FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/75647-minimum-connection-transfer-time-amsterdam-ams-definitive-thread.html)

jjlovecub Dec 17, 07 5:35 pm

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it.

SpinzCity Dec 17, 07 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler (Post 8912273)
Only if you "mind your step!" :D

Whot? Like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wEYuavNNM8&NR=1

Fredgoblu Dec 18, 07 8:02 am

Originally Posted by KtownTraveler (Post 8912273)
Only if you "mind your step!" :D

Good one! I can hear that voice in my head just reading your reply.

It reminds me of the receptionist taking calls in the movie Office Space, repeating "corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking, just a moment" over and over again.

Have you ever wondered where all those people disappear to at Schiphol...you know the ones: "you are delaying the flight. If you don't report to the gate immediately, your bags will be removed."

alstublieft

Fredgoblu Dec 18, 07 8:06 am

Originally Posted by SpinzCity (Post 8913221)

Scary that somebody would actually record that...and that we'd recognize it!

...and I stand corrected...it's "we will proceed to offload your luggage."

bdahlg68 Jul 21, 08 4:46 pm

AMS connection time

1 hr and 5 minutes. Arriving from Mumbai, going to DTW. Want to be on an A330, but that means either 1hr5min or about 7 hrs. Any thoughts on whether that can be made? Will I need to go through Passport control?

tomh009 Jul 21, 08 5:08 pm

No passport control required. 1h05 sounds fine to me, as long as delays departing from BOM are not common.

BSBG Jul 21, 08 7:23 pm

You should be OK if no delays inbound. I had 45 minutes earlier this year and the GA at the Cityhopper desk in BRU told me I would never make it and moved me to an hour earlier flight to AMS. I ended up sitting at the gate for some time...

PhoenixFlyer Jul 21, 08 9:52 pm

Had 25 min before between landing and gate closure earlier this month due to delayed arrival from FCO.. I had to run / walk very fast, but made it with time to spare.. You should be fine with over an hour :)

GUWonder Jul 22, 08 5:06 am

Originally Posted by bdahlg68 (Post 10075054)
1 hr and 5 minutes. Arriving from Mumbai, going to DTW. Want to be on an A330, but that means either 1hr5min or about 7 hrs. Any thoughts on whether that can be made? Will I need to go through Passport control?

I make such connections quite regularly. NO passport control check applicable at AMS as you'll be coming in from a non-Schengen location and going on to a non-Schengen location. You will however have to go through a gate-area security screening for your AMS-DTW flight (including being subjected to the stupid security contractor's questions), but as long as you are to that point before the flight is closed, you should be fine as long as your flight doesn't depart BOM too late.

bdahlg68 Jul 22, 08 7:00 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 10077344)
I make such connections quite regularly. NO passport control check applicable at AMS as you'll be coming in from a non-Schengen location and going on to a non-Schengen location. You will however have to go through a gate-area security screening for your AMS-DTW flight (including being subjected to the stupid security contractor's questions), but as long as you are to that point before the flight is closed, you should be fine as long as your flight doesn't depart BOM too late.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping. Now the question is whether to leave only 1 hour between 2 ~9 hour flights in eco.

CarolDisney1 Oct 25, 08 3:36 pm

AMS Connection Question

I just put a FF ticket on hold for my mother.

Connection time from DL to AF (to Lyon) is 1.5 hours. Is that even remotely possible?
I doubt I will be with her. I can't figure out how to BUY a ticket with the same routing (although I will call when I get closer to booking to see if it's possible)
Thanks!

3Cforme Oct 25, 08 3:39 pm

Sure. Concourse walks can be long, however.

CarolDisney1 Oct 25, 08 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 10576896)
Sure. Concourse walks can be long, however.

Thanks!

Long walk isn't really a problem. She doesn't have any mobility problems (Heck she can outwalk me!)

Mkpd Oct 25, 08 6:48 pm

Should not be a problem. I just went through AMS last week and had a 1.5 hour connection time.

They do have a short connection Passport Control line but she should not have to use it.

ttjoseph Oct 25, 08 9:46 pm

Don't expect to have much time to kill, though, especially if the incoming DL flight is delayed! AMS can have some very long walks.