Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Birthday Delta SkyMiles Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by bryansj
I asked a question about when the MQMs show up and decided to read the fine print of the offer: "Bonus miles or MQMs will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 4-6 weeks following the end of the promotion".

This is a two month long promo and mine was a June birthday which was the first round of the promo. Point is that nobody should have received the bonus since July 31st is the end of the first promo.
The promo email I got noted that the promo "ended" on the last date to *register* (which in my case is July 31... and yes, the actual date is spelled out in the email). Ergo, I still wondered if some previous recipient had gotten the miles yet.

Trying this another way, what about the spring double MQM promo that was open to all? Did reissued tickets as the result of upgrades receive the promo miles?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
My August Birthday Offer just landed......
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yup just got mine and registered.

Accidently posted about this in the earlier 2008 double mqm thread. oops!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by DaChief
My August Birthday Offer just landed......
Yep. Me too! ^
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:04 am

Delta's birthday present to me....

Your birthday is approaching—and we can make your wishes come true even before you blow out the candles. As a valued SkyMiles® member, when you register and book a round-trip Delta flight now through August 31, 2008, you'll receive double miles or double Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs)—your choice. But you must travel by September 30, 2008 to receive your birthday gift—so register, book a flight and have a happy birthday!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Me, too. I just got emails from DL this morning. I will earned more double MQM promo again. I will fly again to FLL during more mileage runs. I decide that I will choose to have double MQM promo. Hopefully if I wll expect earned more miles toward Gold Medallion. Thanks all.

Regards
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tonypct
Yep. Me too! ^
Same here, too. I just received emails from DL this morning. I will offer earning more MQM promo. While I will fly to FLL during more mileage runs. Hopefully if I will closer toward Gold Medallion. Its my birthday coming up for next 2 weeks on August 15. Thanks all.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:49 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Sigh my bday was 8 days before they started doing this in June. I get no love!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
I got it also - question - nowhere did it say you have to book through delta or delta.com so am i right to assume that its good regardless of how you book the flight?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:06 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I only have a birthday every four years.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Sigh my bday was 8 days before they started doing this in June. I get no love!
Oh, come on! I'm sure you get a whole lotta lovin' from your fellow FTers on this board!
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Wow! What does that make you, like about 10 years old?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by tonypct
Wow! What does that make you, like about 10 years old?
Ha Ha. I wish
Old Aug 1, 2008, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I think Mrs BamaVol stopped having birthdays 15 years ago. However, at 1 every 4 years, it's unlikely you'll ever catch up with her.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ha Ha. I wish
You knows, it's my birthday coming up next 2 weeks. I will be 30 years old. Why you don't check those original thread from CommunityBuzz thread. I am already bump these original thread back. I am already receiving email from DL this morning. I am offer registered online to get earned more double MQM. Hopefully if I can have fly few more trip toward Gold Medallion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.