Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
[left]*Note: For everyone else's convenience, please remove your request from the Wiki once you have finished your trip. If you do not have the required permission to modify the wiki, please ask another member with ability to do so to remove it for you.

Keep in mind however only those with 90 posts and days tenure may post in this wiki, for more information regarding this thread click here.

Also, to keep the thread cleaner, if you see a compatible offer or request, please PM the individual in addition to posting 'PM sent to <ft handle(s)>', so those in this thread who are subscribed to the thread only can check the message. Not only will it make the thread cleaner, but the person offering access will likely get to the request quicker as the notification will be immediate. and may make special accommodations if necessary.

Some other suggestions to make your experience smoother can be found below:

-Hold a paper sign with the person offering or requesting access's handle
-Having a FT brag tag which can be found here (and may even inspire a mini-DO)
-Having prior conversations regarding your plans so neither of you are confused, this should also minimize the amount of time the person offering access will have to be outside of the club.

SEEKING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & PREFERRED NUMBER of GUESTS
e.g., 27th 2017, Thursday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ just myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFERING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & MAX AMOUNT of GUESTS
e.g., 14th 2017, Monday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ 2 Guests (May be reduced entry)

November 2019
Nov 23 / 1400-17:30 / ATL / Zorak +1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MEETUP / Not Offering Access
Print Wikipost

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by cmn.jcs
The Delta-branded AmEx plat has a $25 one-visit pass option. The AmEx-branded plat gets access as part of the card fee.
Correct. http://exploreplatinum.americanexpre...enefits/Travel

Thus, I'm usually checking in to a lounge both before and after flights. Faster service to grab one last drink for the road, and definitely nicer lavs.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 3:56 am

Thanks for clearing that up!

Last edited by Marilu; Jan 17, 2012 at 1:41 pm
Old Feb 3, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Does anyone know if/which lounge Delta uses in Osaka? I'm flying business from Osaka soon and am curious.

Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by seattletravelguy
Does anyone know if/which lounge Delta uses in Osaka? I'm flying business from Osaka soon and am curious.

Thanks.
A quick glance shows the answer

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:37 pm

I looked there already. Osaka isn't on the list, unless I'm blind (probable).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by seattletravelguy
I looked there already. Osaka isn't on the list, unless I'm blind (probable).
Did you click the drop-down list and select business passenger? There are two lounges available for use. One is the KE lounge, the other is the Asuka lounge, which I think is run by JL.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:20 pm

Got it (finally!), thanks. Guess I'll find out at check-in which lounge they give me a pass to.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I visited DTW Skyclub for the first time Monday - definitely love those self-service bars.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I visited DTW Skyclub for the first time Monday - definitely love those self-service bars.
Careful, there are some folks lurking who think bartenders are a good thing even though the "old" Worldclubs like you were in get it right. I'm with you.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Guest Protocol

Mods: Couldn't decide whether this belonged here or in the Amex lounge thread. Feel free to move if I chose...poorly.

I recently stepped up to an Amex Platinum as I'm starting to travel more for work, am based out of ATL, and almost always use DL.

Would love to help out some other FTers while I'm lounging, but don't want to look like an idiot, so had a couple quick questions:
  1. Will my guests also need to present DL boarding passes, or can they be flying on another airline?
  2. How do I guest someone in if I'm in the club before them? Just go back out to the desk, meet the guest, and check the in with my card? I tend to be paranoid getting from Manhattan to LGA on Thurs/Fri afternoons, so almost always end up there way too early.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am going to get to try the MSP Skyclub on Saturday and Sunday for the first time - is it any good?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I am going to get to try the MSP Skyclub on Saturday and Sunday for the first time - is it any good?
There are two lounges, one in the C Concourse which is phenomenal (and a great example of ex-Northwest style) and one in the F/G Concourse which is decent. The latter was just renovated and looks much better than it did, but its layout is still strange. Still, either club beats the gate!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went again today to the MSP SkyClub on C Concourse - not bad - no olives. Love the self service bar and beer taps.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
I'm at the newly-renovated club at E15 in ATL if anyone wants to meet up or get a drink/snack. This place is gorgeous! And thye pour strong too!! ^

-J.
Too bad you can't pour it the way YOU like it.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by cmh flyer
Too bad you can't pour it the way YOU like it.
TRUE THAT... and then I wouldn't have had to worry about tipping. The young man (he was around my age I think!) did make very good drinks tbh, considering how tough it is to get a drink in Salt Lake City in general ^

-J.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.