Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Submitted registration form, and requesting waitlist status.

Here's to reeeeeeeeally hoping another slot opens up. ^
Old Jun 9, 2009, 2:46 pm

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
I'm staying at the Hilton, checking in Wed night and checking out Sat morning...whoever wants my parking spot just PM me with the usual details like make/model/plate number and I'll add it when I check in. (I'm just a naughty law breaker at heart..)

Update: My parking spot is taken!

Last edited by Flyin'Mom; Jun 9, 2009 at 9:10 pm Reason: Parking spot has been spoken for
Old Jun 10, 2009, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
After talking to some of the DL employees working with atldlff on this event last night, I am really excited to be going, and the DL employees were really excited to be having us.

Thanks again to atldlff for getting this all of the ground - two weeks from today until I hit ATL!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Reminder/Updates

Couple of quick reminders:

HOTEL

If you need a hotel room - tomorrow - (Thursday, June 11, 2009) is the deadline for making a reservation at the group rate of $79.00/night. I can't guarantee the group rate at a later date. If you plan to stay at a hotel for this event, and aren't sure if you are staying at the Hilton, you can make a reservation now and cancel as late as the day before the event, without a cancellation penalty. If you wait to make your reservations after tomorrow, this group rate will NOT be available. To make reservations at the Hilton, please click here.

Updated Registration Forms/Deadlines

I am doing my best to keep the current list of registrations up to date. You can view the list here. Also note, the deadline for payment is June 15, 2009.

If for some reason you are unable to attend this event, please let me know so I can free up a slot for those that are on the waitlist.

I have tried my best to accommodate everyone, but I will need to finalize this list for planning purposes. If you are on the list, Awaiting final registration form, and you do not submit the final registration form by Thursday, June 18, 2009, I will be giving your slot away to the next person on the waitlist, or cancelling your registration.

*** UPDATE *** I had to move the final registration date up by 2 days, so that I can submit the final list to Delta Security a week in advance. Thank you for your understanding!

Final Update

I will be sending the final udpate for this event out on Saturday, June 20, 2009. That update will have the final details on the agenda along with more logistics information, times, meeting places, directions, transportation information, contact information, etc.

Parking

*** UPDATE ***
For those of you that are attending this event and will have a car, parking will be complimentary. If you are staying at the Hilton, you will use your room key to enter and leave the parking lot. If you are not staying at the Hilton, you can get complimentary parking passes during the on-site registration process.

We are just a little more than 2 weeks away, and I look forward to meeting everyone at the event! As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Steven

Last edited by atldlff; Jun 13, 2009 at 11:32 am Reason: fix typos
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Update: My parking spot is taken!
Consarnit! My idea and I was too slow! That's what I get for going to meetings...

Any other kind souls out there willing to let me use their parking space at the Hilton?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862
After talking to some of the DL employees working with atldlff on this event last night, I am really excited to be going, and the DL employees were really excited to be having us.
You bet... I have been saying that for weeks.

Thanks again to atldlff for getting this all of the ground - two weeks from today until I hit ATL!
Your welcome - my pleasure!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by atldlff

If for some reason you are unable to attend this event, please let me know so I can free up a slot for those that are on the waitlist.
Just thought I'd reiterate.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Important update!

Important change to the agenda for the Road Warrior Training on Saturday 6/27/09.

OK... I wanted to give everyone that is attending the Road Warrior Training a heads up --- The Agenda for the RWT has changed from the latest published update. We will start at 7:30 a.m. with a Breakfast and we won't be done until almost 4:30 p.m., *NOT* 1:00 p.m. as I originally published on the last version of the agenda. As I said, the agenda was subject to change. The Delta group has packed the entire day with activities and the RWT won't end until then. I will have more detail on the RWT Saturday activities in the final agenda that I will publish on Saturday, 6/20/09.

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this as soon as possible. If you have already made return reservations for that afternoon, and have to leave earlier than the scheduled end time of 4:30 p.m., please let me know, and we can arrange transportation back to the Hilton at the original time I published of 1:00 p.m in the last version of the agenda.

The Delta team has been working hard to make the RWT as comprehensive as possible, and my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused anyone... I checked and this should only impact a few people.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,

Steven

P.S. I know some of us are planning a Braves Game and dinner that afternoon and evening... I will post in Mike thread also.

Last edited by atldlff; Jun 10, 2009 at 5:57 pm
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
>we won't be done until almost 4:30 p.m.

No problem! That sounds even better, actually. My flight's at 8:30 that night.

On a related note, I assume we'll be getting very, very wet in the RWT. Anyone know if they have showers & a locker room for changing afterward? Also, what should we wear to this event - a bathing suit? Or just regular clothes that we don't mind getting wet?

I also assume I shouldn't bring any electronics, but I was thinking maybe one of those disposable waterproof cameras... would that be allowed?
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by brillb

I agree - the more the better. RWT sounds like it's going to be an absolute blast.

I'll trade a Braves game for an extended RWT (my flight is at 630a Sunday morning).
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by atldlff
I wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this as soon as possible. If you have already made return reservations for that afternoon, and have to leave earlier than the scheduled end time of 4:30 p.m., please let me know, and we can arrange transportation back to the Hilton at the original time I published of 1:00 p.m in the last version of the agenda.
Since the original agenda had a 5pm stop on Sat, I booked a 7:40pm return flight, which I'm assuming won't be a problem. (Allowing an hour for the trip from security to E37, which I'm sure will be my gate ) That said, it might be useful to know ETAs back to the hotel or even ATL directly to figure out when the make/miss cutoff is.

Or, perhaps DL could waive our change fees
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bennos
Since the original agenda had a 5pm stop on Sat, I booked a 7:40pm return flight, which I'm assuming won't be a problem. (Allowing an hour for the trip from security to E37, which I'm sure will be my gate ) That said, it might be useful to know ETAs back to the hotel or even ATL directly to figure out when the make/miss cutoff is.

If it finishes up at 430p, the Shuttle should drop us off at the Hilton by 5 (the Hilton is a stone's throw from DL Headquarters - right on the other side of Virginia Avenue) - should easily make a 5 p.m. shuttle with plenty of time - Atlanta on Saturday evenings is a very easy experience going landside to airside.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brillb

On a related note, I assume we'll be getting very, very wet in the RWT. Anyone know if they have showers & a locker room for changing afterward? Also, what should we wear to this event - a bathing suit? Or just regular clothes that we don't mind getting wet?

I also assume I shouldn't bring any electronics, but I was thinking maybe one of those disposable waterproof cameras... would that be allowed?
Yes, you will be getting WET in the RWT. I am going to be visiting the facility on Friday, I just added Locker Rooms/Showers to my list of questions to ask, so I will get the "low down" on that soon.

I am not sure about the clothes that we will be wearing, but you can see some picture of the FA that went through the training here. It looks like regular clothes that you don't mind getting wet. I will find out, and let you know in the final update.

I will ask about the waterproof camera - I don't think that will be a problem.

I agree - the more the better. RWT sounds like it's going to be an absolute blast.

I'll trade a Braves game for an extended RWT (my flight is at 630a Sunday morning).
I completely agree... it will be a great day!

Originally Posted by bennos

I know... very first version of the agenda it ended at 5:00p, then it changed to 1:00p... now it's back to around 4:30p. Like I said, it was tentative, but the good news is we are getting a better agenda.

I will publish the arrival time back at the hotel in the FINAL agenda. If it would help, I can schedule the shuttle bus to make a stop at the hotel, then go directly on to the airport for those with flights that evening.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 6:56 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
I hate to ask but it's been a super busy quarter for me and I've lost track of the final details...would it be possible to update Post #1 with the final date and activities on each date?

Not surprisingly I'm travelling that week and depending on what activities are available for the days I'm around I'd like to try and join via waitlist.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen
I hate to ask but it's been a super busy quarter for me and I've lost track of the final details...would it be possible to update Post #1 with the final date and activities on each date?

Not surprisingly I'm travelling that week and depending on what activities are available for the days I'm around I'd like to try and join via waitlist.
The latest udpate and version of the agenda are located here.

If you want to be added to the waitlist, please send the updated registration form in the 1st post, here and send it back to [email protected], and I will be happy to add you to the waitlist.

Last edited by atldlff; Jun 11, 2009 at 5:49 am Reason: updated links

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.