Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why is Delta calling me about upgrades??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

So I have a DL flights this weekend (booked on nwa.com using my WP account). This morning I got 2 calls from DL notifying my upgrade. I have never gotten this before and don't know how to turn it off. In my nwa.com's My NWA Info, I'm only subscribe to email elite upgrade notification. I'm not subscribe to anything on delta.com with my SM account.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:05 am

Programs: NW GE
Did you enter a phone # on that "we don't have your contact information--provide it and we will keep you updated" bar on the DL.com reservation screen?

I made the mistake of doing that once and got frequent calls with 1 minute changes in the scheduled dept./arrival time.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Delta Also called me, yesterday at 1.30PM (pst) and this morning at 6.45AM! this must stop! Advice anyone?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
there is no way to turn this off other than to remove your telephone number from your NWA Elite Profile (and have reservations remove the number manually from each active reservation you currently have)....unfortunately the folks in DL IT forgot about FCC Rules & Regulations
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by delanet
Delta Also called me, yesterday at 1.30PM (pst) and this morning at 6.45AM! this must stop! Advice anyone?
yep...www.fcc.gov
Old Sep 22, 2009, 9:52 am

DL loves to call about U/Gs. They aren't nearly as Johny on the spot to tell you about CXL or IROPS.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:29 am

Programs: Skymiles
Originally Posted by motytrah
DL loves to call about U/Gs. They aren't nearly as Johny on the spot to tell you about CXL or IROPS.
Do you think everyone knows what these mean? U/G, CXL, IROPS?
I can type a long list I'm sure you don't know. Please be considerate.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: AS MVP*G, HH Dia, AA G 1Mil, MR Pltnm, former HHonors manager at a Hilton property in San Diego
I know that U/G means upgrade, and CXL or CNXL means cancellations... but IROPS has be stumped.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by FREEquentflyerJake
I know that U/G means upgrade, and CXL or CNXL means cancellations... but IROPS has be stumped.
Irregular operations....i.e. cancelled or delayed flight.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by FREEquentflyerJake
Irregular operations—delays, cancellations, diversions basically anything off-schedule that happens to a flight.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 11:58 am

contacting fcc.gov is a stupid suggestion

Go to the My Info page on nwa.com, log in if necessary, then click on the "View/Update Travel Alerts" link.

There you will see a screen that specifies the events you can by contacted by phone / e-mail for.

And under "Contact Info", you even have control over what hours you can be contacted.

Hope this info helps... and I'm not sure how much longer this feature will last for, given that nwa.com is melting away slowly & surely.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
Go to the My Info page on nwa.com, log in if necessary, then click on the "View/Update Travel Alerts" link.

There you will see a screen that specifies the events you can by contacted by phone / e-mail for.

And under "Contact Info", you even have control over what hours you can be contacted.

Hope this info helps... and I'm not sure how much longer this feature will last for, given that nwa.com is melting away slowly & surely.
They are not following the preference set in My NWA Info so I don't know how to get them to stop calling. That's the point of this thread. I don't even have a phone contact there. Just a wireless contact with email address (not number).
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Dick H
Do you think everyone knows what these mean? U/G, CXL, IROPS?
I can type a long list I'm sure you don't know. Please be considerate.
http://www.flyertalk.com/glossary/

seek and yee shall find....
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DJMeatBall

This only controls PARS and NWA systems....unfortunately DLMatic is now accessing this same info but ISN'T reading anything other than the telephone number...no way to stop them from calling....I've been told by DL IT to "just remove my telephone number from my profile and all PNR's" to solve the issue...best of both strikes again...
Old Sep 22, 2009, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hw711
They are not following the preference set in My NWA Info so I don't know how to get them to stop calling. That's the point of this thread. I don't even have a phone contact there. Just a wireless contact with email address (not number).
unfortunately there isn't a way.....this topic has been discussed before in the DL threads and we NWA elites were told by the DL elites to basically suck it up and stop complaining because DL IT is the best blah blah blah....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.