Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Road Warrior Training/DO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 7:14 am

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Still need some local expertise to help pick the dinner venue.
Although I can't attend the DO, I can provide some local expertise.

MARTA is imperfect, but best option to get to Braves game. Take your hotel shuttle to the airport and take airport line to Five Points. From Five Points, there is a shuttle to Turner Field (no MARTA station serves Turner Field -- just another one of the reasons why it might be the worst mass transit in the country). To get to the shuttle, though, you have to walk through Underground (which is an adventure in itself). I'm almost certain they have signs on game days directing you to the shuttle, but plan on a 10 minute walk. The shuttle drops off right in front of the stadium.

So, after the game, which should last about 3 hours, you'll have to take the shuttle back to Five Points. From here, you have a number of options, all to the north by train. There are very good restaurants in Midtown (a short train ride), Buckhead (a bit longer of a train ride, but not too bad). Following dinner, you can get back on the train and head to the airport, shuttle to your hotel. Be sure to check at what time MARTA stops running. I think it's around midnight.

Cab to the airport from either Midtown -or- Buckhead -or- Turner Field is flat rate, I think, like $35 or $38. I rarely take cabs in Atlanta. They're way overpriced.

As for specific restaurants, I'm reluctant to recommend one in particular. There are a ton of great restaurants in Atlanta. I'd recommend you check Yelp, which is a great resource. If you want to talk restaurants off-thread, feel free to PM me.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 8:31 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Or we can drive to the ballpark. We have at least one vehicle.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jbatl
As for specific restaurants, I'm reluctant to recommend one in particular. There are a ton of great restaurants in Atlanta. I'd recommend you check Yelp, which is a great resource. If you want to talk restaurants off-thread, feel free to PM me.
For the Saturday evening dinner, there's a thread in Community Buzz! where your mind dump on dinner venues would 100% on topic & appreciated.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Quick update

Update on a few items:

• I have had a few cancellations and the waitlist is now completely cleared. If you still want to attend this event, and haven't registered, I can still slot you in (I am really trying to accomodate everyone that wants to attend). So... If you want to attend, please complete the new registration form at the end of the 1st post in this thread and send it to [email protected] - ASAP.

• The deadline for making hotel reservations at the discounted rate of $79.00 per night + tax is June 11, 2009.

• I have received about 50% of the updated registration forms back. If you haven't sent your updated registration form at the end of the last e-mail update, please don't wait... I need it to help with the final planning, so please send it in ASAP. Thanks!

• For those of you wanting to attend a Braves game and Dinner - Saturday- 6/27, in the afternoon and evening, please follow Mike's thread in Community Buzz. click here.

I am working like a crazy man on the final details - I will be at Delta next week doing a dry run, and making sure we have everything set with the venues, hotel, dinners, etc. If you send me mail, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by atldlff
Update on a few items:

• I have had a few cancellations and the waitlist is now completely cleared.
Post it in the thread in true DL style:

SKO/M
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skoker
Post it in the thread in true DL style:

SKO/M
LOL... that's actually a good idea. Now if I could just get access to the real DL waitlist, and clear FT'ers on their flights to this DO - that would be an added bonus! I am sure someone at Delta will send me the login details later today.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
Lucky for me on the cancellations! I'm looking forward to it, have booked flights, Hilton Airport with points, and have sent all relevant emails & PayPal!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Updated list

Many thanks to everyone that has responded! I have posted the updated list for this event as of today, June 8th. You can double check your status here.

Thanks!

Update on a few items:

• The deadline for making hotel reservations at the discounted rate of $79.00 per night + tax is June 11, 2009.
FYI --- The deadline is THIS Thursday. I know some of you are waiting until the last minute to book the hotel... But Friday, will be too late

Last edited by atldlff; Jun 8, 2009 at 12:31 pm
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
You've got people on both the confirmed and cancelled list.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcherney
You've got people on both the confirmed and cancelled list.
RUT ROH! Let me know who, and I will fix that !
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
NHFL9
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Mucho thanks... I forgot to add the +1 on the cancelled list. NHFL9 is confirmed, it was the +1 guest that cancelled. Same count, just minor oops on my part. I need a more advanced registration system!
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Can you confirm whether DL will receive both our FT names and our real names? You ask for both on registration, but I am not certain that I want DL to be able to tie my FT name to my real name. Sometimes I post mistakes...
Old Jun 8, 2009, 2:45 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
Is it possible to attend events EXCEPT the Road Warrior Training? Given the costs of attending, it would make it more difficult for me to afford this event.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

No worries

Originally Posted by Cellisttoo
Can you confirm whether DL will receive both our FT names and our real names? You ask for both on registration, but I am not certain that I want DL to be able to tie my FT name to my real name. Sometimes I post mistakes...
Don't we all!!

To answer your question, see milepost #23 in this thread or click here.

• No, I am not giving Delta your FlyerTalk Username, just your real name for security purposes. I do think it would be a good idea to have name tags that have both your name and FlyterTalk Username (for those that have one) so that other members can all put a face with a Username they are familiar with. If there are objections to that, we can of course go with just your name.
Bottomline... only your real name will be given to Delta, and it's only going to Security to gain access to the Delta Campus for the events. I can tell you that working with the SkyMiles team - they are a fantastic group... extremely nice, very supportive, responsive, and excited to have us visit. As I have said before, everyone at Delta has been great to work with!! As far as I know, and I feel very certain about this - no one from Delta is going to track you down by your FlyerTalk name. I have given them both of mine as well as my SkyMiles # for what it is worth. Nothing exciting has happened to me so far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.