Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2007, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The calendar was working for me until today. Today I got all sorts of screwy results.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by TPAbound
Trying to book Delta Skysavers on-line. I feel like I'm being deceived.

When I enter FC, RT for the entire month of July 08, I see Skysavers everywhere. However, the quoted Skysaver miles says "67,500"!!!!! The itinerary is TPA to SFO or SAN.

I looked closely at the list to ensure there was no mixing of Skychoice & Skysaver and confirmed that indeed the options all said Skysaver.

Anyone else having this problem?

Travel safe
I have had this happen when I am offered an odd routing. For example, I have been offered HSV-ATL-(PNS or TLH)-TPA as a SkySaver award, but the mileage amount was significantly higher.

So here you have delta.com offering you a non-standard routing labelled as "SkySaver", but in fact being priced at SkyChoice rates due to the funky routing.

Don't know for sure if this is the case for you, but thought it's worth mentioning as a possibility.

David
Old Nov 10, 2007, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by soitgoes
The calendar was working for me until today. Today I got all sorts of screwy results.
I noticed problems much like the OP described months ago.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gilpin
I noticed problems much like the OP described months ago.
The bizarre pricing has been going on for some time. It's DL's "customer-friendly" combing awards feature that also includes mysterious new rules, limitations, etc.

What I saw today, though, was different: the calendar would indicate SkySaver availability for a number of days that, when selected, would present only SkyChoice options.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by soitgoes
What I saw today, though, was different: the calendar would indicate SkySaver availability for a number of days that, when selected, would present only SkyChoice options.
Sometimes - but not always - clicking "View All Options" will display the previously-hidden SkySaver routes.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by SpeedyJEP
Sometimes - but not always - clicking "View All Options" will display the previously-hidden SkySaver routes.
Or "Search by schedule".

David
Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: DL GM
Why do I not see a calendar when I search for award flights?

I've been looking for a TATL flight for next spring. Even though I check all the boxes indicating flexibility about dates, etc., all I get is a list of flights (all SkyChoice, of course) for the specific departure and return dates.

When I try to "search by schedule", I get a "page unavailable" error message.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The calendar only works for normal roundtrips (not for multicity). I think you should also select "search by price" (if you are looking for SkySaver).
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:26 am

I'm not searching for multicity flights, and I used to get a calendar for this exact itinerary.

But I'll try the search by price option.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The calendar is working for me right now. Maybe close and restart your browser if you continue to have problems.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:45 am

I've gotten the calendar for multi-city segments, but find it generally useless. Although the calendar may show SkySaver availability for particular dates, the availability is never there when you try to actually book the flight. Either there is no SkySaver availability or the mileage requirement, despite saying it is SkySaver, is actually SkyChoice. This would be a great tool if it actually did what it purports to do.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, US, DL, UA, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver
Sounds basic, but make sure you are logged in. I erroneously did a search a few times and realized I was not logged in so I didn't get the calendars.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ladiflier
Sounds basic, but make sure you are logged in. I erroneously did a search a few times and realized I was not logged in so I didn't get the calendars.
I see them even when I am not logged in.

Ahh, the joys of airline IT.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by ladiflier
I was logged in.
Old Nov 20, 2007, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tennisbum, is it working for you now?
If not, maybe you could post the route so we could test it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.