Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

when did your summer europe bonus post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK

Just completed DCA-JFK-ZRH round trip, but haven't seen my 10,000 bonus miles. How long does it take to post?

I am also getting double miles due to the skymile Amex offer. There is no conflict between these two bonuses right?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Mine didn't post either (came back Monday, already got the regular miles). I TTU'ed this morning. At first, they said my Air Europa flights invalidate the trip. But I told them my Air Europa flights are booked under a totally different reservation, completely separate from my DL MKE->MAD->ORD trip. Still haven't heard back yet. Should I call the elite line?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hw711
Mine didn't post either (came back Monday, already got the regular miles). I TTU'ed this morning. At first, they said my Air Europa flights invalidate the trip. But I told them my Air Europa flights are booked under a totally different reservation, completely separate from my DL MKE->MAD->ORD trip. Still haven't heard back yet. Should I call the elite line?
Today the agent told me the bonus won't be posted until early October? Is that right? Anyone seen it yet?
Old Sep 14, 2009, 4:05 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I few to ZHR 9/4 and back home last night. I've gotten 5K from summer bonus (I assume for the outbound). It posted about a week after the flight.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I few to ZHR 9/4 and back home last night. I've gotten 5K from summer bonus (I assume for the outbound). It posted about a week after the flight.
it is strange. I got 5K too, supposedly for one way. But after 1 day, this bonus is taken away. Not sure what is going on. I am also getting the SKYMILE double bonus for this trip and 5K thank you bonus posted on the same day. NOt sure if these have to do with taken away of the Europe bonus.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by amtrakusa
it is strange. I got 5K too, supposedly for one way. But after 1 day, this bonus is taken away. Not sure what is going on. I am also getting the SKYMILE double bonus for this trip and 5K thank you bonus posted on the same day. NOt sure if these have to do with taken away of the Europe bonus.
I checked today and my 5000 Summer Europe Bonus is gone

I don't have a Delta Amex so I didn't get that bonus.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
LHR Bonuses Posted Quickly FWIW

LHR 25 / 50 K bonuses posted within 3 days of return. Flew the family to LHR on 3 M & 1 Z fares earning 125 k. Nice promotion, and even got to use my six plat upgrades.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
I received the 5k bonus for DTW-FCO and FCO-DTW when the flights posted to my account.

Now if they would credit me for the AS Double Miles from this summer that are loooong overdue!
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I checked today and my 5000 Summer Europe Bonus is gone

I don't have a Delta Amex so I didn't get that bonus.
This happened to me as well!

28SEP2009 DL 0207
ZRH - JFK 3,931 miles
3,931 100% Platinum Elite Bonus
3,931 SkyMiles Credit Card Double Miles Offer
Loyalty Reward Bonus Mile Offer 5,000
Yesterday the summer bonus was 5000 miles for one way, today it is gone.

Has anyone else had success with this posting automatically or at least after a TTU?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
And here is a link to this promo (still can be viewed):
http://www.nwa.com/offers/europebonus/

Qualifying Routes:
Route
Start Date
Detroit (DTW) – Rome, Italy (FCO) 6/4/09
Pittsburgh (PIT) – Paris, France (CDG) 6/3/09
New York (JFK) – Valencia, Spain (VLC) 6/5/09
New York (JFK) – Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH) 6/8/09

Register by August 31, 2009
Travel through September 30, 2009

Offer:
Booking Classes
Roundtrip Bonus Miles
NW BusinessElite (J/C/Z)
DL Business Elite (J/C/D/S/I) 15,000
NW Coach (Y/S/B/M/H/Q/V/L/T/K)
DL Economy (Y/B/M/H/Q/K/L/U/T) 10,000

Reference Code: GNWP BONUSEUROPE

Terms and Conditions:

You must be a WorldPerks member residing in the United States or Canada to participate in this offer. If you are not a WorldPerks member, enroll online or call 1-800-225-2525 to become a member and receive your account number. There is no cost to join.
Qualifying travel must be after registration and by August 31, 2009. Your itinerary must include travel on the Northwest Airlines or Delta Air Lines operated flights to Europe (Detroit – Rome, Pittsburgh - Paris, New York (JFK) - Valencia, or New York (JFK) - Zurich). Travel must be on a paid published fare. Bonus Miles will only be awarded for travel that includes one of the specified nonstop flights. One-way travel will qualify for half the Bonus Miles for the specific fare class. Routes can not be combined. A maximum of 15,000 Bonus Miles will be credited for each roundtrip ticket purchased and flown during the promotional period.
15,000 Bonus Miles will be awarded after roundtrip travel in NW BusinessElite (J/C/Z), DL Business Elite (J/C/D/S/I) class.
10,000 Bonus Miles will be awarded after roundtrip travel in NW Coach (Y/S/B/M/H/Q/V/L/T/K), DL Economy (Y/B/M/H/Q/K/L/U/T) class.
Bonus Miles for this promotion are in addition to your regular credited flight miles and Elite tier Bonus Miles. Approximate credited flight miles can be found at http://www.nwa.com/worldperks/track/calc.shtml. Bonus Miles do not count toward Elite qualification. Bonus Miles will be posted to member’s account registered for this promotion four to six weeks after completion of qualifying travel.
This offer is not retroactive. You must register for this promotion prior to purchasing your ticket and prior to departure, but not later than August 31, 2009.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 1:46 pm

When I TTU'd about this disappearing 5K Summer Bonus, the response was bonus miles will post 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:47 am

Still no JFK-ZRH 10,000 mile RT bonus and I did indeed register and fly within the time limits of the T&C. Any of you receive your bonus miles yet on this? I know there were at least five/six other FT'ers on the same flights as me on 9/11-9/13.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by BostonPaul
Still no JFK-ZRH 10,000 mile RT bonus and I did indeed register and fly within the time limits of the T&C. Any of you receive your bonus miles yet on this? I know there were at least five/six other FT'ers on the same flights as me on 9/11-9/13.
Nothing here. We bought with Amex too, so still waiting for those miles as well. I randomly got a 5k loyalty bonus, but not sure what thats from. I've flown at least 10 roundtrips since June so I should be getting 50,000 bonus miles from the targeted loyalty promo they ran. So many different promos- hard to keep track!
Old Oct 18, 2009, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
nobody has gotten it yet

Originally Posted by amtrakusa
Just completed DCA-JFK-ZRH round trip, but haven't seen my 10,000 bonus miles. How long does it take to post?

I am also getting double miles due to the skymile Amex offer. There is no conflict between these two bonuses right?
you must have missed my post asking the very same question last week. The answer from everyone is that nobody on the DL side has seen their bonus yet. Skymiles agents say we won't see it until 6-8 weeks after the promo end date of 9/30/2009. So early november it looks like.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Just noticed this posted from my ZRH trip last Sept.

10 Nov 2009 Non Air Activity Bonus: 2009 Internat'l New Market Bonus Mile Offer 0 15000 15000
06 Nov 2009 Non Air Activity Bonus: 2009 Int'l New Market AMEX Bonus Offer 0 15000 15000

This was in addition to the double miles I received (17724 RDM total) made one he!! of a mileage run!!!

Edit to add: Not do damn things (and maybe I should redeem these miles immediately), but my mom, who went on the trip with me, also got the 15k AMEX bonus. She paid with an AA Visa. Hmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.