Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Old Sep 2, 09, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Titanium
I certainly hope so. Could use the extra-mqm's in requalifying this year. As of now, will be 137 miles short of medallion by year end.
Old Sep 2, 09, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Who wouldn't be elite going forward with 3 months of 3x MQMs plus another 3.5 months of 2x MQMs?

Hopefully Rollover MQMs subverts this - otherwise everyone will be Plat next year...
Old Sep 2, 09, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
UA is going to enter the race too. DL won't have much of any choice but to do something too.

Too bad for DL management if AA and UA's promotions end up throwing a bit of a monkey wrench into DL's already announced rollover benefit for elites.

Last edited by Canarsie; Sep 2, 09 at 5:12 pm Reason: Removed now-obsolete link.
Old Sep 2, 09, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
I can't imagine DL does this. With the rollover feature, the double MQMs will basically help people get 2011 status
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
AA's offer is valid "regardless of when the ticket was booked or ticketed". I sure hope that DL's match provides for the same, otherwise I might cancel a couple of my itineraries with carrier overlap and rebook on AA. Delta has been darn good about matching or beating the others in recent times, so I'm guessing they will do it this way.
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.1MM, EK Gold, SQ Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by El Boocho View Post
Toe the line DL. Don't do it!
Agreed. Please DL, enough dilution already. A DM level isnt going to mean anything if you "give" it to all the current PM's.
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by FlyAO2 View Post
I can't imagine DL does this. With the rollover feature, the double MQMs will basically help people get 2011 status
Doubtless JeffBob's screams will be heard in large portions of Atlanta.

In all seriousness though I have to say if DL does match this it will be time to reconsider DM as the inflation will make PM worth all the less.
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I think on YBM it would still be some what "fair". Of course this is coming from a PM that had over 150k mqms last year and is currently sitting on less than 50k . I need another promo.
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:43 pm

Location: RDU, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I wouldn't mind a promo - be nice to pad next years miles some!
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Starriott Ambassador, National Exec Elite
I am sure the carriers are looking at dismal bookings for the fall, and there may also be a fall off, from reduced corporate travel, in the projected numbers of elites for 2010. Either or both of these could "justify" a promo, I guess.

Will be interesting to see how Delta reacts to this.
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA has matched - double EQMs or double EQSs.

I'll make Premier on United for under $400 this year - netting me 31,653 EQMs or 37.5 EQSs there (depending on which way I go).
Old Sep 2, 09, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
UA has matched - double EQMs or double EQSs.

I'll make Premier on United for under $400 this year - netting me 31,653 EQMs or 37.5 EQSs there (depending on which way I go).
Cmon DL!

Any DL insiders have any insight as to whether they plan to match?
Old Sep 2, 09, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by Denolloyd View Post
Cmon DL!

Any DL insiders have any insight as to whether they plan to match?
IHMO, I think it will be hard for DL to sit this out if AA and UA have entered. My only question is will it be like each of the other legacies DEQM promos (valid on all fares) or will it be like the first one and exclude "deep discount" coach. Going to be interesting!

Safe Travels
Old Sep 2, 09, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GTITAN View Post
IHMO, I think it will be hard for DL to sit this out if AA and UA have entered. My only question is will it be like each of the other legacies DEQM promos (valid on all fares) or will it be like the first one and exclude "deep discount" coach. Going to be interesting!

Safe Travels
That's the big question - my gut is DL will match, but it will be interesting to see how they do so:
- Retroactive bookings (like AA/UA) or not (as DL has done in the past)
- EQMs only or EQSs (like UA is doing now)
- All fares or only K+?

Of course, it all really depends on what DL's internal bookings are looking like. UA and AA have most likely taken a hit. I'd guess DL has as well, but who knows how much. Not to mention the ease with with EQMs are already earned on Delta - they are the most liberal at printing EQMs of any airline.
Old Sep 2, 09, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Robert Leach View Post
I am sure the carriers are looking at dismal bookings for the fall, and there may also be a fall off, from reduced corporate travel, in the projected numbers of elites for 2010. Either or both of these could "justify" a promo, I guess.

Will be interesting to see how Delta reacts to this.
I aqree and wonder how many people are now worried about making DM when they are trying not to.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: