FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/964322-tokyo-narita-nrt-sky-club-definitive-thread.html)

Sez_Who Dec 6, 2010 12:25 am

I was in both lounges last week and that pretty well sums it up. Nice inventory review.

DaddyRabbit Dec 6, 2010 6:20 am

South Satellite

Originally Posted by Sez_Who (Post 15389365)
I was in both lounges last week and that pretty well sums it up. Nice inventory review.

Also, the South Satellite SkyClub has great showers and WiFi. D

slipbeer Dec 6, 2010 7:18 am

I haven't been through Narita in over a year.

I really miss those beer machines.

PaulMSN Dec 6, 2010 11:28 am

Originally Posted by slipbeer (Post 15390652)

Maybe you could buy one for your home. Then all the FT Asia fliers will come visit. Frequently.

trek87 Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by slipbeer (Post 15390652)

You mean this one?

http://i55.tinypic.com/2h3n6dc.jpg

;)

thesaints Jan 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by trek87 (Post 15645570)

I wish they gave two different beers, like Asahi Black for instance.
Guess still better than the absolutely identical choices onboard (corona, heineken, miller lite)

patriots68 Jan 15, 2011 3:50 am

Originally Posted by ND76 (Post 15388916)
Food: Sushi with avocado;

is this a different sushi than they used to have? They didn't have sushi, and told me they are no longer carrying it the last few times through NRT, last time was in august

xliioper Jan 15, 2011 8:51 am

Originally Posted by patriots68 (Post 15662727)
is this a different sushi than they used to have? They didn't have sushi, and told me they are no longer carrying it the last few times through NRT, last time was in august

There was sushi when I went through in November. Don't recall what kind.

stencil Jan 15, 2011 9:05 am

Originally Posted by LBJ (Post 15663617)
There was sushi when I went through in November. Don't recall what kind.

Same. Basic maki rolls.

tentseller Jan 15, 2011 3:57 pm

There were basic sushi roll of one variation or another at both NRT SC. One is in the land of the rising sun.

hockeystl Feb 16, 2011 10:15 am

Update on the upcoming HND station.....

Straight from an email I received from Delta's Product Manager for Customer Lounges:

"We are partnering with the Tiat Lounge in Haneda to provide Lounge access for our BusinessElite customers, as well as our SkyTeam Elite Plus customers, when traveling on a same-day international flight operated by a SkyTeam partner."

I'll be in HND in a couple weeks and will be sure to update the thread on my experience in this new partner lounge.

BigFlyer Feb 16, 2011 10:42 am

Is Inbound Access Possible/Allowed?

I was wondering if it is possible to utilize the lounge on an inbound flight when the final destination is Tokyo.

I suppose this is two questions -

First, is the layout of the airport such that one can get to the lounge when one's final destination is Tokyo without being (i.e., are incoming and outbound passengers segregated); and

Second, assuming one is eligible to use the lounge, will they admit someone when the final destination is NRT (e.g., KLM does not allow lounge access if the final destination is AMS, "sir, this is not an arrivals lounge.")

opushomes Feb 16, 2011 10:55 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 15875886)
I was wondering if it is possible to utilize the lounge on an inbound flight when the final destination is Tokyo.

I suppose this is two questions -

First, is the layout of the airport such that one can get to the lounge when one's final destination is Tokyo without being (i.e., are incoming and outbound passengers segregated); and

One must clear security before being allowed into the area where the lounges are. Yes, passengers are totally segregated

Second, assuming one is eligible to use the lounge, will they admit someone when the final destination is NRT (e.g., KLM does not allow lounge access if the final destination is AMS, "sir, this is not an arrivals lounge.")

The probability is extremely high that even if you manage to get to the club, you will be turned away. Of course, photoshop, might be your friend, but this is an extremely risky strategy. Why not just rent a day room at one of the airport hotels?

BigFlyer Feb 16, 2011 11:01 am

Not worth it if we have to re-clear security. I thought a 10 minute refreshment break before hitting the express train into town would have been nice.

Originally Posted by opushomes (Post 15875973)
The probability is extremely high that even if you manage to get to the club, you will be turned away. Of course, photoshop, might be your friend, but this is an extremely risky strategy. Why not just rent a day room at one of the airport hotels?

GBadger Feb 16, 2011 11:06 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer (Post 15875886)
e.g., KLM does not allow lounge access if the final destination is AMS, "sir, this is not an arrivals lounge."

Off-topic, but I've never had trouble accessing KL lounges when arriving at AMS as a final destination. Maybe I've been lucky.