Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why is Delta calling me about upgrades??

Why is Delta calling me about upgrades??

Old Sep 22, 09, 6:24 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Inland Empire!
Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 2,916
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
suck it up and stop complaining because DL IT is the best blah blah blah....
You mean they aren't???!??
secretsea18 is offline  
Old Sep 22, 09, 6:27 pm
  #17  
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Posts: 15,601
Do what I do... update your profile numbers to a Google Voice number. No calls to my personal phones. Just a (poorly) transcribed voicemail sent to my e-mail address.
slippahs is offline  
Old Sep 22, 09, 9:34 pm
  #18  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
Originally Posted by secretsea18 View Post
You mean they aren't???!??
well actually if you do an apple to apple comparison...they are the best IT department....but then I dont know of anyone else who has Chimps doing programming on Vic-20's in building without heat/power/water to try and run a Fortune 500 company (I think DL was one of Dogbert Consulting LLC's first clients...I do believe they are still a client too)
socrates is offline  
Old Sep 22, 09, 9:37 pm
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
Originally Posted by slippahs View Post
Do what I do... update your profile numbers to a Google Voice number. No calls to my personal phones. Just a (poorly) transcribed voicemail sent to my e-mail address.
nah i'm seriously at the point of reporting them to the FCC...I've called them and asked them repeatedly to stop....not my fault they can't...they've been instructed to stop, profile says not to call...they can take it up with them on why they feel they can break the law...note to anyone from DL...if you'd like to PM me about this feel free...but dont tell me "it'll be fixed shortly when we make you a DL elite"...doesn't matter - telling a judge you wont break the law after a future date will just get you laughed at
socrates is offline  
Old Sep 23, 09, 12:14 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SAN
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 428
I noticed taking my number out of my res didn't help when I had the same problem, except mine was schedule updates. I wish they could take a cue from NW and understand that if I booked online, I do have access to the internet and they could just e-mail me with changes like NW did/does. Also irritating is that DL leaves a message to call them back, and doesn't just leave the changes in the voice mail. Oh well...
BHArt is offline  
Old Sep 23, 09, 12:15 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,095
From Delta's own website:
Once the window opens, the automated upgrade processing will continue to clear upgrades as availability changes, up to three hours prior to departure. When your upgrade clears, if you've provided us with contact information we'll automatically notify you via email, voice, or text message. Don't worry, if we call you, it'll be between 9am-9pm.
GBadger is offline  
Old Sep 23, 09, 7:44 pm
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
From Delta's own website:
Once the window opens, the automated upgrade processing will continue to clear upgrades as availability changes, up to three hours prior to departure. When your upgrade clears, if you've provided us with contact information we'll automatically notify you via email, voice, or text message. Don't worry, if we call you, it'll be between 9am-9pm.
I guess the times must be stated using the Atlantic time zone...my home # is a Central Time Zone based number and they are calling outside of these times
socrates is offline  
Old Sep 23, 09, 9:30 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,095
Originally Posted by socrates View Post
I guess the times must be stated using the Atlantic time zone...my home # is a Central Time Zone based number and they are calling outside of these times
Yeah, so my post was more to highlight that they were breaking their own rules than what the rules were .
GBadger is offline  
Old Sep 23, 09, 10:30 pm
  #24  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee
Posts: 184
Hopefull the calls the OP mentioned were for a good reason, i.e., an "upgrade cleared" notice, rather than "first-class has checked in full, have fun in steerage" notice. Can you identify the incoming number? It may be a drastic step, but your cell phone service provider should be able block a specific number. Tell the Verizon/ATT/Sprint operator you are being stalked by a legacy airline carrier...
flatlined is offline  
Old Sep 24, 09, 4:47 am
  #25  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
Originally Posted by flatlined View Post
Hopefull the calls the OP mentioned were for a good reason, i.e., an "upgrade cleared" notice, rather than "first-class has checked in full, have fun in steerage" notice. Can you identify the incoming number? It may be a drastic step, but your cell phone service provider should be able block a specific number. Tell the Verizon/ATT/Sprint operator you are being stalked by a legacy airline carrier...
the number that shows on CID is DL's 800 res line
socrates is offline  
Old Sep 24, 09, 11:02 pm
  #26  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Detroit, Michigan USA
Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta FO
Posts: 5,322
I was called at 6:00 a.m. A recorded message told me that I was NOT upgraded for a flight later that day. Oh yeah, the flight had no first class section.
ohmark is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: