Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
[left]*Note: For everyone else's convenience, please remove your request from the Wiki once you have finished your trip. If you do not have the required permission to modify the wiki, please ask another member with ability to do so to remove it for you.

Keep in mind however only those with 90 posts and days tenure may post in this wiki, for more information regarding this thread click here.

Also, to keep the thread cleaner, if you see a compatible offer or request, please PM the individual in addition to posting 'PM sent to <ft handle(s)>', so those in this thread who are subscribed to the thread only can check the message. Not only will it make the thread cleaner, but the person offering access will likely get to the request quicker as the notification will be immediate. and may make special accommodations if necessary.

Some other suggestions to make your experience smoother can be found below:

-Hold a paper sign with the person offering or requesting access's handle
-Having a FT brag tag which can be found here (and may even inspire a mini-DO)
-Having prior conversations regarding your plans so neither of you are confused, this should also minimize the amount of time the person offering access will have to be outside of the club.

SEEKING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & PREFERRED NUMBER of GUESTS
e.g., 27th 2017, Thursday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ just myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFERING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & MAX AMOUNT of GUESTS
e.g., 14th 2017, Monday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ 2 Guests (May be reduced entry)

November 2019
Nov 23 / 1400-17:30 / ATL / Zorak +1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MEETUP / Not Offering Access
Print Wikipost

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by soxrok3
Dear SkyMilers,

I will be traveling from London to Boston on Delta on December 9th. I would love to buy a day pass to the Skyteam lounge there, but its not listed on the One Day Pass list of eligible lounges...anybody have any info. on this? I've read the lounge in T4 at Heathrow that you used to be able to pay to get in to is now closed, so I'd very much appreciate any guidance. Thanks!
Reply: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/u-k-i...4-lounges.html
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
fyi - I was able to use my Delta Sky Club one-day pass recently at The Oasis lounge inside JFK's Terminal 4.

I was flying American (much to my chagrin) and therefore wasn't allowed to enter Delta's usual terminals at JFK, but they kindly pointed me in the direction of Terminal 4.

The Oasis is quite nice. Premium liqueurs, soup, salads, lots of snacks, and good wine selection, and decent views of the runway, plus a library-type open reading room.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
I think the new format is great. I used to lurk hoping to be guested into a SC and that never happened. Now that I have an SC membership, I have been willing to guest people in - also with no luck. Can anyone share a meet up experience? My batting average is zero and just want to know if anyone has had better luck.

c|d
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Silver, USAir, National Executive Eliet, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott Platinum
I signed up on the request list, let's keep our fingers crossed.

I have a question, I have a 5 hour layover in Boston on the 8th, will be going on to Heathrow in a new "Economy Comfort seat" and am not a Sky Club member. The flight brutal enough without the long layover. I figured I would just purchase the day pass, if nothing else comes along.

I could have sworn that when you book your flights that you had an opportunity to purchase a discounted one day pass for the Sky Club but can't seem to find it anywhere. It would of course be after the fact now since I've already got my tickets. I know you can buy discount Wi-Fi after the ticket purchase. Anybody know of a discounted day pass solution?

I have Delta dollars but I haven't seen anywhere you could use Delta Dollars for a Sky Club entry.

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is it possible to add places like AMS and CDG where a lot of partners fly through on the list? ST Elite Plus can guest one person into lounges when on international itineraries, where lounge access can be really helpful. I don't have a SC membership, but this thread has helped me once and I'd be glad to pay it forward with my status on international flights

That said, I'll be in AMS (non-Schengen) on Saturday 11/19 late morning and again (Schengen side) on Monday 11/21 late morning. If anyone is interested, PM me. I will be traveling 11/18 so may not have immediate access.

Last edited by amolkold; Nov 18, 2011 at 1:26 am
Old Nov 18, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
how many can I sponsor?

I will have a 3.5 hour layover in ATL in December. I will be traveling with my wife and my sister and her husband. My wife and I each have Amex Plat, so it is my understanding that we can each take in 2 guests (in which case we can sponsor two more, after we guest my sis&husband). But can you actually take a spouse *plus* two guests? I'm just wondering whether I could be sneaky, claim my sister is my wife (eww, but she does have my last name, which my wife doesn't), thereby opening up an extra guest spot.

I'm guessing the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask ...
Old Nov 22, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by amolkold
Is it possible to add places like AMS and CDG where a lot of partners fly through on the list? ST Elite Plus can guest one person into lounges when on international itineraries, where lounge access can be really helpful.
I second that! Please add some airports from outside the US as well (besides NRT). AMS and CDG are DL hubs; at the very least these should be on the list.

Thank you!
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It is on my to do list. Thanks for the good suggestion. I'll take care of it on the long weekend and let you know when it's done.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by slippahs
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

It is on my to do list. Thanks for the good suggestion. I'll take care of it on the long weekend and let you know when it's done.
If you think there may be demand for JNB, maybe you could add it, also. I'm there a couple times a year and could sponsor a guest. Thanks for adding AMS and CDG!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:27 pm

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Looking forward to having AMS on the list.

In the meantime, am looking for an invite in AMS 21 Dec. between 17:30-20:30.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:03 pm

Can someone clarify a few things for me:

Are the sponsors, well, sponsoring people because it is free for them to do so? Further, if you're sponsored, does it go without saying that you're obligated to hang out with the person that got you in? I just don't get if this is simply a nice gesture for fellow forum members, or if this is people looking for drinking partners in an airport? Also, the going rate for Sky Club access is $25, right? That's what I paid last weekend anyways.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by darkom
Can someone clarify a few things for me:

Are the sponsors, well, sponsoring people because it is free for them to do so? Further, if you're sponsored, does it go without saying that you're obligated to hang out with the person that got you in? I just don't get if this is simply a nice gesture for fellow forum members, or if this is people looking for drinking partners in an airport? Also, the going rate for Sky Club access is $25, right? That's what I paid last weekend anyways.
I sponsor because I like to. It helps someone out and can lead to good conversation. Sometimes we sit and chat, sometimes we don't, but I'm always happy to do it, no strings attached. For me at least, it's a nice gesture.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
I sponsor because I like to. It helps someone out and can lead to good conversation. Sometimes we sit and chat, sometimes we don't, but I'm always happy to do it, no strings attached. For me at least, it's a nice gesture.
Agree with you there. As an Amex Plat cardholder, it costs me nothing, and from reading the posts here as a longtime lurker having finally made a posting account, I might get a decent chat out of it, and if not, I've helped make someone's day a bit easier. Most of my travel being between major hub airports, if I have a decent seatmate (+1 if she's cute) who has a layover, I'll gladly take them to the first SkyClub and bid them a good stay while I go on my way.

We're all on here as social creatures. Doesn't hurt to try it in RL sometime too.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by landeej
Agree with you there. As an Amex Plat cardholder, it costs me nothing, and from reading the posts here as a longtime lurker having finally made a posting account, I might get a decent chat out of it, and if not, I've helped make someone's day a bit easier. Most of my travel being between major hub airports, if I have a decent seatmate (+1 if she's cute) who has a layover, I'll gladly take them to the first SkyClub and bid them a good stay while I go on my way.

We're all on here as social creatures. Doesn't hurt to try it in RL sometime too.
I thought you get a discounted rate of $25 as an Amex Platinum cardholder?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Marilu
I thought you get a discounted rate of $25 as an Amex Platinum cardholder?
The Delta-branded AmEx plat has a $25 one-visit pass option. The AmEx-branded plat gets access as part of the card fee.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.