Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Every Japanese airline lounge has one. In bars around town they have coin operated version of these.

JAL lounge has Kirin Dark which is quite a dark brew.

tkey75 same food and beverage offerings for the last 7 years even with the DL takeover. I have never left NRT hungry (or not happy). Kanpei
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by thesaints

By the way, how did you take the de-icing picture ? Doors where no doubt shut and all electronic equipment should have been off
You're not serious, are you?

1 - Cameras do not transmit or receive signals.

2 - Phones in airplane mode do not transmit or receive signals

3 - If you really, really believe these things can crash a plane, you probably should not fly, since there are always people that forget to turn theirs off.

4 - Not to mention, the plane was on the ground anyways.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:04 pm

There was a smiley face.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
In my opinion, these are the best NW WorldClubs that Delta "inherited". Those beer machines have been around as long as I can remember. Just too bad they don't have Suntory or Asahi on tap instead. Let's all hope the generous food offerings remain intact and don't follow the way of so many other SkyClub lounges.
Yep. Rumours are that DL wanted NW just for these beer machines.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: NW, UA
NW. Not DL.

may be the OP title should be "Thank You DL for not taking the beer machines away."

lets give credit to where credit is due. They were WC machines and were there long before DL and were subject of many discussions in the forum.

quick related anecdote: the first time i ever used one, i used a smaller water glass, only wanting a sip or two and thinking there's gotta be an intuitive stop mechanism. boy, was i wrong. one of the worker ladies rushed in to clean up after me, seeming to profusely apologizing as if it was her fault.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: NW, UA
Originally Posted by NoStressHere

2 - Phones in airplane mode do not transmit or receive signals

3 - If you really, really believe these things can crash a plane, you probably should not fly, since there are always people that forget to turn theirs off.

4 - Not to mention, the plane was on the ground anyways.
haha. no stress, eh?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM & CRC, Continental PM
I'm also a big fan of that club. I much prefer the self-service bars, and I hope Delta will expand that to other clubs. I've got to think it saves cost. The automatic taps are a nice way to dispense beer without waste. And I like the cold glasses; I even use them for Coke.

Did you realize there are two Sky Clubs at NRT? There's one in Satellite #1 and another ins Satellite #2. I think both are equally nice, but the one in S2 seemed larger and quieter to me. It has two food/drink service areas.

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

Not to get off topic, but I have to disagree with you. Cameras receive optical signals, which are simply electromagnetic waves...just like a cell phone signal, at a much higher frequency. You're right, though....they're no danger to the aircraft.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Live from the NRT Sky Club near Gate 21

The current food selection includes:
Salad with mixed greens and italian dressing
Tuna roll
Italian veggie sandwich (hot)
Asian noodle soup
Tofu sandwich (hot)
Mixed fruit cup
Korean beef soup
pretzels and mixed snacks
some sort of dessert

Numerous varieties of alcohol plus an espresso machine.

Overall, by far the most impressive food spread I've ever witnessed in a SkyClub. Really makes a NRT layover (or preflight) time killing fly by.

Also numerous high end Mac computers for use as well as a significant seating area that's most comfortable.

If there's been cutbacks here, then it must really have been awesome before because I'm impressed by what they're offering today!
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, DL 0.8MM
hockeystl -

Thanks for the update!

Is Sapporo still served from an automated pouring machine?
By Asian Noodles do you mean Udon Noodles?
Is there still a Sake selection of at least two varieties with chilled glasses?

Thanks much for the update..
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by td_in_training
Is Sapporo still served from an automated pouring machine?
By Asian Noodles do you mean Udon Noodles?
Is there still a Sake selection of at least two varieties with chilled glasses?
*Sapporo: Uncertain. They had a few varieties avaialble in bottles and, I think, a couple taps. I dont drink on these long Intl flights so I stayed away from this area. ;-)
*Noodles: Again, uncertain. They had the directions on 'how to make' by adding a few ingredients.
*Sake: I have no clue.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by hockeystl
*Sapporo: Uncertain. They had a few varieties avaialble in bottles and, I think, a couple taps. I dont drink on these long Intl flights so I stayed away from this area. ;-)
*Noodles: Again, uncertain. They had the directions on 'how to make' by adding a few ingredients.
*Sake: I have no clue.
Yes Udon. Cold or add hot broth. Very good.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: SkyMiles
NRT Lounge

Originally Posted by rylan
The NWA business lounge is one of the best in the system in my opinion, even though it cna get busy. Enjoy the sushi, miso soup and sake. Since you're on NW flights you'll most likely be going out of T1 near the lounge.
Indeed, I think the NRT club with showers where most DL flights depart is the best in the system. The problem is getting there in time to use it. In January coming from SIN I had a two-hour layover until my flight to ATL and it took me 1 hour to clear security because NRT had only two security lines and I was in the front of the plane and among the first off. Texas Duck
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:51 am

I was in the NRT club above gate 26 area last Thursday. Still have Sapporo and Asahi in the pouring machines, still have sake, still have sushi. It didn't look like Delta had reduced the service in any way.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Boilertube
I was in the NRT club above gate 26 area last Thursday. Still have Sapporo and Asahi in the pouring machines, still have sake, still have sushi. It didn't look like Delta had reduced the service in any way.
Yet...and I hope they don't because NRT is indeed the jewel of the system. Anyone who has not been there has no idea....
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah I agree... I seriously hope DL doesn't take anything away from the NRT location. This is one of the few spots that actually lives up to the classification as an international BE quality lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.