Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

China Eastern and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 3:43 pm

Thanks. Will give it a try.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: CO Platinum
You can try to call DL China, agents there usually have a better idea how to request MU seats.
Originally Posted by abagga
Thanks. Will give it a try.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by qq511
You can try to call DL China, agents there usually have a better idea how to request MU seats.
but only Mandarin and Cantonese line because those are from former NWA, the English speaker line is as bad as US delta call center because most of them are newly hired
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:33 pm

you can try the mandarin/cantonese line and speak english, those agents speak good english
Originally Posted by yyliu88
but only Mandarin and Cantonese line because those are from former NWA, the English speaker line is as bad as US delta call center because most of them are newly hired
Old Sep 23, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by yyliu88
I think so, indeed, based on my experience.

Originally Posted by qq511
you can try the mandarin/cantonese line and speak english, those agents speak good english
The agent I had on the line from DL Beijing call centre last month had really, really (really...extremely) limited english. Took me some 15 minutes just to describe the simple thing I wanted to do: just to re-ticket the reservation, where the added AZ flight had taken some two weeks to confirm but finally was so set. She didn't know how to do it, but said would...and an hour after the call, it was indeed re-ticketed properly by BJSRES.

I would suggest to call the DL HKG reservations. HKGRES have, from my experience, far better control of English, though they are really strictly-by-the-book and less-than-accommodating (again, based on my experiences). But, it was DL HKGRES that got MU flights set for me right, after DL SLC managed to mess it up and put it in wrong fare class, earlier this year.

So, I would recommend calling DL HKGRES here (and not DL BJSRES). Or DL SINRES. Either of those two should have good english and know what they are doing.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:00 pm

I agree, Singaporean agents were good
Originally Posted by RealHJ
I think so, indeed, based on my experience.

The agent I had on the line from DL Beijing call centre last month had really, really (really...extremely) limited english. Took me some 15 minutes just to describe the simple thing I wanted to do: just to re-ticket the reservation, where the added AZ flight had taken some two weeks to confirm but finally was so set. She didn't know how to do it, but said would...and an hour after the call, it was indeed re-ticketed properly by BJSRES.

I would suggest to call the DL HKG reservations. HKGRES have, from my experience, far better control of English, though they are really strictly-by-the-book and less-than-accommodating (again, based on my experiences). But, it was DL HKGRES that got MU flights set for me right, after DL SLC managed to mess it up and put it in wrong fare class, earlier this year.

So, I would recommend calling DL HKGRES here (and not DL BJSRES). Or DL SINRES. Either of those two should have good english and know what they are doing.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: NWA - PE
MQM on China Eastern

Hello.

I have a BC flight from JFK to PVG next month on China Eastern - connection to JKF from MSP on Delta. The complete reservation shows up on Delta.com. Can I expect to earn MQM miles on China Eastern? I read that they will be joining SkyTeam - but I thought it was in 2011.

Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Unfortunately not yet.

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php#CE
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: NWA - PE
Thank you for your response - I'll bookmark that page. Cheers!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: New Worldperks Diamond - IHG Plat - SPG Gold
What part of that link indicates that MU flights are not immediately qualified for Skymiles?

(Thanks in advance, I just took a bunch of these in China! And apparently MF and MU will be joining forces, so even better for miles collecting, intra-China.)

EDIT: nevermind, I realize the OP was asking about MQMs.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles
How to get SkyMiles to flight taken on China Eastern?

Just got an SkyMiles agent from Jamaica who said I couldn't attach a flight taken on China Eastern to my Delta SkyMiles after the flight has taken place. Is there a way to do this? The booking class M on MU is eligible for 70% of miles according to Delta.com.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Thumbs down China Eastern does not allow stop-over on Award Tickets

Tried to use my SkyMiles for a business class open-jaw or RT to Shanghai/Beijing from Bangkok using China Eastern, but the system would not allow a stop-over in Shanghai (BKK-PVG, PVG-PEK, PEK-PVG-BKK) without "charging" me 4 segments at 80K.
Agent says this is due to China Eastern not allowing stop-overs on award tickets!
Anyone else have this situation?
Old Dec 22, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
That's an outright lie. DL sets the award fare rules using DL SkyMiles, not other airlines like MU.

Just DeltaMatic barfed and did not price it correctly -- as it so often does (not price things correctly).

Call back and get a better (less lazy) agent who is willing to fix and re-price it properly manually.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 1:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I redeemed on MU recently and encountered the same policy; they said one stopover OR one open jaw. Since that's the way things work in a number of other programs, I didn't think anything of it.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:16 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Pretty adventurous of you to fly China Eastern. Good luck with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.