Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by bgriff
It doesn’t appear Delta really has a plan for the overcrowding though; they need more square footage and not just more seats. But maybe they’re counting on the new Centurion lounge in the terminal to draw away a significant portion of their customers, which is probably a likely outcome.
Other than the changes they recently announced about credit card access? (Delta Gold can't get in, Delta Platinum price increase from $29 to $39.)
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by sethb
Other than the changes they recently announced about credit card access? (Delta Gold can't get in, Delta Platinum price increase from $29 to $39.)
This club needs literally twice as much space or half as many people to approach comfortable (especially when you consider there are likely some people—I’m often one of them—who would like to use it but don’t bother because it’s too crowded). So those changes won’t make anything like the needed impact.

Centurion lounge will likely help more — a lot of New Yorkers have the Amex Platinum. But even then, there will be a lot of people at the Sky Club, with all the Delta One and international STE+ passengers. Plus if it stays to trend, the Centurion lounge will likely quickly become overcrowded too and may push some people back to the Sky Club.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
All (or at least the vast majority) of the Skyclubs have small bathrooms relative to the size of the club. In JFK's case, the showers at least have toilets.

Yes, very annoying. Not as true for some of the older clubs where they seem to have more stalls, but the bathrooms are not as nice.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
This club needs literally twice as much space or half as many people to approach comfortable (especially when you consider there are likely some people—I’m often one of them—who would like to use it but don’t bother because it’s too crowded). So those changes won’t make anything like the needed impact.

Centurion lounge will likely help more — a lot of New Yorkers have the Amex Platinum. But even then, there will be a lot of people at the Sky Club, with all the Delta One and international STE+ passengers. Plus if it stays to trend, the Centurion lounge will likely quickly become overcrowded too and may push some people back to the Sky Club.
At least at LGA, since it's a brand new terminal they'll have more of a clue about how large they need to build the clubs. And with the recent push to sell more Platinum cards, Amex should know how big a lounge they'll need at T4.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, BTW, I don’t think it was mentioned but next to the temporary bar is a Coca Cola (self-serve) machine. ^
Old Oct 6, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Oh, BTW, I don’t think it was mentioned but next to the temporary bar is a Coca Cola (self-serve) machine. ^
The self-serve fountain is outside the (current) construction area, across a service hallway from the location of the permanent bar.

pretty high quality mushroom ravioli dish
I am always grateful for variety and new food option at the club and definitely ate a couple, but they tasted frozen/reheated and slightly artificial when I was there.

This club gets crazy during the afternoon/evening peak, but is otherwise pretty quiet mornings and early afternoons. Unfortunately, even with the section-by-section renovation, I don't think any expansions are planned. For the incredible length of the T4B concourse, having only one club (and not especially large, at that) always seemed like an insane decision.
Old Oct 26, 2019, 11:36 pm

Has anyone been here at exactly 5AM when it opens? Is there actual breakfast available that early, other than cereal? Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Heard a report from a family member that earlier today the T4 club only had pre-packaged sandwiches and plastic cups (for wine). Could be construction-related (i.e., moving the dishwasher or something), but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:33 pm

I spent my long layover in October in T4. No complaints at all, all was well. Might be an anomaly, but seems if you arrive before 4pm midweek, you will be OK and find a place to sit? Lines were manageable. There was a line outside the club to get in. Turns out it was held up by people trying to pay to get in. If you run into an outside line, make sure to peek to see if there is another agent scanning bar codes
Old Nov 9, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by ekozie
Heard a report from a family member that earlier today the T4 club only had pre-packaged sandwiches and plastic cups (for wine). Could be construction-related (i.e., moving the dishwasher or something), but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
I wonder how long this will last. They're doing renovation on the bar. I didn't see any other construction when I was there two months ago. Sounds like they are renovating the whole club one section at a time.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM
Was just there and enjoyed the "SkyPicnic" with half sandwiches, potato chips, and Rice Krispies Treats (tm).

The bartender said it would be "a week" bit I'm not sure whether he knew for sure based on his body language and tone.

I guess the good news was that the club was a ghost town, so overcrowding was certainly not an issue; most patrons were opting to leave for restaurants in the terminal and it looked more like a Saturday morning than an evening.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bcphitau
The bartender said it would be "a week" bit I'm not sure whether he knew for sure based on his body language and tone.
One of the attendants behind the food counter told me a week as well.

The cheese cubes and barely edible snacks reminded me of a United Club

I guess the good news was that the club was a ghost town, so overcrowding was certainly not an issue
Had the usual overcrowding issue last night (afternoon/evening peak time).
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by 8mh
One of the attendants behind the food counter told me a week as well.

The cheese cubes and barely edible snacks reminded me of a United Club

Had the usual overcrowding issue last night (afternoon/evening peak time).
Renovation continues. Only prepackaged cold food, and no iced tea even.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I thought I'd never say this about T4 but I bet my food in Y will be better. Also the deck is the only not crowded part of the lounge right now
Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Renovation continues. Only prepackaged cold food, and no iced tea even.
UGH. NOV 23rd. 2:30pm. Same status. This is very disappointing for barely edible COLD sandwiches before a long TATL flight. I would rather eat here in the club and avoid the 3+ hour dinner service. Yay appetizer course. Lol.
Happy (American) Thanksgiving!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.