Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ExpertFlyer and Delta Air Lines: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL DM
Using the +/- 3 days allows you to see 7 days at a time. Four queries would allow you to see an entire month. I think they cap it at +/- 3 days for bandwith reasons.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
That would be a nice EF feature and seems like a relatively easy one to build from an IT standpoint...just do a search for the next available date where inventory is open.

...but what do I know, I have problems turning my pc on sometimes
Agreed but that would mean a potentially unlimited number of hits against an airline's inventory system. I'm sure the airlines would want to restrict that, plus I'm not sure what sort of per-click fees EF pays for this info.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
expertflyer now returning V class in ordinary availability searches

looking at some flights next week, and seeing F9 A9 P9 V5 Y9 ..........

is delta up to something nefarious? or is this just expertflyer getting a better data source? certainly nice to see everything in one place...

edit: and it looks like in the last couple of minutes, G was also added... and X/Z on business cabin flights.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Seat1A

is delta up to something nefarious? or is this just expertflyer getting a better data source? certainly nice to see everything in one place...
^^^
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Flightstats.com is also showing V and G availability now, and for free.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Showing X/Z as well.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Flightstats.com is also showing V and G availability now, and for free.
Very cool, but what happened to seatcounter.com or publicavailability... those websites seem to have just fallen apart?

Thanks!

Last edited by MikeyZBT; Jul 26, 2011 at 3:03 pm Reason: I found how to do it on flightstats.com. Nice to see upgrade availability.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX

edit: and it looks like in the last couple of minutes, G was also added... and X/Z on business cabin flights.
ExpertFlyer doesn't offer a free service. Everything costs money except for the 5-day free trial, but that's not very useful. Using flightstats.com or some other site that is ACTUALLY FREE is better.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...stats-com.html among other threads ...
Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:04 pm

Hopefully these changes in inventory reporting indicate that G/Z upgrades will soon be available online.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
EF Says No Availability; DL Just Sold it to Me

Interesting thing happened to me. I was looking for a flight HKG-->NRT-->HKG on DL.dumb and I saw a pretty good fare in a K bucket (almost the lowest bucket typically available on this route) with the "Only 2 tickets remaining at this price" warning.

Out of curiosity I went to EF to see if it showed K2 or K more than 2 due to married segment availability. It showed K0!

I realize EF is not perfect but I was surprised to see them show K0 yet DL willing to sell me a K fare online. I expected to get the "sorry, the fare has increased" BS after accepting, but my purchase went through.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Seen this before?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Out of curiosity I went to EF to see if it showed K2 or K more than 2 due to married segment availability. It showed K0!
i don't understand -- where's the married segments in a HKG-NRT-HKG trip?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 2:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
i don't understand -- where's the married segments in a HKG-NRT-HKG trip?
None. What I meant was, you will often see LUT availability on HKG-->NRT segments when those fares aren't sold on that route. It's for people connecting in NRT to and from the USA. I wanted to see what kind of K availability was left, given that DL claimed only 2 more seats were available at that fare.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:29 pm
kjh

Delta.com seat availability vs expertflyer availability

I just checked in for my flight about 22 before departure and looking at the upgrade/standby display on delta.com it shows available seats of F3, Y25; however on expertflyer it shows F2, Y3. I realize that the maximum expertflyer would typically show is 7 or 9, but is seems curious that there would be the discrepancy I am seeing ... am I missing or misinterpreting something?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
Seat availability can change lickety split. Add to that a couple of different methods which EF can use to access availability and that airlines do not always show the identical availability via GDS as to their own systems (intentionally). Plus any latency if EF only accesses various data periodically rather than on demand.

You can get close. Exactly much of the time. But different sometimes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.