Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Long Layover at Atlanta (ATL): What to Do? Where to Eat?

Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: DL DM/SC, SPG Plat, UA, AA, Hertz Gold
I'm not sure when your layover is, but if it is during the summer yet, I would go camp out at the SkyDeck in terminal F.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Plat Premier, SPG Plat
Best Food/Drink: One Flew South

I would just spend the time there unless you're traveling late enough that the SkyDeck is open.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by McGoogles
Best Food/Drink: One Flew South

I would just spend the time there unless you're traveling late enough that the SkyDeck is open.
Order the dirty south. You won't regret it... Until you step on the scale the next morning.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: I don't travel anymore
Lowly GM - no Sky Club access
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:02 am

Go to the SC in F, look at the Sky Deck (assuming it's not raining, a perhaps tenuous assumption), have the same reaction as I did (this is kind of cool, but not that cool), then go to One Flew South.

It's obviously enough time to leave the airport there's not much point in doing so IMO.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
If no club access, go to terminal E and dine at One Flew South.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: DL exDM MM
I agree with the above. Visit the Sky Deck. Eat at One Flew South.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:33 am

Do you have a Platinum Amex that will get you access? If you have multiple flights in the near future that involve airports with Sky Clubs you may want to consider spending $90 for the 30 day pass
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:35 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by tristar76
I'm not opposed to drinking that entire time.
Well, now that you've decided on the activity, all you need is the proper venue...

You can buy a SC daypass and while away the hours drinking complimentary but uninspiring alcohol, or you can use that money and visit a few airport drinking spots and stick with the place you find most comfortable. OFS is great for food and wine, but may not be your cup of tea.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: I don't travel anymore
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
but uninspiring alcohol, or you can use that money and visit a few airport drinking spots and stick with the place you find most comfortable. OFS is great for food and wine, but may not be your cup of tea.
I tend not to play the part of the business traveler. No blazers or slacks when I travel. Usually track pants and t-shirt. I get some funny looks when I take my seat in F from guys dressed for business.

Anyway, yeah, Burgers, Brews and BBQ is more my style. I do enough "upscale" dining while I'm in NYC. I use DTW far more than ATL for connecting, so thought I'd ask those in the know.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:43 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by tristar76
I tend not to play the part of the business traveler. No blazers or slacks when I travel. Usually track pants and t-shirt. I get some funny looks when I take my seat in F from guys dressed for business.
Hah!!!

I thought I was the only one!! ^^^^

Granted its usually Prada, but I still pick comfort/warm-up outfits over "professional" appearance when traveling.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: SQ
Smile

I would leave the airport and find the nearest Zaxby's
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:53 am
Used to be hamajicky

3:18 layover at ATL...what to do?

Go to Ecco in terminal f. Far less crowded than one flew south and still very good food.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
No suggestion for Sweetwater yet? They have two locations in the airport and a good selection of their local craft beer.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
One Flew South is a long-time FlyerTalk favorite, but I agree with Chalky White that Ecco over in Terminal F is also an excellent new choice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.