Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:49 pm

Do we know when the JFK T4 skyclub renovation will be over?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by zitsky
Do we know when the JFK T4 skyclub renovation will be over?
The over/under is before/after East Side Access. PM me if you would like to place a bet.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I was in the T4 SC on Thursday morning; once again, the Skydeck was closed despite clear and sunny weather.

This is the most disappointing club in the entire SC system.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by ND76
I was in the T4 SC on Thursday morning; once again, the Skydeck was closed despite clear and sunny weather.

What's the best one?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
What's the best one?
Austin and Phoenix clubs have my money.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, Kimpton
I thought the pre-packaged options for breakfast was a disgusting option last Friday (11.23.19). Hopefully they get the kitchen reopened before all the holiday travel starts.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ND76

I saw a sign while there on Friday morning that they are building a roof over the Skydeck - it was on a tiny banner that happened to be in my line of sight.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 1:02 pm

What's the best one?
The new(ish) one in Seattle is pretty nice as well - especially if you need to chill before a redeye.

In terms of partner lounges, I'm a huge fan of the Virgin Clubhouse in Heathrow. The experience flying D1 out of there is really amazing.
MikeNYC1 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by canadiantransplant
In terms of partner lounges, I'm a huge fan of the Virgin Clubhouse in Heathrow. The experience flying D1 out of there is really amazing.
It blows away any I've seen in the US.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: DL DM
I thought the pre-packaged options for breakfast was a disgusting option last Friday (11.23.19). Hopefully they get the kitchen reopened before all the holiday travel starts.
I agree. I've seen better options at QuikTrip or RaceTrac. Earlier this year, I was at FLL when they had a water main break, so they couldn't cook anything. They had boiled hot dogs, cold cuts (with bread), and a few other shelf-stable foods. All the options were way better than what was presented at the T4 SC yesterday. Delta can easily do better, and they should. Especially considering how many "prestige" routes DL has out of T4.

The Clubhouse at JFK is also great, albeit small. I visited both recently and it took me a second to wrap my head around the "everything is complimentary" aspect of the lounges. You spend enough time at domestic lounges, and you get trained to assume all the good stuff costs extra.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Hot food and real glassware is (mostly) back at JFK T4. As of tonight, it looked like they had about 2/3 of the regular buffet options back (I imagine that they’re waiting on a delivery for the rest - rolls, etc.). They also had the leftover grab and go items on the buffet, which made it look very downmarket. I was told that the buffet reopened on Monday.

The bar renovations completion, on the other hand, has been pushed from the beginning of December to after the new year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see further delays.
AANYC1981 and GeminisTwin like this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by mridley2
Austin and Phoenix clubs have my money.
This isn't even a debate, San Diego is the best club in the system.

Besides, it means you're either arriving in San Diego, or likely to come back
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ekozie
Hot food and real glassware is (mostly) back at JFK T4. As of tonight, it looked like they had about 2/3 of the regular buffet options back (I imagine that they’re waiting on a delivery for the rest - rolls, etc.). They also had the leftover grab and go items on the buffet, which made it look very downmarket. I was told that the buffet reopened on Monday.

The bar renovations completion, on the other hand, has been pushed from the beginning of December to after the new year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see further delays.
Thanks for posting this update. I’ll be there tomorrow and was debating between T4 and T2 as I think my inbound flight will be T2 from SFO, connecting to AMS from T4.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:20 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Breakfast this morning is a hybrid of warm (scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, coconut and regular oatmeals) and pre-packaged/grab-n-go food.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:12 am

I am flying Main Cabin tonight JFK-DUB and then my return ticket is Delta One. I am Silver status. My boarding pass says Sky Priority on it for the first MC leg of the flight. Does this mean I will get lounge access tonight at JFK? Or will I only get access to the lounge at DUB on my return flight when I am traveling in One?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.