Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:29 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by troyintn
I aqree and wonder how many people are now worried about making DM when they are trying not to.
I was trying not to, but if DL matches and allows it for prior bookings, I will get another 15K MQM just for LAX-SYD round trip, not to mention MSP-DEN and MSP-SLC round trip. I was a couple thousand short of DM so this would still give me a decent amount of rollover MQM. Certainly not like before but it is what it is.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
With AA and UA playing this game, how can DL sit on the sidelines?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
It took them a couple days to "match" the promo last time. I wonder how many extra MQMs were handed out in that promo, rather what the impact on sales might have been. If not so much, it makes me wonder if the MQM gift to medallions was a consolation prize???
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by GTITAN
IHMO, I think it will be hard for DL to sit this out if AA and UA have entered. My only question is will it be like each of the other legacies DEQM promos (valid on all fares) or will it be like the first one and exclude "deep discount" coach. Going to be interesting!
Absolutely, they really can't sit this out.

I aqree and wonder how many people are now worried about making DM when they are trying not to.
I was looking at being just short of DM, which suited me fine as my travel may fall off a cliff next year. But I may get another trip or two thrown my way, so this could end up being a good thing if I could make DM and still have some rollover miles.

David
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL MM, AA PLT
Oh, they have to match. The question is whether they'll include LUT in the fun this time around or not.

I kind of hope not, as if they do I'll need to face the reality that I'll either need to forego mileage credit (and Medallion upgrades ) for some of my upcoming flights or be pushed over the DM threshold with my flying for the rest of the year.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:15 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
ME!!!!!!!

Seriously, if DL matches, then I will change my travel at the end of the year. Instead of connecting SDF-XXX-DCA, I'll go SDF-BWI on Southwest and drive 40 miles back to DC. Same with my planned SDF-CVG-BOS, I'll change to Southwest.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
If I had my choice, I would vote NO for DL joining in the fun.

However, this does help me to maybe decide on where I should throw my business the rest of the year since I am already DM. Would be nice to secure second tier on another carrier.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors
Do it delta! Do it!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 7:39 pm

Does the sound of that sentence - 'worried about making DM when they are trying not to' - tell you that Delta's marketing savants who brainstormed this 4th tier are not visionaries?

I can't believe these guys anticipated PMs would purposely tread water at 124K MQMs.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Definitely sucks for those trying to stay just shy of DM, but it sure would work out great for me. If DL matches, and LUT fares are included, I stand to get enough rollover to ice Plat requal next year (including an already booked DPS ticket). Guess we'll have to see what tomorrow brings from ATL...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:23 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Why all this worry about getting too many MQMs? Both the AA and UA promotions require registration, and I would guess DL's would also. If you don't want more MQM's, don't register.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by fsa_ea
Why all this worry about getting too many MQMs? Both the AA and UA promotions require registration, and I would guess DL's would also. If you don't want more MQM's, don't register.
VERY good point^^^
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:37 pm

Lets make everyone Platinum...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
Lets make everyone Platinum...
Exactly...the Delta EQM mint has been a bit more generous than the other airlines' this year...
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
C'mon DL, MATCH! I could really use the boost!

For all you PMs who don't want to make DM, here's an idea: DON'T REGISTER FOR THE PROMOTION (if they offer it, of course)! Let the rest of us enjoy the party

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.