Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2019, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
you and I may have been there at the same time. I like the new food seating area and layout. Also like the shades over the skydeck, but it was quite windy yesterday and I found the wifi to be pretty useless at the far end of the patio where the computer table/bar is.
I liked your post because I misread it at first. Thought you were saying wifi was bad because of the wind. I need to put in a mental comma or period. LOL
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:48 am

Are there any restaurants in T4 that are "must try"? I will have access to the Sky Club. But I wonder if it's better to eat outside before I get there?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
The food is pretty good at the DL JFK sky club. Not many people know this, but it is currently under renovations. Hope they will be completed soon! To avoid the renovation you might want to stop by a number of restaurants nearby to the sky club. Some have received rave reviews from airport restaurant guides!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:17 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by zitsky
Are there any restaurants in T4 that are "must try"? I will have access to the Sky Club. But I wonder if it's better to eat outside before I get there?
The dining options in T4 are decent but not great. Blue Smoke, a well-liked NYC barbecue restaurant, is nearby and is pretty good, though its airport rendition will not make you forget about any of the top barbecue places elsewhere in the US (or even elsewhere in NYC). There's also a Palm steakhouse back in the main concourse near gates B20/B18, I'm not sure how it compares to non-airport Palm locations, which are pretty good. And there are several Shake Shack locations, which make a solid burger if you haven't had it elsewhere.

I would avoid Uptown Brasserie right below the club, which I've found has terribly slow service and underwhelming food.

If you're very hungry and want a full meal, personally I would go to Blue Smoke over the club as I find the club's food offerings too often underwhelming, but if you just want a snack or light meal, the club will probably be good enough. Or of course you could always go into the club and see how the food strikes you, and leave for a meal if the offerings aren't to your liking.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I was just at the T4 club on Wednesday and it looks like the dining area renovations are complete. Brand new buffet and open kitchen right behind it. It actually looks pretty nice. Big fan of the Aperol spritz they have on special this month too.

What is truly repulsive is T2. What a dump. In many ways I would have rather DL left T3 open for a while and demolished T2 to begin with. Extremely crowded, gate lice block the only areas to walk though the terminal, the SkyClub showers are absolutely disgusting and falling apart. Really hate that terminal.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:27 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by cmd320
I was just at the T4 club on Wednesday and it looks like the dining area renovations are complete. Brand new buffet and open kitchen right behind it. It actually looks pretty nice. Big fan of the Aperol spritz they have on special this month too.

What is truly repulsive is T2. What a dump. In many ways I would have rather DL left T3 open for a while and demolished T2 to begin with. Extremely crowded, gate lice block the only areas to walk though the terminal, the SkyClub showers are absolutely disgusting and falling apart. Really hate that terminal.
I think you may be forgetting how bad T3 was. As bad as T2 is, T3 was worse, particularly in terms of the landside areas (both departure and arrival). I guess the T3 clubs were okay, although I don't mind the T2 club since it's been expanded. It's far from a highlight of the Sky Club network, but at least it's not usually packed to capacity as many of the clubs are. And any time I've recently had to trek to or from the far gates in T4, the walking distances in T2 are always a pleasant change.

Agree that the gate lice situation at T2 can get bad, but that is a problem in lots of places, including often T4.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The T4 SC has a full on DJ out on the SkyDeck playing disco music......I've never seen this before. Must be for the holiday? Kinda fun!

Also this place is so busy RN.....line out of the door for the women's bathroom.......lines going back to the skydeck for the food buffet. WOW.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jul 4, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
The T4 SC has a full on DJ out on the SkyDeck playing disco music......I've never seen this before. Must be for the holiday? Kinda fun!

Also this place is so busy RN.....line out of the door for the women's bathroom.......lines going back to the skydeck for the food buffet. WOW.
Maybe they could sell us a pass to get to the front of the buffet line?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981

I saw this as well last month. It wasn't a holiday, just a random Friday evening. Also super packed.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I saw this as well last month. It wasn't a holiday, just a random Friday evening. Also super packed.
Deleted

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jul 4, 2019 at 4:44 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM
Hey All - I'm traveling with the family from JFK to ZRH with 6 pax in total including myself. I am Delta Diamond with Amex Plat card. The quirk is that we have 4 different itineraries: one for me, one for my Mom, another for my dad and two siblings and finally one for my sister. All the reservations are linked together though. Fortunately, I and my Mom were upgraded to D1 using a GUC. Will we be able to get into the lounge? I know there might be some process issues for them to process the boarding passes. Thoughts?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:10 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by greycap7
Hey All - I'm traveling with the family from JFK to ZRH with 6 pax in total including myself. I am Delta Diamond with Amex Plat card. The quirk is that we have 4 different itineraries: one for me, one for my Mom, another for my dad and two siblings and finally one for my sister. All the reservations are linked together though. Fortunately, I and my Mom were upgraded to D1 using a GUC. Will we be able to get into the lounge? I know there might be some process issues for them to process the boarding passes. Thoughts?
Not all of you. Your mom will have access by virtue of traveling in D1, and you will have access for yourself and one other guest (not your mom) by virtue of being a Diamond (SkyTeam Elite Plus) traveling internationally. You can also pay for up to 2 guests at $29 each using your Amex Plat card, though I think officially your first guest is the SkyTeam Elite Plus one, I don't think you can "stack" your guest count. So that only gets you to 4-5 people total with access.

If you have some time before your trip and really want access, you could think about adding a few family members as authorized users on your Plat card so they would have their own access (and their own ability to pay $29 for up to 2 guests each), but that would cost $175 for up to 3 people (not per person) which is fairly steep, especially since the JFK T4 Sky Club tends to be a zoo in the afternoons before Europe departures, especially in the summer. But that fee gets you a year, so if any family members would benefit from the ongoing access (and you trust them to be authorized users on your card) it could be worth considering.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you asking if all six of you will be able to access the SkyClub or just the two of you in D1? If you're in D1 you will have access. The others who are not in D1 and do not hold an Amex Plat or status will not.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bgriff
Not all of you. Your mom will have access by virtue of traveling in D1, and you will have access for yourself and one other guest (not your mom) by virtue of being a Diamond (SkyTeam Elite Plus) traveling internationally. You can also pay for up to 2 guests at $29 each using your Amex Plat card, though I think officially your first guest is the SkyTeam Elite Plus one, I don't think you can "stack" your guest count. So that only gets you to 4-5 people total with access.

If you have some time before your trip and really want access, you could think about adding a few family members as authorized users on your Plat card so they would have their own access (and their own ability to pay $29 for up to 2 guests each), but that would cost $175 for up to 3 people (not per person) which is fairly steep, especially since the JFK T4 Sky Club tends to be a zoo in the afternoons before Europe departures, especially in the summer. But that fee gets you a year, so if any family members would benefit from the ongoing access (and you trust them to be authorized users on your card) it could be worth considering.
Are you asking if all six of you will be able to access the SkyClub or just the two of you in D1? If you're in D1 you will have access. The others who are not in D1 and do not hold an Amex Plat or status will not.
Well now that I think about it. One of my siblings also traveling with us (the itinerary with 3 pax) has a Amex Plat card although no status. Which means that him + 1 passenger would be able to get into the SkyClub. As you mentioned, my mom will be able to get in with her GUC-cleared D1 seat. With my Diamond status, I can get in with one person and a guest.

I think it'll take a bit of upfront explaining, however it's doable. However if it looks packed in there, I might just use the Wingtips lounge instead. Just need to use the restrooms and grab quick snacks.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Well now that I think about it. One of my siblings also traveling with us (the itinerary with 3 pax) has a Amex Plat card although no status. Which means that him + 1 passenger would be able to get into the SkyClub. As you mentioned, my mom will be able to get in with her GUC-cleared D1 seat. With my Diamond status, I can get in with one person and a guest.

I think it'll take a bit of upfront explaining, however it's doable. However if it looks packed in there, I might just use the Wingtips lounge instead. Just need to use the restrooms and grab quick snacks.
The "retreat" at the JFK SC is never crowded (people were stadning this day it was so crowded).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.