FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Los Angeles LAX Sky Club: The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/943524-los-angeles-lax-sky-club-definitive-thread.html)

hfly Sep 9, 2010 11:50 pm

As long as I can remember there have been similar promotions. This is no big deal, perhaps they want to highlight the newly redone Skyclub??!! I have to say that I was there recently and I was not that impressed, no intimacy whatsoever.

PaulMSN Sep 10, 2010 12:53 am

I was in the LAX Skyclub outbound to SYD and on the return. Both times it didn't seem overly crowded -- there were plenty of empty seats. I did have to wait a bit for a shower each time, but not that long.

I like it, by the way, especially the shower rooms.

henwood Sep 13, 2010 5:23 pm

How crowded would you expect it to be at 9PM on Thursday?

I have a connection there next week and did get the e-mail, so I will be checking it out.

curl Sep 13, 2010 6:43 pm

we both got this offer as well, but unfortunately, our connection from SYD this weekend was too tight (picture me running thru LAX) to check out the club. bummer!!

DLATL777 Sep 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by henwood (Post 14651958)
How crowded would you expect it to be at 9PM on Thursday?

I have a connection there next week and did get the e-mail, so I will be checking it out.

VERY crowded; even without this offer.

HWGeeks Sep 17, 2010 10:20 am

LAX SkyClub Faux Pas

Has anyone noticed what I consider a major design faux pas with how some chairs are setup in the form of a square in the rotonda?

If you look at them from above they look like swastikas anyone else notice this?

I swear I posted about this already but can't find it so apologies if I duplicated my own thread.

mersk862 Sep 17, 2010 10:45 am

I think you are overthinking this a little bit too much...

andrew10412 Sep 17, 2010 11:14 am

the runways at DEN kind of look like one...

HWGeeks Sep 17, 2010 11:19 am

I probably am over thinking it but recently where I lived they canceled a Build because it sorta resembeled one too.

Everyone seems a bit over poltically correct now a days.

tkey75 Sep 17, 2010 11:20 am

There was a bookcase in my high school that formed a swastika if turned on its side.

It was only hilarious to dump over the bookcase.

You're overthinking it waaayyyy too much

Sez_Who Sep 17, 2010 11:22 am

I recall seeing a post that mentioned this but [1] I am not so tall that I can see what the rotunda looks like from high above, and [2] if it really does look like this, I have no doubt there was no such intention on the part of DL.

I am not a fan of the new rotunda because of the total lack of power outlets but other than that, it looks fine to me.

HWGeeks Sep 17, 2010 12:33 pm

oh I doubt there was intention on anyones part it's just the style of the chairs and the way they were positioned. I didn't notice it until my nephew pointed it out as we walked in

He whispered to me because he didn't want to say the word swastika out loud that they formed one.

MisterNice Sep 17, 2010 1:04 pm

A lotta stars in the Milky Way do this and some others do the Star of David. Weird!

MisterNice

Evan! Sep 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Does it resemble this BBQ?

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/...esign-fail.jpg

The chairs at the LAX SkyClub are obviously a conspiracy.

Did you know?:
9+1+1 = 11... as in "nine eleven"!
AA 11 >>> 11
UA 93 >>> 9 + 3 = 12
UA 175 >>> 1 + 7 +5 = 13
AA 77 >>> 7 + 7 = 14

11 12 13 14 .... coincidence? I think not!

US 1549 >>> 1+5+4+9 = 19 ... there were 19 hijackers

D=4 (4th letter of the alphabet)
E=5
L=12
T=20
A=1

Add these up and you get 42 which is the meaning of life according to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

It's Armageddon folks!

DaddyRabbit Sep 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Rabbit

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 14681344)
Has anyone noticed what I consider a major design faux pas with how some chairs are setup in the form of a square in the rotonda?

If you look at them from above they look like swastikas anyone else notice this?

I swear I posted about this already but can't find it so apologies if I duplicated my own thread.

I saw that and thought it was a rabbit.