which I was told after a TTU is DL policy--flight crew that is: one can see some logic here if something were to go wrong you would have a company pilot/co in first), GA's that know who everyone is i.e., the crew and company (and non-company as in NetJet pilots) *before* boarding and then announcing to all pax holding all manner of elite status "first is full".....great. It will, I fear, get much worse, I will finish out this year at least Gold, but I think that will be it for me, just start looking for the cheapest flights and paying a bit extra for better seats. DTW is going to route most flights through ATL [which is hell on earth] glad I dont have to use MSP -- they will be out as soon as DL finishes it's 200 million obligation to the city, which the company could buy out of if they wanted: I would not be surprised if they did so, sooner than later, too.

Best

Last edited by Himmelhund; Sep 25, 2009 at 10:51 am Reason: missing word
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Makes it fun to watch the boarding announcement for elites and half the plane tries to board. Call it elite cattle call.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Makes it fun to watch the boarding announcement for elites and half the plane tries to board. Call it elite cattle call.
They need to split it up. Elites A-K, then board L-Z.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.