Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Old May 15, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: DL DM
Atldlff, do you know when the schedule might be complete? Absolutely no rush, I am sure it is quite a logistical hassle to produce. Just eager to get the flights locked in Thanks again for putting this great event together!
Old May 15, 2009, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by NHFL9
Absolutely no rush, I am sure it is quite a logistical hassle to produce.
I do not think anybody has any idea as to what atldlff has achieved and accomplished with this upcoming event.

Please stay tuned...
Old May 15, 2009, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
UPDATE

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Please stay tuned...
Another quick update. It has been almost 4 weeks since the original post, and just under 2 weeks since the response deadline of May 2, 2009. I actually honored e-mail responses through this morning, but I am now officially closing the registration for this event. I have updated the previous post in this thread with the new final numbers as of today. We are ~65 total people for this event, and given the logistics to do this, we are at full capacity. My apologies to anyone that wanted to attend, but didn’t e-mail their response before now. If you responded previously, and didn't also get this update via e-mail, please let me know as soon as possible.

First, I would like to thank the many people at Delta that have simply been outstanding to work with on this event. Between the countless phone calls, e-mails, and other details, they have really stepped up to help me pull this together. On behalf of everyone attending this event – THANK YOU! Your hard work is really appreciated!

Now for some details:

Hotel

The hotel registration website for this event is now up and running. You can access it here to make your reservations @ the $79.00 rate + 14% Tax – click here. This is a great rate and the Airport Hilton is a (AAA) 4-diamond hotel. The hotel is located directly across the street from Delta Headquarters. That rate will include complimentary parking, 50% discount on internet access, and free local calls. You can also call the Hilton at (404) 767-9000 or toll-free (800) 445-8667 to make your reservation and use the group code: DFT. There is a complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel every 15 minutes. For more information on the hotel, please click here. If you have any problem with your reservations, please let me know.

Agenda

The agenda is not 100% finalized at this point, but as I stated in an earlier update, this event will begin Thursday, June 25th @ 12:00 p.m. and end Saturday, June 27th around 5:00 p.m. For those of you who want to make your travel plans, here is a preliminary overview of what will be covered during the three days (subject to change):

Thursday, June 25th:
  • Visit to the Delta Heritage Museum
  • Delta Executive Q&A
  • Cocktails
  • Dinner

Friday, June 26th:
  • Visit to the Delta Technical Operations Center (Tech Ops)
  • Visit to the Operations Control Center (new addition!)
  • Dinner

Saturday, June 27th:
  • Road Warrior Training

Some points of interest:

The Museum - We will be getting an opportunity to visit the Spirit of Delta, as well as restored Vintage Delta DC-3. In addition, you will be able to see Northwest Airlines exhibit which is now open (this was actually the subject of the today's blog - click here), and the Delta 1920’s – 1950’s exhibit will open on Delta’s 80th anniversary on June 17th. Thanks for the Museum staff for letting us visit exhibits that are normally not available during our visit.

Executive Q&A - This will be a two hour session with both Jeff Robertson, VP - Loyalty Programs, and Josh Weiss, Managing Director of Delta.com. Both Jeff and Josh have expressed that they, "share a desire to have real, straightforward, constructive feedback from this session and conversations with the FT’ers!". Both Jeff and Josh will also be joining us for the Cocktail hour following the Q&A session. Many thanks to our very own Canarsie who has volunteered to lead and moderate this session as well as provided his support and advice with the planning!! I think those attending will really enjoy participating in this session.

Transportation - This has proven to be one of the more difficult logistical items, but I am still working on this. All of the venues that we will be visiting during this event are either at the Delta World Headquarters campus or in the case of the Delta Tech Ops, with direct access to the Hartsfield-Jackson airport property. We will be required to pass through several security check points and it will make the logistics very difficult if we have several cars transporting people to these events. I am working with Delta now to secure Bus/Shuttle transportation to the venues so that we can go as a group and allow passage through security check points much more easily.

In the next few weeks, I will be sending those participating in this event, a memo to verify your registration information, and details on how you can pay for the Road Warrior training if you signed up for that. Closer to the actual event date, I will also be sending out a final agenda outlining each of the events in more detail, along with logistics, times, meeting places, directions, contact information, point of interest in Atlanta, etc. In the meantime, I thank you for your patience as I work out the final details (we are almost there). If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected], and I will do my best to respond to you in a timely manner.

I am truly excited about this event. Those attending will be getting the "behind the scenes" look at Delta, that is not often available to the public on a regular basis. I think everyone attending will enjoy the venues and the interaction with other FT'ers that are there as well as the Delta Executives and Employees that are helping to make this a great event.

Regards,

Steven

Last edited by atldlff; May 18, 2009 at 2:01 pm
Old May 15, 2009, 4:13 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Aside from the new exhibits at the Delta Heritage Museum and the Road Warrior Training, I have already done everything on this itinerary in past visits to the world headquarters of Delta Air Lines.

Those of you who are attending are in for a real treat!

I intend to attend bits and pieces of this event on Thursday and Friday, June 25 and 26. I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can and will be available to answer any questions regarding FlyerTalk and the Delta forum, or anything else you may have in mind.

Special thanks go to atldlff, who worked tirelessly to put this entire gathering together. I can vouch that it was no easy task...
Old May 15, 2009, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
This is one instance where even 'awesome' doesn't make the grade. Steven, if you worked for me you would be promoted!
Old May 15, 2009, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Fantastic work on all of this atldlff. I'm sure I can speak for many in expressing our appreciation, and we look forward to the events and getting to thank you in person.
Old May 15, 2009, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
A Very big "Thank you!" to atldlff and Canarsie for putting this together!

I am truly looking forward to this!

^
Old May 15, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Dilemma
A Very big "Thank you!" to atldlff and Canarsie for putting this together!

I am truly looking forward to this!

^
Yes, a huge thank you! I am looking forward to this event!
Old May 16, 2009, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Your welcome

I appreciate all the thanks... you are all very welcome. It really has been my pleasure to help pull this together. I am still working on the details, so more to come... but the real thanks here should go to all the great people at Delta that have worked with me to help plan this event. We get to interface with the people at Delta that are "customer facing" everyday, but I have really been in total awe of the people at Delta that work behind the scenes. When I asked them for their help, they didn't hestitate. When we run into issues, they found a solution. The great Delta culture that was once there, is very much still alive in the people at Delta.

Originally Posted by Pharaoh
This is one instance where even 'awesome' doesn't make the grade. Steven, if you worked for me you would be promoted!
I like this one!!! Since I am not currently employed... I am available... LOL!
Old May 16, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Quick note to those booking the Hilton ... the group rate is only available starting on 25 June. If, like me, you will arrive the day prior, the rate is on the order of $160 or so.
Originally Posted by atldlff
I like this one!!! Since I am not currently employed... I am available... LOL!
Alas, having sold my company (well, 80% of it) I'm quite semi-retired now. Only the horses and border collies are now on my payroll! But otherwise I would!
Old May 16, 2009, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Quick note to those booking the Hilton ... the group rate is only available starting on 25 June. If, like me, you will arrive the day prior, the rate is on the order of $160 or so.
Hmmm... let me see if I can get that fixed. That rate should be available starting the 24th, but it looks like it wasn't loaded that way in the system. I won't be able to contact them until Monday, but I am on it!

Alas, having sold my company (well, 80% of it) I'm quite semi-retired now. Only the horses and border collies are now on my payroll! But otherwise I would!
Ohhh... I forgot to mention... among other things, I am an ex-wrangler. I am just as home in the saddle as I am in a Delta FC seat! Border Collies are incredibly smart dogs, and love to watch them work the sheep!

Last edited by atldlff; May 16, 2009 at 7:06 am
Old May 16, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
atldlff, just have to say amazing work!!! Thank you!!! Looking forward to the event
Old May 16, 2009, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I'm all booked! Should we have a thread where we post our itineraries or just put them here or what?
Old May 16, 2009, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by me4yankees
I'm all booked! Should we have a thread where we post our itineraries or just put them here or what?
Good idea. I'd like to see a separate itinerary thread, so we don't clog up this one.
Old May 16, 2009, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Good idea. I'd like to see a separate itinerary thread, so we don't clog up this one.
I agree, just one thread with itineraries.

I wonder if someone might be willing to set up a one of those trip memory pages or something similar where we can see where everyone is coming from and the flights, etc. Someone did that for the CO DO and it was pretty cool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.