Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mcjava
Did you switch between 'price' and 'schedule'? I think for price it shows up, and schedule it doesn't. I've also noticed sometimes when they routing is not real strait forward that the calendar doesn't show up. Just tried to duplicate your issue and got an error (system down or something).

But I've never been able to figure out how to get the calendar to work consistently. Mostly it works, but sometimes not.

I assume someone out there will have played with it enough to have figured out what causes it not so show.
I did both price and schedule and the calendar didn't show up at all. I went ahead and booked the flight for my sister but I really wanted the calendar to show up to give her some more options w/o have to modify the dates every single time. I have repeated my steps many many times with same results which led me to suspect it had to do with destination, but you say it show's up for you so I'm not really sure now.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by amps
I did both price and schedule and the calendar didn't show up at all. I went ahead and booked the flight for my sister but I really wanted the calendar to show up to give her some more options w/o have to modify the dates every single time. I have repeated my steps many many times with same results which led me to suspect it had to do with destination, but you say it show's up for you so I'm not really sure now.
Sorry, I meant in general it shows up in price, not in schedule, in my normal searches. Not for your particular search.

I just now was able to try again. You're right, IAH-YYC won't show the calendar. Neither will YQB. IAH-YVR did show the calendar.

So I really don't know what's up.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
I've had the same problem. Reported it to the website help desk to no avail. (honestly, I don't know why I even bother-nothing ever gets fixed).

This time I noticed that the award availability was different when I used Firefox and IE. IE showed days that were showing not available in Firefox. I also noticed the August 2008 calendar shows 30 days instead of 31.

Because of the many problems I've had for the better part of the past year, I will not search for any flight combo using price. It always limits the flights to the least desirable pairs even when the same low rate is available using the schedule criteria I input.

In all the years I have been using Delta.com I've never seen such a sorry state of affairs. They need to fire the company that is maintaining their website.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:41 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Same thing is happening to me - I was looking for some flights to AMS in Nov - all that was available were SkySaver - now we know that can't be true. When I called, all that was really open were SkyChoice.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Award calendar does not show August 31, 2008

I was booking a Skysaver business class ticket from SAN-ATH (yes I got one) and I noticed that the award calendar does NOT display August 31, 2008. The graphic seems to show a maximum of 5 weeks in a month, and in August 2008 there are 6 weeks. How on earth did the web managers miss this? It skips from August 30 to Sept 1.

I called SMS last night and spoke someone at the web help desk and told them about the problem. The guy was able to reproduce my issue, and thanked me for letting them know.

Seems a glaring error that got missed during QA.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
It's because it's leap year!
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:49 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
All air travel will be free on August 31 so no need to redeem awards that day
Old Oct 25, 2007, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
DL will be announcing that on August 31st you need to use triple miles for all Skysaver awards.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 2:07 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, National Exec. Elite
There were errors processing your calendar search.

Trying to find sky saver availability from CMH - AMS Nov 10 - Nov 17. I find a skysaver CMH - AMS but not back because the calendar gives me that error.

There were errors processing your calendar search.

Is this just me, or has anyone else seen this?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I've run into this a fair bit lately, as well. Have not discerned a specific pattern other than that it was always return legs from europe.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
I tried searching for flights from SNN to MCO and got the same error. They seem to have some bugs on DL.com with their search calendar.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by OrlandoFlyer
I tried searching for flights from SNN to MCO and got the same error. They seem to have some bugs on DL.com with their search calendar.

BUGS? It's infested with roaches!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Yes, I was trying to do a search from ATL - CUN today. It gave me a flight via MEX. I then tried to do a search based on schedule. It kept taking me back to the main page saying that:

ATL-CUN flights operate 7 days a week and CVG-CUN flights operate.... and SLC flights operate .....

I wanted the ATL flight but it would never get me out of this endless loop. I didn't want to go via a stop. ATL-CUN is a non-stop.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by gator21
Yes, I was trying to do a search from ATL - CUN today. It gave me a flight via MEX. I then tried to do a search based on schedule. It kept taking me back to the main page saying that:

ATL-CUN flights operate 7 days a week and CVG-CUN flights operate.... and SLC flights operate .....

I wanted the ATL flight but it would never get me out of this endless loop. I didn't want to go via a stop. ATL-CUN is a non-stop.
The ATL-CUN might not have any SkySaver or SkyChoice seats available.

Remember the announcement that DL said that not ALL of their flights will have SkyChoice availability anymore. Maybe this is one of them.
Old Nov 10, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Plat, CRC, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Priority Club Gold
Bait and Switch on Skysaver awards...ridiculous

Trying to book Delta Skysavers on-line. I feel like I'm being deceived.

When I enter FC, RT for the entire month of July 08, I see Skysavers everywhere. However, the quoted Skysaver miles says "67,500"!!!!! The itinerary is TPA to SFO or SAN.

I looked closely at the list to ensure there was no mixing of Skychoice & Skysaver and confirmed that indeed the options all said Skysaver.

Anyone else having this problem?

Travel safe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.