Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
Probably a 10 min walk.
Could be even a bit longer if you don't walk fast. I flew on AM and I gave myself 15 just in case.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
All checking in at the club will permanently be downstairs. The area immediately past the escalators will be converted to more seating.
Will make it even harder to get past the scanner-bots and walk over to the Clear fingerprint thing.

I cannot stand when I try to just check in but they want me to then fumble around for the boarding pass. It pretends to be a "service" but it's not.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
All checking in at the club will permanently be downstairs. The area immediately past the escalators will be converted to more seating.
Where will full service agent move to? Agents downstairs don't handle rebookings, etc... They just do checkin.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Where will full service agent move to? Agents downstairs don't handle rebookings, etc... They just do checkin.
Moving the check-in downstairs isn't just in keeping with the changes made at Detroit's main Sky Club, but it's also one step closer to fully automated check-in as is the case in some European airports as the labor cost in those markets is too high to pay someone to scan boarding passes.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:06 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by bennos
They've significantly increased the seating in those areas.
I hadn't noticed that, but at least explains something ... but I didn't notice any change to color scheme or carpeting, as would seem to be suggested by the renderings that have popped up a few places. And the marketing of a "new" club in Spring 2019 means things really need to start moving if they're going to deliver anything like the renderings.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I've only ever seen maybe 3 agents at the giant desk upstairs, they could probably fit that many people downstairs, especially with handheld scanners to process most check-ins.

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Moving the check-in downstairs isn't just in keeping with the changes made at Detroit's main Sky Club, but it's also one step closer to fully automated check-in as is the case in some European airports as the labor cost in those markets is too high to pay someone to scan boarding passes.
I'm not sure what the labor savings are there in Europe as IME there's always one or two agents standing behind or near the self service scanners. IME those scanners reduce the likelihood that you're stuck behind someone trying to check in but having problems. And anyway DL doesn't have self service check-in at any SC that I'm aware of (not that I'd mind it) so I fail to see how relocating the check-in desk has anything to do with that.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:10 pm

How is the food? Just snacks? Can I expect a real meal? I'd like to eat in the lounge and sleep on my JFK-VCE flight.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by bennos
I've only ever seen maybe 3 agents at the giant desk upstairs, they could probably fit that many people downstairs, especially with handheld scanners to process most check-ins.

I'm not sure what the labor savings are there in Europe as IME there's always one or two agents standing behind or near the self service scanners. IME those scanners reduce the likelihood that you're stuck behind someone trying to check in but having problems. And anyway DL doesn't have self service check-in at any SC that I'm aware of (not that I'd mind it) so I fail to see how relocating the check-in desk has anything to do with that.
They already have agents downstairs. They only handle checkin. However, just doing checkin the area is normally super crowded, due to small space. Due to this they've kept an agent or two up at desk to handle full service issues.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by zitsky
How is the food? Just snacks? Can I expect a real meal? I'd like to eat in the lounge and sleep on my JFK-VCE flight.
No, the buffet at JFK is pretty comprehensive. Soup, salad bar, a couple of hot items, generally rice -- definitely enough for a meal.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:45 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
No, the buffet at JFK is pretty comprehensive. Soup, salad bar, a couple of hot items, generally rice -- definitely enough for a meal.
The one time I used the JFK T4 lounge there were SC agents with a rolling cart serving drinks at your seat there was also an agent taking drink orders (for items not on the rolling cart, like champagne).
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
The one time I used the JFK T4 lounge there were SC agents with a rolling cart serving drinks at your seat there was also an agent taking drink orders (for items not on the rolling cart, like champagne).
They seem to be doing that with more frequency over the past few months during both peak and off-peak times.

Food is definitely enough to put a meal together -- usually some sort of chicken-based hot item and a vegetarian hot item. Plus a salad bar and often times a noodle bar that has grilled/diced chicken and tofu that you can add if you are looking for protein
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Duke787
They seem to be doing that with more frequency over the past few months during both peak and off-peak times.
I've seen this at Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Honolulu. Sometimes it's champagne and cheese or chocolate, other times it's fresh cookies and coffee -- it varies. Last week, in Minneapolis, it was smoked salmon and orange juice. Kind of cool.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I've seen this at Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Honolulu. Sometimes it's champagne and cheese or chocolate, other times it's fresh cookies and coffee -- it varies. Last week, in Minneapolis, it was smoked salmon and orange juice. Kind of cool.
Smoked salmon and orange juice is weird, man.

They also have the carts at SFO.
griffy208 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Be careful what you wish for. The moment this happens the qualify of services at the regular club goes down. And I'm not sure which AF lounges you are talking about, but many of them are seriously worse than any Sky Club and certainly a huge step down from JFK T4. The SFO AF lounge, for example, is kind of like a sort of nice bus station.
The AF lounge in IAD always had much better food and drink than a typical SkyClub, including real champagne. It also had a dedicated "La Premiere" lounge on the opposite side of the bar from Affaires and STE+ pax. This particular AF lounge is currently under reconstruction (they apparently built a staircase to the space directly below the current club and built a lounge down there, so when it reopens it will have two levels),
Old Mar 20, 2019, 6:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ND76
The AF lounge in IAD always had much better food and drink than a typical SkyClub, including real champagne. It also had a dedicated "La Premiere" lounge on the opposite side of the bar from Affaires and STE+ pax.
Indeed. Hopefully, it will still be Priority Pass accessible once it reopens. I used to get there early to drink a whole bottle of champagne before my flight. Much better than the Spanish or Italian sparkling wines that Delta serves in-flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.