Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Has anyone seen the hot dog cart that used to (?) be there earlier this year? I remember it in January during the big snow storm that basically closed JFK. Wondering how often it's been around since -- I'll be passing through JFK a few times in August.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:24 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Has anyone seen the hot dog cart that used to (?) be there earlier this year? I remember it in January during the big snow storm that basically closed JFK. Wondering how often it's been around since -- I'll be passing through JFK a few times in August.
I did not see it my last time there in April
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:39 pm

Anyone have an idea of how long the walk is from the Delta Skyclub in T4 to the A gates?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff

I think I have heard that Delta sometimes stops selling the $59 passes when the club is crowded, as the JFK club tends to get in the afternoon/evening, so there's a risk she might be turned away.
I can confirm this.

They had a sign up today that they were not selling/accepting day passes at the T4 location. Apparently the exception to this is if you have the Delta Platinum AMEX. (They asked me if I had the Platinum card, which I showed them the Delta AMEX platinum and they said they would still accept that one.)

That being said, the place is a mad house. It is crowded and loud.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Wasn't at T2 when I was there last month.

Seemed like it was a regular fixture at LGA a couple years ago, but IIRC it was only around during the summer months. Maybe they just have one cart and rotate it through all the NYC airports.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by TankerT
Anyone have an idea of how long the walk is from the Delta Skyclub in T4 to the A gates?
Probably a 10 min walk.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Does anyone know what's up with the Terminal 4 Sky Club lounge? Signs were all over the lounge saying improvements are coming. The patio is closed.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:07 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Does anyone know what's up with the Terminal 4 Sky Club lounge? Signs were all over the lounge saying improvements are coming. The patio is closed.
In recent months they've closed off a few areas briefly and then reopened each of them with no apparent changes. But on TVs at the LGA Sky Clubs, I've seen renderings suggesting major changes to something that looks more like the new ATL B club, or perhaps even nicer. But not clear when/how/if that's happening.

An expansion in size would also be nice, though I imagine the club will get somewhat less crowded once the Centurion Lounge opens in T4. But any expansion would presumably require significant construction activity on the roof of the building near the club, which I haven't noticed any signs of.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
When I was there at Christmas there were renderings of a completely remodeled and updated club - looking more like the SEA SkyClub with darker earth tones and less of the blue and bright red.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This was from late January.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:07 am

The staff keep getting sad I'm leaving the T4 Club to return to the Clubhouse. One even said "but we're better!".

In what universe?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
When I was there at Christmas there were renderings of a completely remodeled and updated club - looking more like the SEA SkyClub with darker earth tones and less of the blue and bright red.
Originally Posted by ijgordon
This was from late January.
Correct. That's what I saw. The Sky Deck was closed but with no visible signs of construction except for some sort of construction hut. I didn't see a roof under construction.

I don't know how much more expanded the food could be at JFK, unless they bring back ala carte food. I suspect we'll see some sort of self-serve wine disopenser machine, which may reduce labor costs.

It's kind of sad that instead of creating a Delta One lounge at JFK they're keeping a lounge that can't compete against the United, Air France or Virgin Atlantic lounges.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by bgriff
In recent months they've closed off a few areas briefly and then reopened each of them with no apparent changes.
They've significantly increased the seating in those areas.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
It's kind of sad that instead of creating a Delta One lounge at JFK they're keeping a lounge that can't compete against the United, Air France or Virgin Atlantic lounges.
Be careful what you wish for. The moment this happens the qualify of services at the regular club goes down. And I'm not sure which AF lounges you are talking about, but many of them are seriously worse than any Sky Club and certainly a huge step down from JFK T4. The SFO AF lounge, for example, is kind of like a sort of nice bus station.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
All checking in at the club will permanently be downstairs. The area immediately past the escalators will be converted to more seating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.