Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Best BusinessElite seats on 764 from LHR to DTW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge

Morning All,

New to the Delta board, but find myself about to book a couple of seats to DTW from LHR in a couple of weeks time.

As with all airlines I'm sure there's a couple of premium seats (4K on the BA 763 for example!) with a bit more privacy and stretching room for those of us well over 6 feet tall.

All help warmly received!

Thanks, OT
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
See links here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html

Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:19 am

Window seats 3A 5A 7A all good
(9A typically blocked for Pilot)

2A 4A 6A not as private

Aisle seats are far worse than windows on this plane.

If you want two seats (you say a couple of seats - so two traveling) pick the aisle it doesn't matter which center pair you pick
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Originally Posted by SteveinA2
Window seats 3A 5A 7A all good
(9A typically blocked for Pilot)

2A 4A 6A not as private

Aisle seats are far worse than windows on this plane.

If you want two seats (you say a couple of seats - so two traveling) pick the aisle it doesn't matter which center pair you pick
Thank you, We'll go for the aisle on the way out I suspect for a number of reasons - it's a day flight, there are two of us and (most importantly) there's no window availability.

On the return We'll aim for windows so we can sleep and ignore each other hopefully.

Thank you for your help!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Me again!

I've now joined Sky Miles and booked my trip LHR-DTW-LHR, flying on the DL19 and DL18 in BusinessElite. I've found this page which takes me through the mileage bonuses that I'll be eligible for but, what I can't find, is the actual number of miles this trip with earn me.

How does one ascertain this?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by OrchardTravel
Me again!

I've now joined Sky Miles and booked my trip LHR-DTW-LHR, flying on the DL19 and DL18 in BusinessElite. I've found this page which takes me through the mileage bonuses that I'll be eligible for but, what I can't find, is the actual number of miles this trip with earn me.

How does one ascertain this?
You can use gcmap.com for an estimate. This info also shows up when logged in on DL.com at the end if the booking screen.

LHR-DTW is approx 3766 miles, so you'd get aporox 5649 MQM with the 150% J bonus.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Hope you signed up for this promo before booking: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/London100K/

(It was posted here on FT recently)
Old Oct 2, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Also, I use this tool to estimate DL mileage (IME, estimations have been pretty close). http://fly.qux.us/smcalc/
Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NYCflip
Hope you signed up for this promo before booking: http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/London100K/

(It was posted here on FT recently)
I did! I'm unsure if it'll work as I'm flying ex-LHR rather than ex-USA, but it can't hurt to try.

FT is brilliant for these tips and tricks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.