Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Washington, D.C. DCA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington, D.C. DCA Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:42 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
IIRC my TMo phone does not get much of a signal there either. Some of ATL is the same way with TMo too. Odd but true...
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:44 am

> Which Skyclub are you talking about?

This is the Delta thread. The subj line includes the airport ID. There is only one SkyClub
at DCA.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:21 am

AT&T wasn't very good there either. Parts of the club seem to be dead areas.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by El Boocho
AT&T wasn't very good there either. Parts of the club seem to be dead areas.
I've been okay at the DCA Skyclub with AT&T. But when Verizon gets the iPhone I'll be ditching AT&T faster than you can say "TravelinWilly."

(sorry OP, I know you asked about Sprint)
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Verizon=best coverage in DC.

TMo works OK in the SkyClub. Sprint stinks (I have a Sprint 3G card - I know where to sit in the SC to make it work). It's really no better over at AA's club. Verizon works pretty well. And AT&T seems to work pretty well, too (work cell is on ATT).

It's as much an airport issue as anything - can't exactly install cell towers on the runways.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by dranz
> Which Skyclub are you talking about?

This is the Delta thread. The subj line includes the airport ID. There is only one SkyClub
at DCA.
Sorry I overlooked the DCA, regardless I think this is more of a Sprint in DC problem than something that can be blamed on the Skyclub, my AT&T has been fine there.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:33 pm

Deleted duplicate.

Last edited by dranz; Oct 23, 2010 at 12:41 pm Reason: I see that the dupe-posting problem is back.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:37 pm

> I think this is more of a Sprint in DC problem than something that
> can be blamed on the Skyclub

I never blamed it on the SkyClub.

> my AT&T has been fine there.

Utterly irrelevant to the matter I posted. Can we PUHLEEZE stay
on-topic?

Hint: If you wish to brag about AT&T coverage at the DCA SkyClub,
please start your own thread, elsewhere.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:29 pm

Location: Currently: DCA (+IAD/BWI). Before that: FNL (+DEN/COS). Before that: HVN (+BDL/LGA/EWR/JFK).
Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, Hertz Five Star, NEXUS, Global Entry
Quick question re: DCA SkyClub

Would the DCA SkyClub be showing today's football games? Flying out this evening, and wondering where I can watch. I have an RCC membership and usually go to the Presidents Club in the same terminal when flying DL, but the PC doesn't have TVs. However, I have a Delta SkyClub one-day pass that I could use today, if y'all say they'd show the games. Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Answer

There are TVs over the bar and I think they show sporting events on those TVs. There is another TV built into a column/wall east of the bar which shows non-CNN television.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Hijacking this thread briefly for a couple more DCA questions:

- Are there showers available anywhere at DCA?
- Is there any solution at all for left luggage at DCA? Since I expect the answer is no thanks to "oh noes nine eleven", are there any alternatives around the national mall? (for example, do any of the Smithsonian museums operate a left luggage desk?)
Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BenA
Hijacking this thread briefly for a couple more DCA questions:

- Are there showers available anywhere at DCA?
- Is there any solution at all for left luggage at DCA? Since I expect the answer is no thanks to "oh noes nine eleven", are there any alternatives around the national mall? (for example, do any of the Smithsonian museums operate a left luggage desk?)
There are no showers at DCA, and there is no left luggage at DCA that I am aware of. Also, as far as I know, there are no such services within the Smithsonians.

Tjtenor4, if you ask the attendants, they are pretty willing change channels (this has been my experience in the past).

elkapong
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by BenA
As stated, nothing at DCA or on the mall, but Union Station does have a left luggage facility (I believe in the "A" zone of the station).
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Thanks for the advice! Union Station is pretty easy to get to and sounds like the perfect solution for luggage storage... much appreciated.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I was at the DCA Sky Club this AM and thought I was share pics of the new areas. The old conference room/cubicle spaces are gone and that's now a nice, open seating area.

They've put in several (didn't count, 10-20) workspaces--a work bar if you will--along the window facing the terminal (National Hall). Each seat has a power outlet.

Sorry for the quality...it was still dark outside and the lamps weren't helping balance things.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.