Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:21 am

Probably will not happen

I just talked to an “Insider” at Delta.
She states that Delta is TOO busy combining the NW and Delta SkyMiles programs to offer any more big programs this year. 70% confidence in this data.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 9:25 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by bigjack
She states that Delta is TOO busy combining the NW and Delta SkyMiles programs to offer any more big programs this year. 70% confidence in this data.
I have it on good authority that 60% of all statistics are made up.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 10:24 am

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
Come on Delta

Well Delta has about 24 hours to announce something or I need to book United for about a half dozen trips that just fell in my lap for next month.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 12:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by bigjack
While I agree with the probable outcome I imagine its more because DL mgmt doesn't want to match. In my experience with most companies senior mgmt is so disconnected from execution logistics that they simply say "just get it done quick and cheap and don't bother me with the details."

Still if they do hold firm I have to give them credit for taking a longer term view. They are probably going to lose some short term share to AA/UA over this.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by pmaddock
While I agree with the probable outcome I imagine its more because DL mgmt doesn't want to match. In my experience with most companies senior mgmt is so disconnected from execution logistics that they simply say "just get it done quick and cheap and don't bother me with the details."

Still if they do hold firm I have to give them credit for taking a longer term view. They are probably going to lose some short term share to AA/UA over this.
For DL it is not an issue of wanting to match, it is about needing to match.

AA is facing tough times, maybe DL feels confident right now. These promotions are to bring business. Nothing more.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
I hope DL does match the AA promo. I believe that it would increase the number of flyers for Delta. Many here would spend more money to ensure their status and feed their addiction. I know I would!
Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
I hope DL does match the AA promo. I believe that it would increase the number of flyers for Delta. Many here would spend more money to ensure their status and feed their addiction. I know I would!
I would like it just for all the bonus miles. Every 25k MQMs I fly earn me another 25k bonus, from perks thing.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:06 am

Programs: ??????????
I'm good with PLT and rolling over 40k+ plus ... please don't match DL

Next year with my rollover plus some spending on my CC I'll get PLT again with a single transcon.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 7:11 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by hdawg
I'm good with PLT and rolling over 40k+ plus ... please don't match DL

Next year with my rollover plus some spending on my CC I'll get PLT again with a single transcon.
How exactly would another DMQM promo impact you rolling over MQMs? All DL promos require one to sign up.

Skip the sign up and you need not worry. You'd remain "good" at PM and still roll over 40k plus MQMs.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:45 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Does anyone recall if the spring D/TMQM promo had a 'must buy your ticket between' term? Or were tickets bought anytime good as long as flown during the promo? I have some travel that I'd really like to book today, but would hold off, I guess. Seems like a match is rather unlikely at this point, though.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by jbatl
Does anyone recall if the spring D/TMQM promo had a 'must buy your ticket between' term? Or were tickets bought anytime good as long as flown during the promo? I have some travel that I'd really like to book today, but would hold off, I guess. Seems like a match is rather unlikely at this point, though.
The tickets were good no matter when you bought them but they had to be the original ticketing. Merely taking a LUT fare and upgrading it to a K would not have gotten you the extra MQMs.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by jbatl
IIRC, prior registration was required at least on the NW end. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. Having said that, we're pretty deep into this now. I thought for sure that DL-NW would fire back, but I just don't think so now. YMMV

Safe Travels!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:53 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by GTITAN
IIRC, prior registration was required at least on the NW end. Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
Right. We had to register, too. But I can't recall if we had to buy our tickets after the promotion began in order to be eligible. I'll dig around and see if I can find the old terms.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: ??????????
Originally Posted by troyintn
I would like it just for all the bonus miles. Every 25k MQMs I fly earn me another 25k bonus, from perks thing.
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

How exactly would another DMQM promo impact you rolling over MQMs? All DL promos require one to sign up.

Skip the sign up and you need not worry. You'd remain "good" at PM and still roll over 40k plus MQMs.
... I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself from clicking "Register Me". Then I'd just end up spending more next year on DL to requalify. Vicious cycle.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
United is apparently doing this now too... only a matter of time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.