FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Amsterdam (AMS): The Definitive Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/75647-minimum-connection-transfer-time-amsterdam-ams-definitive-thread.html)

MarkP24 Nov 21, 2019 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 31758042)
Looking at MCT table, there has to be something going on next year effecting KLM/AMS. There's lots of temporary longer MCTs. These vary per flight and even part of the year. The base is still 50 minutes, just temporary longer MCT throughout the year.

Does anyone know the rough dates for this change?

flyerCO Nov 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24 (Post 31764347)
Does anyone know the rough dates for this change?

They vary by route throughout the next year, all the way through Jan 21.

roelb Nov 25, 2019 2:53 am

Might be related with construction work for the new A concourse.. My itinerary was for a connection from an inbound flight from the US to a Cityhopper flight, which usually is a bus gate with planes parked in the area where the new concourse is being built.

iplaybass Apr 26, 2020 8:27 pm

Is there any update to the MCT? I have to plan October travel to Italy. I'm not thrilled with booking a flight to Italy now, but my existing reservation on another airline just broke, so I'm trying to find possible alternatives. We don't want to worry about missing a connection and waiting for hours.

miamiflyer8 Apr 28, 2020 6:07 pm

As of Apr 2020 it appears AMS has gone smoke-free inside the terminal so plan accordingly if this applies to you!

sleepro May 24, 2021 11:46 am

KL-KL ZAG-AMS-LAX under one PNR, arriving AMS 8:25am, MCT 50min still applies? I assumed no need to go through either security or passport control for this transfer?

flyerCO May 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by sleepro (Post 33275379)
KL-KL ZAG-AMS-LAX under one PNR, arriving AMS 8:25am, MCT 50min still applies? I assumed no need to go through either security or passport control for this transfer?

Correct. Croatia is outside Schengen despite being in EU, so no immigration and no security at AMS.

sleepro May 24, 2021 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO (Post 33275450)
Correct. Croatia is outside Schengen despite being in EU, so no immigration and no security at AMS.

Awesome. Thanks!

Love_Travel Aug 20, 2021 12:22 am

One hour transit time at AMS

Any tips on how I can speed through the security to catch the next flight in AMS in one hour transit time? Flying BOM-AMS-ATL. First segment BOM-AMS is KL 878. Next segment is Delta flight DL 0071. Just have one hour transit at AMS.Thanks

Akiestar Aug 20, 2021 12:43 am

Granted that the last time I transited through AMS was just before COVID (BOM-AMS-LAX in January 2020), but AMS does have designated security lines for short connections.

flyerCO Aug 20, 2021 3:18 am

Originally Posted by Love_Travel (Post 33505358)
Any tips on how I can speed through the security to catch the next flight in AMS in one hour transit time? Flying BOM-AMS-ATL. First segment BOM-AMS is KL 878. Next segment is Delta flight DL 0071. Just have one hour transit at AMS.Thanks

You should have no issues if on time. There's a short connection lane as noted if needed. Biggest issue will be how far away your departure gate is.

Love_Travel Aug 20, 2021 3:47 am

Thanks. I will look for the short connection lane

Grouchy Aug 20, 2021 6:17 am

If you are eglible, pax can (scan their BP and) receive a short connection pass (if pax have enough time they will not get one but get a message that there is enough time to catch their flight).
Those flights are also appearing on the monitors.
However in a lot of cases an one hour transit is not considered a short connection at AMS, only when your flight is delayed or if it's busy.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/innovatio...nnection-pass/

Love_Travel Aug 20, 2021 8:02 am

Very nice system. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Grouchy (Post 33505841)
If you are eglible, pax can (scan their BP and) receive a short connection pass (if pax have enough time they will not get one but get a message that there is enough time to catch their flight).
Those flights are also appearing on the monitors.
However in a lot of cases an one hour transit is not considered a short connection at AMS, only when your flight is delayed or if it's busy.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/innovatio...nnection-pass/

Ordhater Aug 20, 2021 8:12 am

I haven't transited AMS in a while, but I think BOM and ATL flights are both on the non-Schengen side. So you shouldn't have to go through immigration or security at all.