Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 2:39 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
I agree. I love knowing it's a Southern airline.... I thought the history that they did each month in the onboard magazine (last year? two years ago?? it all runs together after awhile) was super interesting. It's one of the few times I made a point to read the mag on the first day of the month! Now it's back to one of the last things I read once I'm done working, sleeping, etc.
...or working on sleeping.

Albeit it is without pictures, here is the history of Delta Air Lines through the decades.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by me4yankees
And what exactly is wrong with an "Atlanta accent" or Delta having an "image of a Southern airline?"
There is nothing wrong with it, it's just that an airline that is rebranding itself as the new "Global Airline" needs to shake it's (proud) Southern image, as the folksy charm does not always translate to other areas. I don't want to get into semantics, offend, or play the "Confederacy vs Yankee" thing, but to many, Southern = slow (as in not quick). Delta's image can be improved by focusing on all the diverse communities it serves while remaining proud of it's roots.

Luckily Deltalina doesn't have the "Southern Drawl", but there are some give-away words.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
...it's just that an airline that is rebranding itself as the new "Global Airline" needs to shake it's (proud) Southern image...
I hope it doesn't try to shake this image any more than it already has.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by DLfan
I hope it doesn't try to shake this image any more than it already has.
I could go for a thick chocolate shake right about now.

Er...what is this discussion about some Road Warrior whosawhatza...?
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Perhaps this "slow" Southern lady who speaks with a "bad" Southern drawl should mosey along, away from the negative stereotypes presented in this thread!

However, I think Delta's Southern image and heritage is a positive characteristic.

Y'all have fun!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by me4yankees
Y'all have fun!
Y'all or "All y'all"? (Remember, this is an important distinction that was taught to us during RWT)
Old Jul 3, 2009, 9:25 pm

Wirelessly posted (ATT Tilt: 8900a/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
I agree. I love knowing it's a Southern airline.... I thought the history that they did each month in the onboard magazine (last year? two years ago?? it all runs together after awhile) was super interesting. It's one of the few times I made a point to read the mag on the first day of the month! Now it's back to one of the last things I read once I'm done working, sleeping, etc.
...or working on sleeping.

Albeit it is without pictures, here is the history of Delta Air Lines through the decades.
there is one of your pictures from the rwt session that i'd like to like to link to this discussion of working on seeping. alas I cannot find it on my mobile, could someone be so kind as to provide that :-)
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:04 pm

Amidst all of the information posted in this thread, a very special thank-you must go to flyzabit for the T-shirts which she voluntarily supplied.

She spent hundreds of dollars of her own money, plus actually ensured that the huge and heavy box of T-shirts arrived in time for the three-day event, and personally handed them out throughout the three days to both FlyerTalk members and Delta Air Lines personnel.

While she is not asking for any compensation or reimbursement for the T-shirts, only two people have voluntarily paid her for the T-shirts.

flyzabit did not ask me to post this. I did so because she at least deserves recognition for what she did, which was lost amongst everything else.

Thank you, flyzabit, for taking the time to get the T-shirts created for a takeaway from the three-day event that will last for years. I appreciate what you did.

Please take a few moments out to thank flyzabit for the T-shirts, if indeed you did take one. Thank you.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:33 pm
HRS

Programs: DL Plat. 2V Guest Rewards
T shirt costs

I wear my T shirt proudly and would be glad to chip in to cover the costs.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Ditto for us. We'll gladly chip in for ours, just need cost & address.

Thank you, flyzabit!
Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:35 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Thanks flyzabit!! We have worn ours proudly. You are the bomb.com.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Ditto. I was late (a day 2 and 3 daycamper) so I wasn't sure where they came from! As I booked late off the waitlist I thought it was something I had simply overlooked since it was given to me from behind the check-in desk!

Apologies for not knowing - so I'll gladly chip in as well. Now just to hunt to find the handle to PM....sometimes i wish I was better at all this stuff!

Ps - For those of us lucky to get one from DL from this shindig, the book we got is super interesting and way more detailed than the mag!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Thanks Canarise for posting about Flyzabit and the T-shirts. She did this all on her own, and it would be great if everyone that got a shirt would chip in and help. They were a real hit with the Delta employees and I particularly appreciate the fact that she took the time to pass them out to all the employees and the fire station guys over the 3 days. They really enjoyed that immensely. No doubt she should head up "hospitality" for the next event!
Old Jul 4, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

If someone could post or email out flyzabit's address I would be happy to mail a check to her!
I love the shirt and I agree it was a nice touch to give them to the Delta employees.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by atldlff
Thanks Canarise for posting about Flyzabit and the T-shirts. She did this all on her own, and it would be great if everyone that got a shirt would chip in and help.
PayPal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.