Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:24 am

Also, I posted some videos from the RWT training, 1 of the water ditching, 1 of the motion based sim evacuation via the slide and 2 of the 737 Cabin evac and, for good measure, the wonderful bathing cap.

Links:
My 737 Cabin evac (I was first and a bit confused).

ShopAround's 737 evac

My motion based evac

Water Ditching

Bathing cap, please let me know which FT'er this is
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:43 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by atldlff
I have contacted the Hilton, and as usual, the staff was very prompt with their reply. They asked me to pass along their thanks to everyone that stayed at the Hilton, and they apologize for any inconvience from the errors on the Internet charges for those that were affected. They have assured me that an adjustment will be made to your bill no later than tomorrow.
Did you tell them we want it for free next year?

Good job, thank you!

David
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:44 pm

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Its been a couple days since the RWT Do. I really had a fun time. I want to thank both atldlff and canarsie for hosting this event. I also want to thank the staff, and crew of the Delta employees from Tech Ops. Center, DL HQ, DC-3, 767 and ATL airport fire fighters giving us a great tour of behind the scenes. Also I want to thank GoGo for the dinner at Prime. ^

For Jeff, Josh and Bob at the Q&A thank you for answering and explaining why and what is happening behind the scenes of the merger.

To able experience the water ditching was a real eye opening, that I hope would never happen in real life. Considering the water ditching was in a control sending. However it was still fun! ^

Overall thank you Delta for having us.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:16 pm

Here are my photos from day 3:

Please let me know if I've not tagged anyone in these and friend me on Facebook as well!

Day 3 of Road Warrior Training
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I've created a web site (http://www.easyvictor.org) to keep track of all the photos, videos, threads, etc. from this DO.

Please give me about 24 hours to get it complete & correct before sending any serious feedback.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

That was Pharoah.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Here are my photos from day 3:

Please let me know if I've not tagged anyone in these and friend me on Facebook as well!

Day 3 of Road Warrior Training
Friend request sent! All of your photos are great!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:13 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mersk862
And here's 8 of us in the E16 CRC (colpuck, mersk862, shoparound, traveller, klc,BondAir007, bowdenj and WBurcham)
Sorry I missed you folks (uh... all y'all) there! I was hanging out with DLGrkitalNY and AndrewNYC until just before 7 (we got to see a NW 744 at the gate, then pushed back to park -- we also saw a 772 taxi around looking for a place to hang out), when I hiked over to B26 to join the group on DL1794. Thankfully, boarding was already to zone 3, so I got to be the Breezeway jerk.

Originally Posted by atldlff
We are already thinking and planning for the next event. We have the good list of lessons learned, and I love the enthusiasm and excitement that Canarsie has as we discussed everyday - what we would do next time, and trust me, there is a LONG list of ideas already!
I hope on that list somewhere is "Invite Deltalina".

Hope everyone has a safe flight home but in case there are issues, we all now know what to do, ESPECIALLY if there's someone who is concerned about getting out of the plane. Go for the knees and push the small of the back.
I actually LOL'd on this one...

Originally Posted by bdnyc
Saturday night, DL1794 ATL-LGA had five Road Warriors in F, plus NW's FA Tom fresh from the training center also in F.
Oh is that who that was? I was chatting with a non-FT'er who seemed pretty interested in RWT.

This was a fantastic trip, thanks again to all involved! As for the Hilton, what can I say... they're shipping back the razor that I left in the bathroom ^ Also, for those of you who know what the birthday paradox is, it held true on Saturday.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by bennos
Sorry I missed you folks (uh... all y'all) there! I was hanging out with DLGrkitalNY and AndrewNYC until just before 7 (we got to see a NW 744 at the gate, then pushed back to park -- we also saw a 772 taxi around looking for a place to hang out), when I hiked over to B26 to join the group on DL1794. Thankfully, boarding was already to zone 3, so I got to be the Breezeway jerk.
Funny you mention DLGrkitalNY and AndrewNYC spent some time with them as well, I guess we just missed you as they left the club with us!
Old Jun 29, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Then again I work in advertising so I am acutely aware of the "brand perception" that I and my company work hard to present.
Funny you should say that. I work in advertising also. And I wear jeans and flip flops to work. At a corporate office. In about a month I will probably switch to shorts.

I wouldn't wear this to a client meeting, but then again, the client pays me not the other way around. If the DL execs were dressed like slobs, I think that would be more cause for concern
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by gitismatt
Funny you should say that. I work in advertising also. And I wear jeans and flip flops to work. At a corporate office. In about a month I will probably switch to shorts.

I wouldn't wear this to a client meeting, but then again, the client pays me not the other way around. If the DL execs were dressed like slobs, I think that would be more cause for concern
That is how I dress as well at work and did myself at this meeting. Tasteful shorts (we were outside part of the day) along with a nice polo. However this was a DINNER and Q & A. Would you wear a T-shirt with holes and or absolutely disheveled looking articles of clothing to a dinner meeting / meet and greet with a vendor?
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Follow-up Thank You

Good evening everyone… I trust everyone made it home safely. I didn’t read or hear about any ditching or evacuations on the news yesterday, but in the unlikely event that occurs at some point in the future, there are now a good group of newly “Certified RW” FT members out there, who are also ABPs and ready to assist! I think we need some more in-depth training on the finger wag, my assessment was that part of the training was entirely too short, but the picture is priceless.

As I have said before, it was my sincere pleasure and honor to have met so many of you over the three days. What a great three days that was!

I have spent that last 12 hours reaching out to thank the many of the Delta employees that helped to coordinate this event, and who were also a part of the execution of the last three days. They, along with the fantastic FT volunteers are the reason we had such a good time and helped to pull this event off flawlessly. What a fantastic team!

Many of the Delta employees and departments that I communicated with today, both on the phone and via e-mail have expressed a desire to read your comments and thoughts about the event. I know they would also like to see some of the pictures. I know that many of you have posted those in this thread, and those comments have been tremendous, but this thread has grown so large it is difficult for someone that is new to FlyerTalk to navigate.

So, since we already have a RWT/DO Thank-You thread started by DiverDave, I would ask that anyone who wants to send a message to the Delta employees we met over the last three days, to also post in that thread. If you want to –as I did, you can simply re-post your original thank you from this thread there. I will be giving out the link to that thread in my follow-up e-mails tomorrow to many Delta employees. I know that they would appreciate hearing from you. And you never know, what Delta employees may sign up as new FlyerTalk members and reply!

Thank you again, until next time…
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
That is how I dress as well at work and did myself at this meeting. Tasteful shorts (we were outside part of the day) along with a nice polo. However this was a DINNER and Q & A. Would you wear a T-shirt with holes and or absolutely disheveled looking articles of clothing to a dinner meeting / meet and greet with a vendor?
When I am the one paying for services, I can look however the hell I want. When I am the one providing the services, I will do my best to look professional and kempt
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by me4yankees
It was at C36 yesterday, with Biscoffs, pretzels, and dried fruit. Now what exactly do you do with Nutella? I've honestly never tried it.
So I had an epiphany about the d@#$ Nutella at the A Centerpoint DSC today: for breakfast, anyway - they have bagels! I think this was one of our key points - lack of bread to put it on... AND, after spending some time in Europe, that's when they eat the stuff most often, really. So that makes sense.

It just doesn't make sense to leave it out all the time... oh well
Old Jun 29, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Now what exactly do you do with Nutella? I've honestly never tried it.
You inject it straight into your veins. Mmmm...

Or put it on anything bread like, or better yet a freshly made crepe. Good thing I'm going to France next week!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.