Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The New TTU (Talk To Us) - for all things Delta.com...

The New TTU (Talk To Us) - for all things Delta.com...

Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Exclamation The New TTU (Talk To Us) - for all things Delta.com...

... just a quick update, with many items now being shifted over to the Delta platform, and no usable info on NWA.com, people that have complaints or comments with delta.com (be it the Sky Club listings, OLCI, award booking, etc.) NEED to use the little "[+] Feedback" link on the lower-right corner of the screen. It appears on most pages. That feedback does get routed to Delta folks similar to those who have responded to TTU's on the NW side.

For regular travel/booking experience-type of TTU questions, customers should direct email to the "Emailus" page.

Last edited by thezipper; Apr 15, 2009 at 10:18 am
Old May 20, 2009, 10:04 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Let me have the honors of making the first post in this thread.

I have a few questions:

1. Are NW A320's getting PTV's? If so, whats the timeframe? I'm hoping in December when I fly down to CUN from MSP in F that I will possibly have the chance to see PTV.

2. Are NW Worldclubs slowly changing over to Delta Clubs?

3. Since I'm flying on a Premium Ticket STC-MSP-CUN rt, will I have access to the NW WC/ Delta? nwa.com and delta.com are telling me two different things. fyi, the ticket is issued on Delta ticket stock STC-MSP DL3597
MSP-CUN DL3583 on dec. 26th.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:00 pm
BLT

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Gold,
I Have SO Had It

Well, once again I flew Delta on a ticket booked by my travel agent on NW and they couldn't check me in. When flying STL-ATL-ABQ last month on Delta flights booked on NWA I was sent to NWA to check in. This month on the same route I was sent back to Delta to check in. Unfortunately for some reason they could not get the computer to check me in. So I waited until someone had time to call their help desk.

Has anyone else had trouble getting upgraded? I have yet to be upgraded on a Delta flight in advance of the gate, and by then they are usually full. But they don't seem to care, they just shrug . So while the Delta Golds are in first I am in coach. Apparently there is something called activiating your FF number for upgrades but no one can tell me or my travel agent how to do it, but it has to be done for every reservation.

I totally will not fly Delta anymore. I'll go CO before DL.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
FWIW: I'm no longer getting the super-quick, personal, understood my questions responses from TTU. I wonder if TTU is now being outsourced or handled by DL people who could care less?
Old May 20, 2009, 11:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1+MM / HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
FWIW: I'm no longer getting the super-quick, personal, understood my questions responses from TTU. I wonder if TTU is now being outsourced or handled by DL people who could care less?
I wouldn't call it quick or exceptionally personalized, but I have had responses via TTU.

I submitted a complaint on May 11, got a reply via Delta's on the 12th, NWA's TTU was the 14th.
Old May 21, 2009, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by BLT
Apparently there is something called activiating your FF number for upgrades but no one can tell me or my travel agent how to do it, but it has to be done for every reservation.
I'm not sure how it works for a TA, but when self-purchasing on DL.com, if you're logged in as a Medallion, there is a "Request Upgrade" box that's checked by default. You can uncheck the box if you don't want the UG. I assume that a TA must do something on each reservation to request a UG. There are plenty of people on the DL board that use corporate TAs and get UGs regularly, so obviously some TAs know how to do it.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:32 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Strike 1 for DL

You got to love this.

So I send DL an email via the TTU on MOnday asking what happens since I have 2.2M on NW and .5 on DL in terms of me getting MM status.

Dear Mr. xxx,

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com. We are sorry for the delay in responding to your message.

Thank you for your comments. The combining of Delta Air Lines and Northwest to create a premier global airline is now well under way. The U.S. Justice Department approved the merger on October 29, 2008, and we expect to receive a single operating certificate from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) by the end of 2009.

As a valued customer, you understandably have questions, and we appreciate the opportunity to respond to you.

We have made steady progress toward a fully integrated operation under the Delta brand. We want the ongoing process to be as thoughtful and hassle-free for our customers as possible and, in the end, ensure every one of our passengers has a superb travel experience delivered with best-in-class service and style. Currently, we do not have any information of Delta sending a memento as a symbol of merger completion to our valued members.

The Delta SkyMiles and Northwest WorldPerks frequent flyer programs are currently being aligned. Linking accounts will help facilitate the integration of the two loyalty programs. When the programs merge later this year, we will combine linked accounts and miles into the SkyMiles account.

To stay up-to-date on all program news you may visit delta.com/integrationtimeline.

For inquiries relating to status qualification once the account merge, it will be necessary for you to write to the SkyMiles Service Center.

The mailing address for the SkyMiles Service Center is as follows:

Delta Air Lines, Dept. 654
SkyMiles Service Center
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA 30320-2532

If you are sending your request via courier delivery, please use the following address:

Delta SkyMiles Service Center
Department 654
Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport Atlanta, GA 30320

Fax - 404-773-1945

I respond to them

Does the Delta SkyMiles Service Center have an email address? It is hard to believe in this day and age that we have to revert to faxing!

Give me a break they cannot even forward an email internally or get me a response.
Old May 21, 2009, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by hnewman
You got to love this.

Does the Delta SkyMiles Service Center have an email address? It is hard to believe in this day and age that we have to revert to faxing!

Give me a break they cannot even forward an email internally or get me a response.
Welcome to Delta! Not only do we have to revert to faxing, but we sometimes have to use the tele-phone and now, stand in line to check-in (as opposed to being able to do it all using the internets at nwa.com)
Old May 21, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Welcome to Delta! Not only do we have to revert to faxing, but we sometimes have to use the tele-phone and now, stand in line to check-in (as opposed to being able to do it all using the internets at nwa.com)
DL is not very welcoming.
Old May 21, 2009, 6:39 pm

Here is DL latest help

I asked

There helpful response

Dear Mr. Newman,

Thank you for contacting us.

The mailing address for the SkyMiles Service Center is as follows:

Delta Air Lines, Dept. 654
SkyMiles Service Center
P.O. Box 20532
Atlanta, GA. 30320-2532

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Amazing
Old May 21, 2009, 10:28 pm
BLT

I have received similar nonresponsive responses to my questions on delta.com. But I do get a quick response, worthless as it is.

Tell me what MM status is and how you get it.
Old May 22, 2009, 2:46 am

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by BLT

Tell me what MM status is and how you get it.

MM= Million Miler, to get it you park your but in a airplane seat for a million miles, with the same airline.

Last edited by CaseyN2; May 23, 2009 at 4:33 am
Old May 22, 2009, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by CaseyN2
MM= Million Miler, to get it you park you but in a airplane seat for a million miles, with the same airline.
Or more millions. DL has a program that supposedly if you are 1MM lifetime Silver, 2MM life GM, 4MM PM
Old May 23, 2009, 8:04 pm
BLT

Originally Posted by CaseyN2
MM= Million Miler, to get it you park your but in a airplane seat for a million miles, with the same airline.
I have 2mm on NWA but didn't get anything. Do you have to ask?
Old May 24, 2009, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by BLT
I have 2mm on NWA but didn't get anything. Do you have to ask?
When I hit 2MM BIS miles I got
1. Letter thanking me
2. $100 Marriott Cert
3. Carbon fibre pen

This was April 08.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.