FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/977684-new-york-jfk-delta-sky-club-definitive-thread.html)

jjr121 Jul 22, 2009 9:47 am

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Hello,
I could not located the answer to this, so I thought I'd post the question.

I'm looking at using a pass for the Delta Sky Club Room at Terminal 4 in JFK. This is the oasis room. Delta's website lists that it has showers, but does not show a bar being available?

Has anyone actually been to that club room, and can confirm for me please?

Thank you!
Jim

mersk862 Jul 22, 2009 9:52 am

Welcome to FT, jjr121. Oasis does have a couple of showers, and does have a self-serve bar available. Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon. Much better than any Delta SkyClub at JFK - they don't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence.

jjr121 Jul 22, 2009 10:00 am

Thank you mersk862, I appreciate the quick response and appreciate the help.

Burj Jul 22, 2009 11:14 am

Originally Posted by jjr121 (Post 12105924)
I'm looking at using a pass for the Delta Sky Club Room at Terminal 4 in JFK. This is the oasis room.

Wait...does a Delta SkyClub pass (like those gotten from Amex or through threshold rewards) get you into the Oasis Lounge?

rolov Jul 22, 2009 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 12106412)
Wait...does a Delta SkyClub pass (like those gotten from Amex or through threshold rewards) get you into the Oasis Lounge?

Not according to DL.com
When you select 1 Day Pass the Oasis Lounge does not show up on the list.

clintonuws Jul 22, 2009 6:14 pm

Hum... International BE does though, right?

mersk862 Jul 22, 2009 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by clintonuws (Post 12108504)
Hum... International BE does though, right?

Yes, as does Elite Plus on an international itinerary.

Only non-branded SkyClub that a one-day pass gets access to is the Air France/KLM lounge in Terminal 2 at LAX (which I believe is the former WorldClub).

yev11223 Jul 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Does the 30 day pass get you into the Oasis lounge?

Also does the 30 day pass get you into any of the lounges at Narita (I mention that because they all say "business").

mersk862 Jul 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by yev11223 (Post 12108889)
Does the 30 day pass get you into the Oasis lounge?

Also does the 30 day pass get you into any of the lounges at Narita (I mention that because they all say "business").

Pretty sure the pass is only good at DL-branded lounges, plus the KLM lounges at AMS and Air France lounges at CDG.

So yes, it would be good at NRT, as there are two SkyClubs there. No idea on Oasis though - my gut would be no, since it's not a SkyClub, but it might work.

HWGeeks Jul 23, 2009 6:29 am

30 day pass gets you into Oasis, I had one and got in, but then again I was upgraded to first that day so not sure if I got in because of the pass or the upgrade. Hence why I don't buy passes or the membership since I'm always getting upgrdaed and heading to the west coast.

trek87 Jul 23, 2009 8:43 am

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 12108953)
Pretty sure the pass is only good at DL-branded lounges, plus the KLM lounges at AMS and Air France lounges at CDG.

So yes, it would be good at NRT, as there are two SkyClubs there. No idea on Oasis though - my gut would be no, since it's not a SkyClub, but it might work.

Will a DL reserve AMEX work for the Oasis lounge? I didn't realize that it wasn't a DL-branded lounge, as I've never been to any of the lounges in JFK, but I will be passing through on a connection to BCN in September.

SkyTeam777 Jul 29, 2009 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 12110504)
30 day pass gets you into Oasis, I had one and got in, but then again I was upgraded to first that day so not sure if I got in because of the pass or the upgrade. Hence why I don't buy passes or the membership since I'm always getting upgrdaed and heading to the west coast.

I wonder if this was because DL offers upgades to First Class customers on these transcons out of JFK and some of those have been moved to T4. I will be flying another airline out of T4 in two weeks, but want to access the Oasis Lounge while I await my replacement Priority Pass card (I renewed despite the DM free SC membership because I still need to access to other clubs).

Since this is DL's only SC option in T4, I wonder if Ill be able to get in with the 30-day pass without flying DL...can anyone confirm?

If no one has actual experience, I may just call them, but Im not sure I can trust a random person answering the phone who may have never seen one or know about the 30-day pass.

ameryki Aug 8, 2009 12:44 pm

lounge good for wife and 14 month?

Hello,
My wife is flying in to JFK from intl flight and her connecting flight to her final destination is 10 hours after her arrival. Considering immigration/ customs etc she will need some place comfortable for about 7 to 8 hours. I was thinking of a hotel close to JFK but they are all over $200. This lounge in term4 (her outgoing flight and incoming are in this terminal as well) sounds promising. I am basically looking for a place where she could be comfortable with the baby and have some wiggle room. For those that have experienced this lounge your opinion is welcome.

Carl10022 Aug 8, 2009 3:56 pm

I really like the Oasis lounge^^. Good food (menu service), semi-decent wines, usually not too crowded. I will eat there before a flight rather than eat on board if I have a chance.

It is not huge - basically one room - so if you are looking for something more like (say) the big Skyclubs in DTW then you will not be happy. (And if the baby was more like a noisy toddler then the other lounge inhabitants would probably not be too happy either.)

uavking Aug 8, 2009 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Carl10022 (Post 12195427)
It is not huge - basically one room - so if you are looking for something more like (say) the big Skyclubs in DTW then you will not be happy. (And if the baby was more like a noisy toddler then the other lounge inhabitants would probably not be too happy either.)

There is a sort of library area off to the right of the check-in desk that might suffice as a separate room.