Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club Promotion Codes and Discounts

Delta Sky Club Promotion Codes and Discounts

Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Probably however note this is a better deal - well the $50 if you are a PM signing up by yourself for a single year. 15% is a better deal if you are a GM or less or a PM signing w/ a spouse and/or multiple years.

As a PM with the 2 free months you are getting 14 months for the price of 12 so about $21.50/month. With the $50 off as a PM you pay $21 a month. With the 15% off you pay $21.25/month. So any way you look at it these deals are better than the 2 free months.

The $50 off is only a better deal at any point as a PM signing up by yourself for a single year. Anyone else should use 15% off. At no point is 2 free months better than 15% off. So if you plan on renewing for next year it might be better to renew now.

then try to use either code to buy 3 years' membership.... it keeps telling me the code is invalid... good luck!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 12:23 pm

There's nothing excluding existing members, right? I read the rules and didn't see anything. My membership is actually due this month. I got one of those cards last week and I'll have to pass the code along to my TA
Old Sep 25, 2009, 1:16 pm

Programs: Red Sox Nation
My card says it expires 10/09. So is that 10/1/09 or 10/31/09? I've been waiting because I'm close to PM for the first time, and I was hoping to make it before my SC expires.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, *wood-Plat, Hyatt-Plat, HH-Silver, Frontier-Ascent, Hertz-Prez0
bumping this one up, any new codes lately? I just crossed 75k for the first time and want to join Sky Clubs to celebrate.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by politicalhack2
bumping this one up, any new codes lately? I just crossed 75k for the first time and want to join Sky Clubs to celebrate.
I saw a placecard in one of the SkyClubs recently (SLC I think) about signing up and receiving two extra months of membership for free. I don't remember the details but maybe someone else does.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by politicalhack2
Maybe here: SkyClub - renew now and get an additional 2 months free
Old Jan 3, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: DL SM, 9W Silver, UA, HHonors
Sky Club discount codes/pass codes?

I am a Priority Pass/DL Silver member that has a 3 hour layover in Minneapolis tomorrow, and am flying a redeemed first upgrade from full-fare ticket, but due to the merger and DL dropping out of PP, I no longer get Sky Club access without paying either $50 for a day pass or $90 for a 30 day pass.

I don't want to buy two club memberships every year ($700?), since most of my DL time is limited in Minneapolis, and now MSP has ZERO PriorityPass clubs. Someone must have figured out a way to circumnavigate this whole charge thing, but the last month has been rough in the Midwest! I sucked it up on one connection as it was an hour, and bit the bullet on my previous trip and paid the $50, but I don't want to do it again. I can't believe domestic First... Rev or Non-Rev doesn't even get access anymore! Any 'coupons' or discount codes?

Last edited by skierpony; Jan 3, 2010 at 5:17 pm Reason: clarified status
Old Jan 3, 2010, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Do you have a Delta AmEx? If so, that gets you in for half-price at $25. I'd also recommend checking out the stickied thread at the top of the forum to see if there are any FTers that might be able to guest you in.

As for domestic F not getting access, that's been the case for years (20+ or so at least). It's true on pretty much every other airline as well (save Alaska, which gives it only paid F, not upgrades; or on select routes, primarily nonstop transcons on Delta/American/United).
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:40 pm

Programs: DL SM, 9W Silver, UA, HHonors
I haven't gotten the AMEX, I decided not to get it when it was offering the MQM's at signup, figuring I'd wait until this year to get the bump, since I'd be working closer to gold and probably on the cusp. I am/have been US Bank since it was First Wisconsin, then Firstar, so I've been with them for a long time, and kept with the FlexPerks, but am going to get AMEX this year is my guess.

I'll see about getting guested in, but for some reason with NWA, last year, I was able to get in on my upgrades, whether I was supposed to or not, I'm not sure, but I have only been silver along the way. Maybe it was just dumb luck, but it happened on several occasions.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: DL FO/DSC, HH Silver, Avis First
First off, just joined Flyer Talk recently and love this website. As a frequent domestic traveler and a DL Silver Medallion I am treating myself to a Sky Club membership this year for what looks to be a very busy business travel year for me. Any promotional codes for 2010? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:11 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by andrewgldn
First off, just joined Flyer Talk recently and love this website. As a frequent domestic traveler and a DL Silver Medallion I am treating myself to a Sky Club membership this year for what looks to be a very busy business travel year for me. Any promotional codes for 2010? Thanks in advance.
You might want to consider getting the Delta Amex Reserve card. The annual fee is hefty ($450 IIRC) but you get Sky Club access as a benefit. Since you say you will be very busy traveling this year the other benefits might be of interest:

- Upgrade tie breaker with other Silver Medallions on the same fare class (see here).
- SM and MQM bonuses for spending threshold

As a Silver you can buy a Sky Club membership for $400 but they will charge you a one-time fee of $50 (here). So for the same amount of money (at least for the first year) you can get the above extra perks by getting that Amex card.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
However, be careful of the fine print. AmEx DR credit card gives you SC access, not membership. In particular, you cannot bring in guests and my understanding is that there are a few special non-DL operated lounges that require a real SC membership. Would you still get access if not flying DL that day or from that airport?

Another option is the regular AmEx Plat charge card. This gets you and two guests into SC when traveling DL/NW on the same day and similarly for CO PC and AA AC. It won't print on your boarding pass and in some airports (the NW concourse at DCA was one that had a special express policy for SC members since the NW WC was located outside of security until they changed the system to have elite security lines, but everything is changed there now) you might miss elite security relative to a real SC membership.

Have you considered Priority Pass? It won't get you access to any SCs, but does work for many other airport lounges regardless of the carrier you're flying. I think the current cheapest option is a little over $100 annual fee plus about $30 for each club visit; this is a great insurance policy. There's also a plan for ten free visits per year and one for unlimited lounge access. Some credit cards have a PP tie-in, although sometimes for as few as three free visits per year, so that it's more like the cheap option with the fixed fee included in the annual credit card fee. The disadvantage is that these other lounges cannot help you in IRROPS and won't have info on DL flights.

To further complicate your comparison, OLCI usually offers a SC day pass for $50 and IIRC DL now offers a $25 per visit (as opposed to per day, so this doesn't work well if you connect through multiple airports with SCs or want to do a quick visit upon arrival) plan if you have a DL AmEx credit card of any variety.

It's complicated. You need to think carefully about exactly where you'll be flying as well as all of the lounge options and locations at your home airport.

A final consideration is whether your employer will reimburse any of these options or whether the fees would be tax deductible as a business expense.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jan 14, 2010 at 8:49 am Reason: typos and add info
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Evan!
As a Silver you can buy a Sky Club membership for $400 but they will charge you a one-time fee of $50 (here). So for the same amount of money (at least for the first year) you can get the above extra perks by getting that Amex card.
There are significant differences between the rules governing access to a SkyClub Member vs. a Reserve AMEX cardholder...

- SkyClub members can bring guests (2) for free, I don't think Reserve AMEX can
- There are certain clubs that a SkyClub member can access that a Reserve AMEX cardholder cannot (international clubs, Alaska clubs, I believe...)
- A SkyClub member can enter a club when traveling on any airline, but the Reserve AMEX Cardholder has to be flying Delta/NW, I believe.

These are quite significant differences...
Old Jan 14, 2010, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL FO/DSC, HH Silver, Avis First
Looks like Sky Club is going to be the way to go. I occasionally travel with co-workers (non-medallion) and my GF so having guest access would be good. I also travel to a lot of smaller airports so the ability to get into clubs other than those exclusively run by Delta would be a plus. Just wish the 20% off promos were still going....Oh well.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:51 pm

I currently have the Delta Reserve card but will probably downgrade to the platinum or gold next year. I don’t spend or fly enough to justify having it. I only wanted the card so I could use the Sky Clubs. Now with access to Sky Clubs for only $25 and a Gold or Platinum SkyMiles card, this seems like the way for me to go. I was hoping AMEX and Delta would upgrade the Reserve card benefits to include a full Sky Club membership like the CO Presidential Plus card but I don’t think that’s going to happen. I just think the Delta Reserve needs a little more substance for a $450.00 annual fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.