DL's New Inflight Safety Video

Old Feb 20, 2008, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by rcherskov
I like how she wags here finger when she says "Smoking is NOT allowed!"
You are completely correct--the finger waging "no smoking" is the highlight of the video^--all four and a half minutes of it.:

Overall, I like it more than the version we've been watching--or more accurately, trying to avoid watching.

Last edited by atl runner; Feb 20, 2008 at 6:41 pm
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by J-M
The girl in the window exit row is hot
Truer words have never been said. Please be on my flight, please be on my flight... According to the Delta blog, everyone on there (well, except the kid shown during the oxygen mask bit, ha) is an employee...I wonder where she works...?

Also, yes the main FA has HUGE lips. I do like it when she wags her finger though with the 'no smoking', haha! Nice work Delta!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:29 pm

Why the PA mic?

At the very beginning WHY, OH WHY, is the pilot speaking into a PA mic? That would make sense if they showed him facing forward like normal when a pilot makes and announcement...but if he is going to be turned around and staring into the camera ANYWAYS.....why have the mic in his hand? I hope when DL pilots make announcements on flights they don't randomly turn around and face the back of the cockpit!!! OTHERWSE I really like this video, cute and interesting without being TOO cute...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:48 pm

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Plataimond, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH, OneWorld Boarding Group 5
Good: Visual demonstrations of life jacket use.

Bad: Spending at least three minutes trying to figure out if Lips is pretty or not; finally decided no. Why didn't they go with a more "universal" looking girl of the type that ad agencies love so much?

I prefer UA's video - everyone seems so sincere. I wish I could say that about the rest of UA.

Then there's ANA's video (though this version is a little old):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R2GNIC2bfU

You get the impression that nothing could possibly go wrong.

Most of all, I can never get over the 50-year old's voice coming out of the 20-something FA's mouth.

I think DL should have hired an English speaking NH FA to be the "face" of the new safety video. They'd certainly have my attention.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Not bad. But I like the Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic safety videos much more.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:31 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I like this one - but will miss the music from the 2006 version.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Is it me, or is this new video MUCH longer than the previous one?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by DukieDrew
Man, she has some big lips...

I'm gonna miss the dark-haired girl with the southern accent...
No kidding! Those lips are flapping in the wind....could use some better lipstick too.

Ya and what on earth is up with mr. clean in the life vest??!?!?

I must say, I like the previous video way better.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Originally Posted by J-M
The girl in the window exit row is hot
This is the correct response to this video. ^^^

I feel like I have watched a rap video, they did time the words and beat really well. I want to see the live vest guy do the soulja boy.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:23 pm
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by DiscoPapa
Truer words have never been said. Please be on my flight, please be on my flight...
Seriously... I've done a fair bit of flying in the exit row and have yet to wind up sitting next to anyone that good looking. Same thing goes with F. I love the seat and the service, but I tend to watch in envy as some of the Y pax go by

According to the Delta blog, everyone on there (well, except the kid shown during the oxygen mask bit, ha) is an employee...I wonder where she works...?
Yeah, I was wondering that myself.

Originally Posted by colpuck
This is the correct response to this video. ^^^
They probably wanted to find a way to get people to watch the video. Easy... put a hot gal at the beginning and all the men on the plane will be glued to the TV waiting to see if she shows up again

It kinda reminds me of the Delta TV music/entertainment segment from early 2007 that featured some hot pop singer dancing around wearing very little clothes. I was sitting near the back of a 752 on one flight and couldn't help but notice that just about every pair of male eyes (including my own) would look up every time she was on the screen.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:20 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
I don't care what you say about her lips... "Red" (that is my new name for her) is hot and did a good job. Makes me wanna light up on my next flight in hopes that she will come wag her finger at me.

Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:24 pm

where'd the accent go?

If you just listen to the video, try closing your eyes, at the beginning the FA's accent is noticeable, especially when she says "phone" but by the end of the video the accent is pretty much all gone...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tonypct
Not bad. But I like the Virgin America and Virgin Atlantic safety videos much more.
Those 2 along with the Air France and Thai Airways are among my favorites on Youtube!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:31 pm

Suggestions for her name....

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
"Red" (that is my new name for her)
Can't we come up with something better to call her?

Here are some:

Deltangelina
Delta Jolie

OR

D'angelina where the "D" stands for Delta -Pronounced "DEE angelina"

O.K. the more I say it outloud the more I like it... Hm...does this forum have polls?

Last edited by Burj; Feb 20, 2008 at 10:41 pm
Old Feb 20, 2008, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Makes me wanna light up on my next flight in hopes that she will come wag her finger at me.

HAHAHA The video is entertaining and "fresh" but I thought delta could of toned it down some. I cna see how it would be very annoying after my 2nd flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.