Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Email sent for MikeMpls & WifeMpls.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage NW WorldPerks DL Skymiles FL A+
How long do we have to respond?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
E-Mail incoming!
Old Apr 19, 2009, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by astrotrainempire
How long do we have to respond?
The OP's post said two weeks.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
"Participants will receive information on emergency exit door and window operation and aircraft decompression. They will also have several opportunities to ride in Delta’s motion-based cabin evacuation simulator, experience a smoke-filled cabin, and participate in a waterditching exercise."

All for $150! Wow...I'll pass.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by drjazz
"Participants will receive information on emergency exit door and window operation and aircraft decompression. They will also have several opportunities to ride in Delta’s motion-based cabin evacuation simulator, experience a smoke-filled cabin, and participate in a waterditching exercise."

All for $150! Wow...I'll pass.
CO did this and much more for free at their event. I thank the OP for moving this along. It's too bad DL can't be more helpful in organizing and sponsoring the event. It's kind of short-sighted of them.

CO even provided a small discount on airfare for those flying into the event.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:22 am

What exactly is Road Warrior Training?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Update

Thanks to everyone that has already replied. I am going to continue to accept responses for 2 weeks, (until May 2nd) to make sure that everyone that wants to attend will have an opportunity to respond. I know that over 150 people responded to the original DO poll, but based on the responses so far, I think we will have a smaller crowd for this event which will make planning this much easier. I will let everyone know what details I have worked out once the list of interested attendees and preferences is complete.

To save time, here are some answers to questions and comments that I have gotten so far:

• Yes, if you stay at the Hilton with the group rate of $79 per night, your stay will qualify for HHonors points.
  • I agree, $45 pp for a dinner is pricey. It was the price I was given in the catering brochure for the Hilton. There is a great deal of interest in having a dinner, so I am looking at some other options that would be more reasonable. The options will of course, depend on the final headcount for the dinner. If anyone has other good suggestions/preferences for a dinner, please let me know.
  • When I get the final headcount, we will look at the transportation needs. So far, it seems that a good number of you will have your own transportation and have offered to drive others. If we can work that out, that will help reduce costs.
  • No, I didn’t solicit any sponsorship to help lower the cost or pay for dinner/transportation. While that would be great to have, it is way beyond my capability. If someone wants to take that on, please let me know.
  • No, I am not giving Delta your FlyerTalk Username, just your real name for security purposes. I do think it would be a good idea to have name tags that have both your name and FlyterTalk Username (for those that have one) so that other members can all put a face with a Username they are familiar with. If there are objections to that, we can of course go with just your name.
  • Yes, you can bring a guest that is not a FlyerTalk member.
  • If you are planning to bring a guest, I will need their name (some of you provided that, and some didn’t).
  • If you bringing a guest and indicated that you needed a hotel room, I will need to know if you need 1 or 2 rooms. I assumed if your guest was a family member, or your spouse, you will only need one room, if that is not correct, please let me know! (I am just trying to get a good count of potential hotel rooms for planning purposes). You will actually register with the hotel yourself via a dedicated website or you can call and use a group rate code.
  • A photographer is a great suggestion. Any photographers out there that are willing to help out - please let me know.

Keep those cards and letters coming!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by me4yankees
What exactly is Road Warrior Training?
Here is the description from the Web-site. I should be getting more details on the actual training soon.

Road Warrior training is designed for the frequent traveler or anyone wanting a deeper knowledge of the air travel experience. This course covers a wide variety of topics and important emergency procedures. Come experience a “behind the scenes” look at our state-of-the-art facilities for a full day of hands-on, interactive learning.

Participants will receive information on emergency exit door and window operation and aircraft decompression. They will also have several opportunities to ride in Delta’s motion-based cabin evacuation simulator, experience a smoke-filled cabin, and participate in a waterditching exercise.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: DM-(DL)/CO/AA/US/ RW (Road Warrior)
Email sent!

Great idea thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Any idea yet which date it is going to be?
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by atldlff
Here is the description from the Web-site. I should be getting more details on the actual training soon.

Road Warrior training is designed for the frequent traveler or anyone wanting a deeper knowledge of the air travel experience. This course covers a wide variety of topics and important emergency procedures. Come experience a “behind the scenes” look at our state-of-the-art facilities for a full day of hands-on, interactive learning.

Participants will receive information on emergency exit door and window operation and aircraft decompression. They will also have several opportunities to ride in Delta’s motion-based cabin evacuation simulator, experience a smoke-filled cabin, and participate in a waterditching exercise.
That sounds interesting. I will contact you about any changes in my "reservation!"
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Any idea yet which date it is going to be?
We have two weeks to respond, so after he receives the RSVPs, I assume a date will be picked.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:44 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by atldlff
I agree, $45 pp for a dinner is pricey. It was the price I was given in the catering brochure for the Hilton. There is a great deal of interest in having a dinner, so I am looking at some other options that would be more reasonable. The options will of course, depend on the final headcount for the dinner. If anyone has other good suggestions/preferences for a dinner, please let me know.
My recommendation is Prime at Lenox Mall, which is part of the Here To Serve restaurant group.

I have no affiliation with this restaurant. Even though it is located inside Lenox Mall in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, you can be as casual or as formal as you like. White tablecloths, cloth napkins, excellent service, a variety of food choices where there is something for everyone, reasonable prices and consistency are among the reasons why I patronize this restaurant every chance I get. Introduced to me by FlyerTalk member belle3388, I have eaten there with a number of other FlyerTalk members and all of them seemed to have enjoyed it. Some of them have eaten there more than once. I personally have never had a bad meal there, nor have I ordered anything that I did not like. Their Petit Filet from the steak specials menu approaches the quality of better-known steakhouses for a fraction of the cost.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
E-mail sent.

I am looking forward to the Road Warrior Training.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.