Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Yes, but warning: The Frosted Orange isn't made onsite. It's trucked in already in the cups.
Another FO being treated w such disrespect!

For one more ATL food recommendation, I had dinner at Ecco Sunday and it was very good. I know it's a sister restaurant to their midtown location, but they really missed out by not branding this one Ecco on Foxtrot.

Too bad I missed the FT party in the SkyClub, we skipped it in lieu of a decent glass of wine. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-guest.html

Last edited by PRWeezer; Aug 6, 2013 at 1:22 pm
Old Aug 7, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
to go at OFS?

Originally Posted by cmd320
I usually plan a minimum of 40 minutes to be sitting and actually eating/drinking at the restaurant, but I don't like having to rush through a meal. About 15-25 minutes round trip from T/A/B to E, and maybe an additional 10 minutes of gate/restaurant to train walking time. Can comfortably be accomplished with a layover of 1h45m in my opinion, maybe 90m if rushed a bit. If you're in/out of E you could pretty easily do it with less than 90 minutes.
Related question: I also have a relatively short layover coming up in ATL, and thought of just getting something to go at OFS--a place I've wanted to try for years but have never managed to fit in. They say on their website that they have "an exceptional prepared to-go selection," but not what it is. Any experience/recommendations?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:55 pm
Used to be hamajicky

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Another FO being treated w such disrespect!

For one more ATL food recommendation, I had dinner at Ecco Sunday and it was very good. I know it's a sister restaurant to their midtown location, but they really missed out by not branding this one Ecco on Foxtrot.

Too bad I missed the FT party in the SkyClub, we skipped it in lieu of a decent glass of wine. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...nge-guest.html
Ecco on Foxtrot: genius.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by preadmor
I'm a big fan of Cafe Intermezzo at the center of Concourse B...and it's reasonably priced! I think it's one of the best kept secrets at ATL. The fried grits are good at Sojourners by E26, and you can also gamble and play Keno.
I'm going to avoid this one for a little bit.

AJC: Maggots found in Atlanta airport sandwich, food inspections enhanced.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

Not to discount the nastiness of what happened, but according to my wife's narration of that story, the guy refused the restaurant's offer for a refund, kept the sandwich, got on his flight to Miami with it, and then contacted the media after he landed.

Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Oakshadow

Originally Posted by gooselee
Not to discount the nastiness of what happened, but according to my wife's narration of that story, the guy refused the restaurant's offer for a refund, kept the sandwich, got on his flight to Miami with it, and then contacted the media after he landed.

The story further said that several airport restaurants get their bread from the same source.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:13 am

One has to keep the evidence for the media to see....
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by twtrvl
Wouldn't just the video have been enough?

Just read the story more fully. He discovered the maggots after opening the sandwich while on his flight, but then kept it all day, flew back to ATL that evening, and presented it to CI and then kept it again to show to Channel 2.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see myself keeping a maggoty sandwich with me for an entire day, presumably while going to business meetings or whatever he was doing in MIA.

I guess more power to him for doing that and getting the restaurants/airport to step up their inspections.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by twtrvl
Wouldn't just the video have been enough?

You never know. People can be very suspicious.

[/QUOTE] I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see myself keeping a maggoty sandwich with me for an entire day, presumably while going to business meetings or whatever he was doing in MIA. [/QUOTE]

True. I hope he had some Zip-locs to double-bag it.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Question ~10 hour layover in ATL -- what to do?

Hi All,

I have a 10-hour layover in ATL and was wondering if you all have any suggestions about what to do to occupy my time. I'll definitely have a meal at One Flew South, but other than that, any suggestions? I would prefer not to spend all that time in a Sky Club. Is it pretty easy to get to/from downtown ATL by public transportation? I'm not from ATL or that area, so any help would be appreciated!
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:51 pm

Start reading:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...where-eat.html

The MARTA is easy is you want to get downtown.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 11:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by misterbean
Start reading:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...where-eat.html

The MARTA is easy is you want to get downtown.
Geezus...it's 43 pages long!!!!!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:01 am

Try this one:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21152228-post605.html
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:02 am

If you're into tourist places you could go downtown and do the Coca-Cola museum and/or the Aquarium.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Depending upon your timing of arrival/departure, you can venture off site and go the Atlanta Aquarium or Coke World. About an hour drive each way. Just get a cheap rental car and have at it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.