Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 27, 2021, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
  • T4:
    • near gate B31
    • pop-up temporary club in the former Wingtips lounge space (stay on same level after clearing TSA and turn right)
  • T2: mezzanine level T2 is closed
JFK Delta Sky Club vs Centurion thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...on-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

New York JFK Delta Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NHFL9
Not possible. AA and DL use different terminals at JFK. TSA will not let you through to the DL concourse without boarding passes. (Might be possible to use the T4 club which is outside of TSA secure zone, but not positive.) Even if it is possible to access a SkyClub, it would not be advisable given how much time would be lost going from the DL concourses to the AA concourses. The transfer from the DL concourses (2/3) to AA (8/9) by AirTrain can easily take 15-30 minutes and you need to clear TSA.
Hi NHFL9

Are you about your statement "TSA will not let you through to the DL concourse without boarding passes" ?

I called two different skymiles reps and got an OK (after they checked both with their supervisors...). I did also left a message on a JFK forum and it seems OK too. But I understand your point and would like to make sure it is OK to go post security at T3 with a T8 boarding passes, having 2 small kids

Thank you NHFL9 and/or anyone with experiences/take on the question
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diam., Fairmont's PC, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Hi

Just read a review on the T3 lounge at JFK, wow pretty bad... really no nice complementary food? Open bar only? Any sky club at JFK that has a decent complementary food selection or it is just normal sky club style? (something in between pretzel and gourmet meal)

Thank you

Source of the review:
http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/11...JFK+Terminal+3
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
for food, you need the T4 Oasis - provided you can get in
Old Jul 24, 2011, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by goodandclassy
for food, you need the T4 Oasis - provided you can get in
Yes, I heard it is a nice one, but I can't get in, are they other nice skyclubs at JFK or just pretzels and a view?
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Hehe... pretzels and carrots and celery sticks
The dining options outside of the lounge have improved - and with the lounge crowding, it might be even moe peaceful (kind of kidding on the last part. jfk can be a zoo)

Last edited by goodandclassy; Jul 28, 2011 at 9:25 am
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:49 am

Post Delta Sky Club JFK. Any advice?

Got about 6 hours layover in JFK with a flight to SVO departing from Terminal 3.
I also have a free one day pass for Delta Sky club.
I looked on Delta.com and found that there are 4 lounges that I have access to.

Terminal 3 - 4th floor across from Gate 6
Terminal 2 (Mezzanine Level)
Terminal 3 - West adjacent
Terminal 3 - South (Duty Free Shop area)

Has anyone had experience at either of those? Which one would you recommend?
Also this being the first time I'm in the sky club - can you give me any pointers? Are drinks included? Is there an opportunity to stretch? Is wi-fi any good?
Thanks to everyone in advance!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: Starwood
Originally Posted by NickEvans
Got about 6 hours layover in JFK with a flight to SVO departing from Terminal 3.

Also this being the first time I'm in the sky club - can you give me any pointers? Are drinks included? Is there an opportunity to stretch? Is wi-fi any good?

I will recommend Terminal 3 - 4th floor across from Gate 6, as your departure gate will probably be in T3. The lounge in T2 is nice but its a good walk.

Drinks are free, so come with an empty stomach (tip your bartender)

WI-FI - good, never had a problem.

Stretch - about this one, uhhhmmm.......i shall let someone else answer
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:11 am

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot naijaman!
Terminal 3 that is. I was leaning towards that one myself (leaving from gate 4 I believe, which sure would make it for a short walk).
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:14 am
VBF

Programs: MVPG 75K, National Exec

Search is your friend:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ve-thread.html
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:55 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Thanks a lot naijaman!
Terminal 3 that is. I was leaning towards that one myself (leaving from gate 4 I believe, which sure would make it for a short walk).
The one near duty free is a bit larger and seems to have less traffic. The one near gate 12 has, I think, the best views. I always found the one near gate 6 to be crowded so now I avoid it. None of them are a long walk from any of the gates in T3.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 7:58 am

Thanks for the link.
I found the thread that you linked to before I posted. I've read through most of the posts and only gathered that T2/3 lounges are not the best and one should try Oasis instead. Since I don't have access to oasis and I had other questions - I decided to post them my own thread.

Now I have one more question, to whoever is reading. Are you able to re-enter the lounge? Or will I get asked to provide a pass again?
Just trying to figure out if I should do my duty free shopping before hand? Or will I be able to step away for 30 minutes and come back?
Thanks a lot!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, Natl Exec Elite, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diam
Thanks for the link.
I found the thread that you linked to before I posted. I've read through most of the posts and only gathered that T2/3 lounges are not the best and one should try Oasis instead. Since I don't have access to oasis and I had other questions - I decided to post them my own thread.

Now I have one more question, to whoever is reading. Are you able to re-enter the lounge? Or will I get asked to provide a pass again?
Just trying to figure out if I should do my duty free shopping before hand? Or will I be able to step away for 30 minutes and come back?
Thanks a lot!
You'll be able to hang on to your one day pass, the date will be filled in and they may stamp it, but you should be able to enter any Delta SC on that calendar day. If they keep it for some reason, just let them know you will be/in out and I'm sure they'll offer up an option or remember you on your way back in.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Does anyone have an opinion on which JFK club has the best airconditioning (ie. which is kept the coolest) ? Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
Originally Posted by doubleA
You'll be able to hang on to your one day pass, the date will be filled in and they may stamp it, but you should be able to enter any Delta SC on that calendar day. If they keep it for some reason, just let them know you will be/in out and I'm sure they'll offer up an option or remember you on your way back in.
If they want to keep the pass, politely ask for it back. Sometimes they confuse a one day pass with a single entry pass. I'll done that several times and there never was an issue. With 6 hours you can visit all the clubs. You are not walking miles!
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Denied...

Tried to bring family into oasis / JFk using SkyClub and/or ST+ on intl intin. Denied. I could only bring in 2 guests, not spouse + children. Called DM line and had rep confirm that according to DL, i should get in, but even she couldnt convince the lady at the front desk. Policies are not very clear here. I am in JFK fro next few hours, so at FTers here, help guest in the rest of my fam so they dont have to wait in hallway (j/k)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.