Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Washington, D.C. DCA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington, D.C. DCA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
Thanks for the pics. That use of the space should slightly alleviate the overcrowding at the DCA SkyClub. Is it just me, or does it seem like those tables and chairs were just thrown in there without any planning? Not very aesthetically pleasing.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:42 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I think it looks better in person, and would definitely look better in the daylight. I like that light will reach all the way from the airside windows to the terminal windows. Seemed kind of dark, moody, broody at 5:30 before sunrise.

While it would cost $$, and who knows if VA law allows it, it would be great if they could convert the bar to self service. That would save some space and alleviate stress (a little) on the staff. My gal is there on her own almost every morning I'm there...she has to cover the desk/entrance, put everything out, replenish, clean up. And she's pleasant the whole time...
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by iamhereandthere
While it would cost $$, and who knows if VA law allows it, it would be great if they could convert the bar to self service.
DL used to have a self-service hospitality room in the old North Terminal at DCA that one accessed by knocking on the door (I think they had a punch-in code system installed shortly before the old North Terminal was razed about 20 years ago). NW had a self-serve system at their World Club in IAD.

I think about three years ago the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Commission either passed a new regulation or decided to enforce something on their books, because the self-service ceased at the NW club in IAD, and also in the AF Affaires lounge down concourse B in IAD. At that point, you couldn't even pour yourself a beer out of the tap; NW and AF staff had to open a bottle of beer or pour you a wine or hard liquor and hand it to you.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
Great news (at least IMHO) for DCA Sky Club visitors...

Lounge is now open 445a-935p daily, I'm sure thanks to the increased flight schedule. Glad they expanded the seating area prior to those flights starting and then opened the club earlier (which they needed to do a while ago).

Kudos! I'm in the club right now and it's quite UNbusy. (cross-posting in the DCA checkin time change thread)
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:23 pm

Hey TJ, there is indeed a LARGE flat screen TV in the CO PC, you have to look for it
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:44 am

Is DCA Skyclub accessible from a United ticket? Or in seperate terminals?

Is it possible to get to the skyclub in DCA (Washington-Reagon) while ticketed in a United flight?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
No. The DL SkyClub is in an area behind security that is only for DL flights at this time. AFAIK there is no intra-terminal connector at DCA.

You could always buy a refundable ticket, go through security and then get it refunded in the SkyClub. But you will need to leave security, walk over to the United gates and clear security again if you do this.

-RM
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
No. The DL SkyClub is in an area behind security that is only for DL flights at this time. AFAIK there is no intra-terminal connector at DCA.

You could always buy a refundable ticket, go through security and then get it refunded in the SkyClub. But you will need to leave security, walk over to the United gates and clear security again if you do this.

-RM
That sounds like a lot of work...plus the risk of double molestation!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Double Molestation

Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1
That sounds like a lot of work...plus the risk of double molestation!
Well, yes. Reportedly some actually like the pat downs.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

-RM
Actually, DL is on the pier, along with CO and AS, but that doesn't help the OP.
And there was a bus between the center (UA) and northernmost pier -- US uses gates on both of them. I've not flown out of either of those piers for about 10 months, so it may not still be operating.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
You do not need a second ticket to get to the club. The UA BP should work as long as it is same day. You do have to reclear TSA and explain where you are going. I have done this before with a US ticket.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, SC, AA Plat, AC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johndoe123
Is it possible to get to the skyclub in DCA (Washington-Reagon) while ticketed in a United flight?
You bet--I have done it often because of my SC membership but being stuck on US Air as the contract airline. I don't recall which terminal United is out of, but US Air goes out of the C gates. DL has the SC right past security in A. Part of the time the TSA screener will alert you that you are entering the wrong terminal. Just advise them you are going to the Sky Club because you have some time before your United flight. Yes, it will take extra time since you will have to go through another security screen at your departure terminal.

Incorrect. See discussion above. Give it a try sometime.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Any recent experience of getting through security with a non-Delta ticket to use to the Sky Club? My sister was supposed to fly United out of Dulles tonight, but her flight was canceled and rebooked to US Air out of Reagan tomorrow. I'm flying out Delta at the same time and would like to bring her in. Should I expect any issues from TSA?
Old May 28, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by kahuna613
Any recent experience of getting through security with a non-Delta ticket to use to the Sky Club? My sister was supposed to fly United out of Dulles tonight, but her flight was canceled and rebooked to US Air out of Reagan tomorrow. I'm flying out Delta at the same time and would like to bring her in. Should I expect any issues from TSA?
Ihave done it with a US ticket, but its been a while. I would certainly try.
Old May 28, 2011, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Ihave done it with a US ticket, but its been a while. I would certainly try.
TSA has corrected its policy. With a proper travel document, such as a BP, you can enter any sterile area at the departure airport (with the very limited exception of some intl areas at some airports having nothing to do with DCA). The TSO may alert you to the fact that you are at the "wrong" terminal, but won't deny you entry. There is no sterile connector between A (DL) and B-C (UA-US) so this means double-screening. Allow yourself plenty of time for B because it handles UA, AA and part of US. All are elite-heaving xDCA meaning that premium line may mean very little.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.