Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
I am flying Main Cabin tonight JFK-DUB and then my return ticket is Delta One. I am Silver status. My boarding pass says Sky Priority on it for the first MC leg of the flight. Does this mean I will get lounge access tonight at JFK?
As Silver don't all your main cabin boarding passes say Sky Priority? Don't think you get lounge access: https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uncleruckus
I am flying Main Cabin tonight JFK-DUB and then my return ticket is Delta One. I am Silver status. My boarding pass says Sky Priority on it for the first MC leg of the flight. Does this mean I will get lounge access tonight at JFK? Or will I only get access to the lounge at DUB on my return flight when I am traveling in One?
No. Sky Priority doesn't get you SkyClub access there is no relation between the two and FO doesn't get lounge access on international (need GM or higher).

You will have SkyClub access at JFK on the return if you are connecting onwards as a result of your D1. If no connection, you'll be dumped landside after clearing CBP so you won't be able to get back to the SkyClub without a same-day connecting boarding pass.

Are you flying in C+ for JFK - DUB (or for any XXX - JFK)? If so that would explain the Sky Priority on the boarding pass for tonight.

Originally Posted by dmbolp
As Silver don't all your main cabin boarding passes say Sky Priority? Don't think you get lounge access: https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
No FO doesn't get Sky -- it's GM or higher for Sky, Silver is MC1 unless flying in C+/F/D1. I'm flying with my wife tonight and she's FO and I'm PM and even though we are in C+ on the same ticket, her BP doesn't list Sky.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
No. Sky Priority doesn't get you SkyClub access there is no relation between the two and FO doesn't get lounge access on international (need GM or higher).

You will have SkyClub access at JFK on the return if you are connecting onwards as a result of your D1. If no connection, you'll be dumped landside after clearing CBP so you won't be able to get back to the SkyClub without a same-day connecting boarding pass.

Are you flying in C+ for JFK - DUB (or for any XXX - JFK)? If so that would explain the Sky Priority on the boarding pass for tonight.

No FO doesn't get Sky -- it's GM or higher for Sky, Silver is MC1 unless flying in C+/F/D1. I'm flying with my wife tonight and she's FO and I'm PM and even though we are in C+ on the same ticket, her BP doesn't list Sky.
Thanks. Confirmed I did not access the lounge but no I am not in C+ and was simply in MC. Not sure why I got Sky Priority then, but it did save me about 5 minutes dropping off my bag. Who knows.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
The new(ish) one in Seattle is pretty nice as well - especially if you need to chill before a redeye.

In terms of partner lounges, I'm a huge fan of the Virgin Clubhouse in Heathrow. The experience flying D1 out of there is really amazing.
Originally Posted by sethb
It blows away any I've seen in the US.
yeah very disappointing that delta can't offer delta one lounges at jfk, lax, dtw, atl and sea. the virgin atlantic clubhouse lounge at lax isn't bad, either. good runway views and decent drinks. when i fly out of LHR i actually get there earlier than i need to so i can fully experience the virgin atlantic lounge. i also like the convenience of the arrivals lounge as it allows me to kill a good 60-90 minutes since my hotel room is hardly ever ready before 12 PM. i'm always surprised at how few folks use ther arrivals lounge.
i was actually going to switch to united because i like polaris and like the polaris lounges but when united gutted its frequent flyer progrma i decided to stay with delta until i get a million miles sometime in early 2020. im expecting some work changes in 2020 so we;ll see if i even fly afrer february.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by ekozie
The bar renovations completion, on the other hand, has been pushed from the beginning of December to after the new year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see further delays.
Surprise! The bar renovations are complete! (And to be clear, it's not yet the new year.) It's substantially the same size as it was before, except the "server station" at the end is now walled off with a pass through. The former relaxation area between the bar and the SkyDeck has now been infilled with seating.

With that, I think the most intrusive renovations are finished. The former conference or VIP room to the left of the desks upstairs (at the top of the escalationrs) is now closed off with a sign indicating it will become additional seating, but that area wasn't heavily used to begin with. Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't renovate that area first...
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by bennos
Surprise! The bar renovations are complete! (And to be clear, it's not yet the new year.) It's substantially the same size as it was before, except the "server station" at the end is now walled off with a pass through. The former relaxation area between the bar and the SkyDeck has now been infilled with seating.
Sounds like the staff's pessimism was only exceeded by mine .

Glad to hear the bar's done!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
The new(ish) one in Seattle is pretty nice as well - especially if you need to chill before a redeye.

In terms of partner lounges, I'm a huge fan of the Virgin Clubhouse in Heathrow. The experience flying D1 out of there is really amazing.
Does the one in SEA offer decent food from about 6 PM to closing? I get the sense that only the best food selection is available during peak hours.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Flying DL-marketed and VS-operated to LHR. I usually get SkyClub access with the AMEX Platinum. Will I be able to access the SkyClub on this itinerary? If not, I also have AMEX Delta Platinum, would I get the $29 access?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by allseas1586
Flying DL-marketed and VS-operated to LHR. I usually get SkyClub access with the AMEX Platinum. Will I be able to access the SkyClub on this itinerary? If not, I also have AMEX Delta Platinum, would I get the $29 access?
I haven't done this personally, but the DL Sky Club access page says AMEX Plat gets SC access on DL-operated or DL-marketed do you should be good to go.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/access
Old Jan 10, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
I'm here now and the renovations look pretty nice. It's pretty crowded but still ample seating. In addition to the normal buffet area there is a station service chicken sausage paella near the bar and a station serving negronis at the top of the escalator. Had some great braised beef over rice.
AeRoSpaceman, AANYC1981 and Ezzy77 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
The renovations have since moved to the mid seating area between the bathrooms and the food area. Lunch today is the same as dinner a couple weeks ago, pasta and braised chicken. Also they had the wicked thai chicken soup that is oh so good and bad for you.

At the bar they were doing Gentleman Jack for free as a special, which I was told about when I ordered a jack and diet. SkyDeck is closed, I presume because they think their customers are not penguins and don't want to freeze. Though I have to say the deck is great when it's cold out and the lounge is at max capacity during TATL hour because nobody is out there.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta DM (3 MM) ; Sky Club (Lifetime)
Quote:
[. Also they had the wicked thai chicken soup that is oh so good and bad for you.]

I am completely convinced that the wicked Thai soup is responsible for most of my recent weight gain.
I am totally addicted to the stuff, and have consumed more than is reasonable.
It should come with an FDA black box warning.
ijgordon and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allseas1586
Your profile says you are Delta Platinum (Medallion), in which case you would get access to either the SkyClub or the Virgin Clubhouse, regardless of class of service. The latter is a far superior lounge and is likely to be much closer to the gate where the VS flight will depart (though sometimes a VS flight will depart from near the SkyClub, but I'd still rather use the Clubhouse).
Duke787 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Your profile says you are Delta Platinum (Medallion), in which case you would get access to either the SkyClub or the Virgin Clubhouse, regardless of class of service. The latter is a far superior lounge and is likely to be much closer to the gate where the VS flight will depart (though sometimes a VS flight will depart from near the SkyClub, but I'd still rather use the Clubhouse).
+1. Go to the Clubhouse assuming PM is accurate. Just make sure to budget time to get gate in the event your departure is by the DL gates and not by the VS Clubhouse (it’s a good 5-10 minute walk to the closest DL gates and more if further down and I am a very fast walker).

If you aren’t PM, you shouldget free SkyClub access with your AMEX Plat though it’s a weird use case — if you are connecting from elsewhere (aka you have some DL metal in your itinerary), it’s definitely free access off that ticket alone.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 4:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Recently was at the updated T4 club and I have to say there are good improvements....lots more places to sit....I never had to wait more than 30 secs at the bar (this was in the evening too, granted it’s the low season for Europe). This club finally has proper Alessi dishware and silverware and the food options were pretty healthy and fresh.
CMK10, JONJON451 and Ezzy77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.