Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2011, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by hautecouTours
My birthday came and went with no notice from Delta. ;-(
Did you call in to see if they will give you the Birthday SkyMiles promo?
Old May 30, 2011, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Did you call in to see if they will give you the Birthday SkyMiles promo?
Actually, I emailed them through the website. Their response...

"Dear Mr. haute couTours,

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding our promotion
selection.

Like many airlines, we offer targeted promotions to specific customers
and potential customers. Each promotion is offered to a limited number
of customers and cannot be extended to additional participants. However,
we conduct many promotions each year and we will most certainly contact
you when we have a relevant offer. We are working hard to provide you
and all Delta customers with compelling membership offers and mileage
bonuses."

The bolding is mine... I guess having a birthday isn't relevant for a birthday promo. Do you think I should try to contact a real person?
Old May 30, 2011, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by hautecouTours
I guess having a birthday isn't relevant for a birthday promo. Do you think I should try to contact a real person?
Many promotions targeting Delta customers are valid only for those living in particular states. In other words, being a SkyMiles member isn't enough. Other promotions targeting credit card holders are valid only for those who have performed specific spending activities. In other words, being a credit card holder and Delta Skymiles member isn't enough. It's conceivable that they could target a promotion to Delta customers valid only for recent birthdays and account histories meeting a certain pattern, length of existence, etc. In other words, having a birthday and being a Delta Skymiles member may not be enough. This wouldn't be a crazy decision, as they may be viewing it as a targeted incentive that will work best or reward particular members. I suspect they'll tell you as much if you call and speak with someone. In general, the more you fly and the more Delta-related partner activity you have, the more promotions you'll qualify for. Lots of exceptions, but no right to complain, as these promotions give you something and don't take away. A freebie is a freebie, even if you don't get the same freebie as everyone else.
Old May 30, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: DL-GM
I qualified last year as a SM but not this year as a PM. It would be nice to see a little happy birthday email regardless of promotion or not. I received 10% off from Alaska, and an email from Elal. Just think it would be a nice touch.
Old May 30, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Got my June birthday promo and 1500 miles with my flight this weekend. When do you receive the $100 voucher?
Old May 30, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: All of the above
I signed on to the promotion last week. (June birthday)
Old May 30, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by skchin
Got my June birthday promo and 1500 miles with my flight this weekend. When do you receive the $100 voucher?
That seems to indicate that DL has reduced the birthday miles again! Darn it! It was only five or six months ago that they reduced it from 2,500 to 2,000 miles (what I got for my May 2011 birthday), and now they have reduced it again, from 2,000 to 1,500 miles for June birthday babies? What gives DL?!?!?!

As for the $100 DL Vacations voucher, I think that it is a VIRTUAL VOUCHER, and stored on your SkyMiles account. I do not believe it is a paper voucher. Anyone have alternative information on this?
Old May 31, 2011, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
That seems to indicate that DL has reduced the birthday miles again! Darn it! It was only five or six months ago that they reduced it from 2,500 to 2,000 miles (what I got for my May 2011 birthday), and now they have reduced it again, from 2,000 to 1,500 miles for June birthday babies? What gives DL?!?!?!
Being a December baby, I can tell you that winter babies are much more valuable.

I think we should just be happy there is a birthday bonus at all. It's been going on for a couple of years, I believe, and even at 1,000 miles would be a heck of a lot better than the birthday bonus given by competing airlines.

To those who mentioned they received June offer: Could you please share the link? I don't believe it has been posted publicly yet, and I can't seem to find it via searches nor trial/error. http://dmn.delta.com/offers/jun2011bday/ nor http://dmn.delta.com/offers/junbday/ appear to resolve as of this post (Tue May 31st).
Old May 31, 2011, 5:43 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Try this

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/june_bday/
Old May 31, 2011, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by jackplum
Ah, there we go. Thanks. Lots of link formats/loctions.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta PM, HHonors Silver, AVIS First
I got the offer (finally got targeted for *something* anyway) and registered on 3/26 for an April birthday... then flew 22 segments (8 of which were booked/flown after registering and before the promo end date) and the bonus still hasn't showed up in my account. (Mine was 2000 miles.)

*sigh*

I just emailed them.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by MFMeow
I got the offer (finally got targeted for *something* anyway) and registered on 3/26 for an April birthday... then flew 22 segments (8 of which were booked/flown after registering and before the promo end date) and the bonus still hasn't showed up in my account. (Mine was 2000 miles.)

*sigh*

I just emailed them.
Check within the bonuses for the various segments you flew, expanding the details for each. The birthday miles post stacked within a particular flight and might not be obvious unless you check detail. Many other promo miles post as stand-alone deposits, where they are more readily seen.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:15 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by mooper
Ah, there we go. Thanks. Lots of link formats/loctions.
I'm not eligible. This really sucks.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
And for the third year in a row, I got a rock for my upcoming birthday.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Evan!
I'm not eligible. This really sucks.
Originally Posted by pbjag
And for the third year in a row, I got a rock for my upcoming birthday.
For both of you, I would call the DL Medallion Special Services desk or any other customer service line you might have, and complain. It couldn't hurt, right? I got it for the first time this year, after nothing for 2008, 2009, and 2010, so it does happen, as others here have stated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.